Windows 10: Sound cuts out intermittently

Discus and support Sound cuts out intermittently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Since installing Windows 10, the sound will cut out every so often, usually while watching a video on YouTube or I've downloaded. If I reboot the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Leroy, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Leroy Win User

Sound cuts out intermittently

Hi,
    Since installing Windows 10, the sound will cut out every so often, usually while watching a video on YouTube or I've downloaded. If I reboot the sound works. I notice that I can't left click on the the task bar when this happens. To reboot I need to right click on the Start button. I tried updating the drivers (Connexant Smart Audio HD) but they were up to date. Thanks!

:)

Leroy, Sep 7, 2015

2. Nokia N95 + Nokia BH-501 Bluetooth Music Listening - Cuts out

Hey all,

I just got myself a shiny new BH-501 headset from Amazon.com to pair with my awesome N95 and 8GB MicroSDHC card. The sound quality is fine, but I'm having problems maintaining a skip free listening experience. I find that it will randomly cut out the sound
    in the middle of a song and I can't understand why it is doing that. Its actually very annoying, and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with Stereo Bluetooth to headphones and cutting out of sound intermittently. It doesn't seem to happen at any
    particular time, it is more of an intermittent thing but it can be very annoying.

Any ideas?

frenchmeat, Sep 7, 2015
  3. llcool123 Win User
    no sound from my nokia lumia 720

I had problms with my 720

1. Intermittent problem with phone speaker. No sound or the sound cuts out when playing.

2. Intermittent problem with the phone back, home and search buttons. Phone randomly actives buttons and vibrates, apps close, bing search screen opens and closes, home screen opens and closes, voice search start-up and closes.

Sent it to Nokia for repair. They replaced the bottom flex and antenna. Now all working. Sound cuts out intermittently :)

Great service here in the UK. UPS collects and returns.

llcool123, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Celestial Win User

I have the same problem. I have also updated my sound drivers (Realtek).

Celestial, Sep 11, 2015
  5. I've tried everything but nothing seems to solve the problem

djcanderson, Sep 13, 2015
  6. JudieX Win User
    Same here. I am unable to listen to sites which i used to access on Win 7. e.g. Accuradio, LIve365, etc. Jazz24.org. It just stops playing after a few minutes. Youtube doesnt work either. I installed Windows10 on Saturday -- Tried updating the sound drivers but they didnt need updating anyway!

JudieX, Sep 13, 2015
  7. Leroy Win User
    I've made the change suggested in this article. It doesn't seem to address intermittent issues, but figured I'd try anyway. My original setting was 24 bit, 48,000 and I've changed this to 24 bit 44,100. If anyone else decides to try this please let us know if you have any success, or if you've found another solution that worked. Thanks!

Windows 10: How to fix sound issues after upgrade

Leroy, Sep 25, 2015
  8. locii Win User

I am having the same problem described here. If anyone found a fix please let me know. (have tried everything listed here)

Ty Ty

locii, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound cuts out intermittently - Similar Threads - Sound cuts intermittently

2. Sound cuts out constantly!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound cuts out constantly!!!: Windows 11 home, watching youtube or other videos. The sound randomly stops, especially when I have it running then I goto another application or tab. The only way I can fix it is to reload the sound driver via the trouble shooting. This is the most annoying thing I have ever...
  3. Sound cuts out constantly!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound cuts out constantly!!!: Windows 11 home, watching youtube or other videos. The sound randomly stops, especially when I have it running then I goto another application or tab. The only way I can fix it is to reload the sound driver via the trouble shooting. This is the most annoying thing I have ever...
  4. sound mixer, apps cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound mixer, apps cutting in and out: hellomy computer has been acting really weird as of late, my audio cuts in and out, i checked the sound mixer and the apps seem to be going from 0% to 100% almost randomly i have no clue how to fix this, any ideas on how to fix it?...
  5. airpods sound cutting out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    airpods sound cutting out: I've started using my airpods on my laptop and the sound cuts out at random times, usually about ever 30 minutes but it can happen at any time. The airpods are still connected to windows but they aren't playing any sound and they dont show up in the playback devices. I'm...
  6. Sound cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc is cutting and out for half a second every few seconds. This only happens when I have a video game open. Can someone give me an easy to understand solution to this problem? I have already gone in and updates all my drivers and have tried deleting and...
  7. Sound cutting in and out

Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc keeps cutting in and out. No matter where the sound is coming from headset, speakers, etc. it cuts out for half a second every few seconds. This only occurs when I'm playing games though, when watching movies or chatting with friends it never happens. Can...
  8. Sound on bluetooth headphones cutting out

Sound on bluetooth headphones cutting out: I'm using a set of Sony WH-CH700N headphones with a Dell Inspiron 15 7580 running music through iTunes. The sound keeps temporarily cutting out, flickering. Does anyone have a suggestion/fix? I've tried resetting the headphones to factory settings and deleting +...
  9. Sound is constantly cutting in and out.

Sound is constantly cutting in and out.: So around a month ago, I turned my PC on to find that the audio is constantly cutting in and out on BOTH MY HEADSET AND SPEAKERS. I've listed this problem under devices and drivers, but I am fairly certain it is not a problem with my drivers. Every driver on my PC is up to...
  10. Sound cuts out randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound cuts out randomly: Hello, Sometimes all my audio cuts out randomly, however my microphone still works. So far going to my sounds, enhancements, and toggling the "disable all enhancements" and applying that fixes it, but it is annoying and I would like for this to just stop occurring...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nokia lumia sound cuts off when streaming

2. nokia lumia sound cuts in and out