Windows 10: Sound cuts out every few minutes since upgrading to windows 10

Discus and support Sound cuts out every few minutes since upgrading to windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever i'm watching anything in "films and tv" or what was previously windows media player the sound cuts out every minute or so for about 3-4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MelbourneEric, Dec 6, 2015.

1. Sound cuts out every few minutes since upgrading to windows 10

Hi,
    Whenever i'm watching anything in "films and tv" or what was previously windows media player the sound cuts out every minute or so for about 3-4 seconds. I tried watching my shows on a newly downloaded version of VLC and the sound still cuts out. I've tried adjust the Hz in speaker properties but that doesn't work. Please help!!!! i'm really regretting 'upgrading' to windows 10.

Thanks

Eric

:)

MelbourneEric, Dec 6, 2015

2. Whea_Uncontrollable_Error

I just experienced an Whea_Uncontrollable_Error on my PC when i was watching a Youtube video and ever since my computer has been freezing every few minutes for a few seconds and the sound cuts out randomly. Got the computer almost a year ago. Is there
    a way to fix this problem.

TaiyoBasnett, Dec 6, 2015
  3. Sound+Start menu & cortana not working

So ever since i upgraded to Windows 10, there would be instances where the start menu and cortana wouldn't work after start up, but recently I've run into problems where my PC will start up fine but after a little bit the sound will cut out for all programs
    on my computer and the start menu and cortana won't work in conjunction with it. If i wait a little while the sound will return for a few minutes but cut out again. I have the latest sound and audio drivers. Any ideas what could be happening?

BrandenT24, Dec 6, 2015
  4. brummyfan Win User

Sound cuts out every few minutes since upgrading to windows 10

Hi,
    Welcome to the forums, go to device manager( right click start), right click Realtek High Definition and check whether you have the latest driver, if not, update the driver and see whether it fixes the problem.

Sound cuts out every few minutes since upgrading to windows 10 [​IMG]

brummyfan, Dec 6, 2015
  5. Wullail Win User
    it MAY be you have the sound settings set to 5.1 or 7.1 instead of stereo so the system is trying to send certain 'directional' sounds to speakers that don't exist , I had the same issue and that turned out to be my problem.

Wullail, Dec 6, 2015
  6. BUD
    bud Win User
    I've tried that and it doesn't make a difference

Thema:

Sound cuts out every few minutes since upgrading to windows 10

1. Sound cuts out every few minutes since upgrading to windows 10 - Similar Threads - Sound cuts every

2. LAN connection cuts every few minutes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    LAN connection cuts every few minutes: Hello everybodyI have a problem, that every now and then my connection to the internet cuts off. Every few minutes it disconnects for a few seconds befor connecting by itself again.I have connected my laptop Lenovo ThinkPad X1 via a dockingstation via cable to the...
  3. Audio keeps cutting out every 10 minutes then coming back after a few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio keeps cutting out every 10 minutes then coming back after a few seconds.: I've already tried reinstalling my drivers and many other things but nothing seems to be working. submitted by /u/ReBl437 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mmlu1h/audio_keeps_cutting_out_every_10_minutes_then/
  4. Webcam cutting out after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam cutting out after a few minutes: Hello, I've recently bought a webcam for online classes. It seemed to work just fine with Windows UVC. However, after my recent update from 1903 to 2004 it cuts out after a few minutes and only works once I take the USB out and plug it in again. Webcam: Link Dutch...
  5. Audio randomly cuts out every few minutes

Audio randomly cuts out every few minutes: This began to happen fairly recently, probably over the past few days. My audio is cutting out/lagging randomly when listening to Spotify and/or playing games for example. I'm using a DGX Xonar 5.1 soundcard for my toslink hi-fi system, as well as bluetooth headphones and...
  6. Random USB disconnect sound every few minutes...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random USB disconnect sound every few minutes...: Yea so it's occuring every 5 minutes and is getting annoying, (the mouse cursor will disappear briefly for 1 second before the sound kicks in) I checked event viewer and there are many red error messages. Most are related to defrag error of both my SSD and HDD, some...
  7. Bluetooth headphones cut out for a second every few minutes

Bluetooth headphones cut out for a second every few minutes: Recently my bluetooth headphones have started to cut out for a second every few minutes. After looking at the event viewer I noticed this occurs every instance. MMDevAPI: Audio device state changed Any idea what causes this to happen...
  8. Since new Windows 10 install sound cuts out after a few minutes. Restart "fixes" it temporarily

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since new Windows 10 install sound cuts out after a few minutes. Restart "fixes" it temporarily: Hi- I recently installed version 1903. Since then whenever I am listening to sound (via my DAW, Youtube or iTunes) it is fine for a few minutes but then the sound cuts out. The application I am using is still producing sound but nothing comes out of the speakers. I have...
  9. annoying notification sound every few minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    annoying notification sound every few minutes: this sound is the same sound that Windows7 would play when you shut down. Couldn't find what's causing it, disabled live tiles, antivirus and other softwares (note it's almost a fresh install of Win10), I'm in Focus Assist mode and other notifications sound differently.....
  10. USB Microphone cuts out every few minutes

USB Microphone cuts out every few minutes: Hello. I have a USB microphone for my computer. When I use it it will work for 5-15 minutes, before suddenly just recording nothing and displaying a 1 bar signal in my Recording Devices sound menu. Sometimes I can get it to work again if I unplug the mic and put it back in to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 audio interrupted every few minutes