Windows 10: Sound cuts out on Right speaker

Discus and support Sound cuts out on Right speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Relevant info first: Windows 10 Home Anniversary Edition 1607 Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.7541. Logitech LS21 active speakers For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SAL2014, Aug 30, 2016.

1. SAL2014 Win User

Sound cuts out on Right speaker

Relevant info first:
    Windows 10 Home Anniversary Edition 1607
    Realtek High Definition Audio Driver 6.0.1.7541.
    Logitech LS21 active speakers

For whatever reason, even during playback, the sound will cut out in the right speaker. Unplugging and plugging it back in solves the problem for a little while (1hr/2hr?).
    What I've tried so far.
    • Chose a different output port. Problem continues
    • Used Bluetooth headset. Problem not present.
    • Used USB Playstation 2 sound adapter. Problem partially continues. The sound in the Right speaker is very low, but not mute as in the usual case.
    • Reinstalled Realtek driver. No change. Installed x64 driver. No change
    • Tried to find different USB sound driver. Logitech did not have one for the 97078
    • Sound is consistent and fine on HDMI TV. The sound connection is going through the HDMI port on the Geforce GTX 660

So I don't know what the deal is. I'm thinking it might be the Gigabyte motherboard (GIGABYTE H81M-D2V) but it could be system as well. I'm also tempted to hook up a radio or phone to the speakers to see if the Right speaker cuts out there as well.

:)

SAL2014, Aug 30, 2016

2. Mono sound in windows 10?

This -- at least on my computer -- doesn't actually produce "mono" sound. Instead, it just cuts out the right-hand channel. Is there a solution that feeds both left and right channels to all (be that one or two) speakers?

OWJBurnham, Aug 30, 2016
  3. Speakers keep cutting out the sound

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing regarding the speakers in your computer. We will help you.

This issue could occur due to incompatible, outdated or corrupted device drivers. You can also check if detaching all other peripheral devices except for keyboard and mouse works out the issue.

The issue you’re facing could be most likely related to Sound card drivers and could be resolved by reinstalling or updating the drivers.

Let’s try with the below methods and check if he issue resolves.

Method 1: Run an inbuilt Sound troubleshooter
    and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + X keys and select the
      Control panel.

• Type troubleshooting and select it.

• Left pane select view all and select the Playing audio.

• Run the troubleshooter and follow the instructions.

• Restart the system and check.
    Method 2: try uninstalling the sound driver
    and reinstalling it.

• Press Windows + X keys and select
      Device Manager.

• Select Sound, video and gaming controllers.

• Uninstall the High definition audio driver

• Restart the system.
    Method 3: Reinstall the Sound card driver from the manufacturer website and check updating the device drivers.

Refer: Toshiba support

Refer to the below link to check how to install and update the device drivers.

Refer:
    How to Install and Update the device drivers in Device manager

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 30, 2016
  4. batlhilz Win User

sounds like analog issue, maybe a loose cable? bluetooth and HDMI audio is digital, so thats why they work flawless. however, im not sure what sort of playstation2 adapter you are using, is it USB-to-3.5mm jack sort of or? or 2x3,5mm-to-USB or ?

batlhilz, Aug 30, 2016
  5. VBJP Win User
    Probably best solution would be test by elimination. Test your speakers with other audio source like mp3 player etc that you know works fine. If that works test other speakers/headphones on same port. etc..

6. Steve C Win User
    Most likely its a bad connection in the plug/socket or speaker.

Steve C, Aug 30, 2016
  7. SAL2014 Win User
    I went through my equipment drawer and tried two ideas from following your posts.
    1) I took a digital player and a different audio cable and plugged it into the headset port on the computer. Tested for one hour and it works fine. This bypasses the Logitech amp.
    2) I took the connecting cable from the amp and plugged it into the digital player, thereby routing sound from computer-player-amp. Sound works fine with no drop off after 30 minutes.
    3) I unplugged the speakers from the amp and plugged them into the digital player. Sound is fine, though there is a high pitched whine that comes out of the speakers. I think it's probably related to the digital player.
    4) I plugged the digital player into the headphone plug on the Logitech amp. The problem happens after an hour.

So, I'm confused. The digital player is doing something to the sound coming out of the computer. I'm mystified as to why this is working with the player and not the Logitech speakers. I think I can conclusively rule out the sound card.

SAL2014, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound cuts out on Right speaker - Similar Threads - Sound cuts Right

2. Sound cuts out constantly!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound cuts out constantly!!!: Windows 11 home, watching youtube or other videos. The sound randomly stops, especially when I have it running then I goto another application or tab. The only way I can fix it is to reload the sound driver via the trouble shooting. This is the most annoying thing I have ever...
  3. Sound cuts out constantly!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound cuts out constantly!!!: Windows 11 home, watching youtube or other videos. The sound randomly stops, especially when I have it running then I goto another application or tab. The only way I can fix it is to reload the sound driver via the trouble shooting. This is the most annoying thing I have ever...
  4. airpods sound cutting out

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    airpods sound cutting out: I've started using my airpods on my laptop and the sound cuts out at random times, usually about ever 30 minutes but it can happen at any time. The airpods are still connected to windows but they aren't playing any sound and they dont show up in the playback devices. I'm...
  5. Sound cutting in and out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc is cutting and out for half a second every few seconds. This only happens when I have a video game open. Can someone give me an easy to understand solution to this problem? I have already gone in and updates all my drivers and have tried deleting and...
  6. Sound cutting in and out

Sound cutting in and out: The sound on my pc keeps cutting in and out. No matter where the sound is coming from headset, speakers, etc. it cuts out for half a second every few seconds. This only occurs when I'm playing games though, when watching movies or chatting with friends it never happens. Can...
  7. Sound is constantly cutting in and out.

Sound is constantly cutting in and out.: So around a month ago, I turned my PC on to find that the audio is constantly cutting in and out on BOTH MY HEADSET AND SPEAKERS. I've listed this problem under devices and drivers, but I am fairly certain it is not a problem with my drivers. Every driver on my PC is up to...
  8. Sound cuts out randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound cuts out randomly: Hello, Sometimes all my audio cuts out randomly, however my microphone still works. So far going to my sounds, enhancements, and toggling the "disable all enhancements" and applying that fixes it, but it is annoying and I would like for this to just stop occurring...
  9. Sound not playing out of right speaker when headphones are plugged in

Sound not playing out of right speaker when headphones are plugged in: Hi, I've had this issue on my laptop for the entire time I've owned it, and I've tried to fix it multiple times but still nothing. Sound does not play out of the right headphone speaker, even though windows thinks that it is. This issue is present on all headphones so it's...
  10. Sound cuts out intermittently

Sound cuts out intermittently: Hi, Since installing Windows 10, the sound will cut out every so often, usually while watching a video on YouTube or I've downloaded. If I reboot the sound works. I notice that I can't left click on the the task bar when this happens. To reboot I need to right click on the...