Windows 10: Sound delay Windows 10 Creators Update

Discus and support Sound delay Windows 10 Creators Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a brand new Dell XPS-13 ultraportable with Windows 10 Creators Update. There is a sound delay of 1-2 seconds. To see how this works go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by dangnad2, May 20, 2017.

1. dangnad2 Win User

Sound delay Windows 10 Creators Update

I have a brand new Dell XPS-13 ultraportable with Windows 10 Creators Update. There is a sound delay of 1-2 seconds.

To see how this works go to Control Panel>Sound>Sound properties>Asterisk>test
    When "Test" is clicked the sound should be instantaneous but on my laptop the Asterisk sound plays 1-2 seconds after Test is clicked.

Same for caps lock, press, TWO seconds later it beeps.

Windows 10 Audio troubleshooter is NO HELP. It does not recognize a sound delay as "trouble".

:)

dangnad2, May 20, 2017
  2. xosn Win User
  3. Rohn007 Win User
    KB4056892 Update Problem

HIDE / BLOCK WIN AND DRIVER UPDATES

Microsoft has released KB3073930 that will let users block or hide Windows or driver updates.

You can download it at the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

2017 10 09- HOW TO DEFER WINDOWS FALL CREATORS UPDATE – FCU

https://davescomputertips.com/how-to-defer-wind...

2017 04 04- DELAY OR DEFER UPDATES UP TO 365 DAYS IN WIN10 1703

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-delay-or-defe...

Windows 10 Creators Update (version 1703) allows you to choose when updates are installed on your PC. Using the new settings available, one can delay or defer updates for up to 365 days.

Rohn007, May 20, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, please post a screenshot of your task manager, organising any columns of interest high to low by clicking on the relevant column tab. Repeat for different columns if useful.

- it would be useful to make sure there's no excessive activity.

Do you see the same problem
    a. in Safe Mode
    b. after a clean boot?

dalchina, May 20, 2017
  5. dangnad2 Win User
    Hello dalchina
    Thank you for responding.

Firstly I have never seen the need to use safe mode or clean boot to check the sound delay because it was occurring from day 1. If you really need me to do this would you please post instructions as to how to do these two operations.

Post task manager? That's a pretty tall order...literally. There's a huge number of processes in Win10. As to the columns, I don't know which parameters are relevant. I have arranged according to "working set" and have inserted the top few. If you want to see the whole thing please instruct me on how to attach a PDF file.

Sound delay Windows 10 Creators Update [​IMG]

Of further interest is Realtek processes running. Note that Realtek HD Audio Manager is running but there is no Audio Manager window and no icon in the tray as with Win7 or WinVista. Furthermore, in Device Manager, Sound, Video, and game controllers it shows "Realtek Audio" not "Realtek High Definition Audio".

Sound delay Windows 10 Creators Update [​IMG]

I will gladly post anything more that you need. Be sure to give details on what you need to see. Thanks.

PS There's a guy below with the exact problem I have: "2 seconds sound delay. Power saving?". I'm gonna check his replies.

dangnad2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound delay Windows 10 Creators Update - Similar Threads - Sound delay Creators

2. Windows notification sound is delayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows notification sound is delayed: Whenever windows plays a notification sound, it's delayed, by up to 2 seconds. This is extremely annoying.Steps I already tried:Verified that all drivers are up to dateReinstalled WindowsVerified there are no Windows Updates left to be installedWhat works is the following:Go...
  3. Windows notification sound is delayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows notification sound is delayed: Whenever windows plays a notification sound, it's delayed, by up to 2 seconds. This is extremely annoying.Steps I already tried:Verified that all drivers are up to dateReinstalled WindowsVerified there are no Windows Updates left to be installedWhat works is the following:Go...
  4. Sound delays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound delays: When I sue the microphone included with a webcam there is a delay of about a second before the sound is recognised. This applies both in settings - sound - microphone the blue bar reacts a second later and using the camera app looking at recordings the sound is a second...
  5. Sound delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound delay: Hello, recently I started to have a problem with sound delay/lag on internet browser when I am watching videos. It happens on across all platforms from Youtube to Netflix and on both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome. The problem is that after starting some video everything...
  6. regular recurring buzzing sound after windows 10 update to creators update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    regular recurring buzzing sound after windows 10 update to creators update: I have a Dell E6400 which ran very well on win 10 until windows update (to creators update) forced me to update. Since then I have a regular buzzing sound that keeps on popping every 10 seconds. Before the update, I checked that my IDT High Definition CODEC driver was version...
  7. Fall Creator's Update and Sound

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creator's Update and Sound: I finally got the 1709 Fall Creator's Update on my Dell Optiplex 330. At first, I thought it was flawless, but then realized that my "Line In" sound wasn't working, which I use on a regular basis, even though no errors were being shown in Device Manager. Not wanting to...
  8. Windows 10 creator update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 creator update: I still do not get this update, is it normal? 84821
  9. Windows 10 Creator’s Update – No Video, No Sound

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Creator’s Update – No Video, No Sound: I am using an Intel DZ68DB motherboard with an i7-2600K CPU. I had been using Windows 10 Version 1511 with my system running stable and with no issues. Microsoft just ‘sent’ me the Creator’s Update, which is Windows 10 Version 1703. Now, my computer will no longer play...
  10. Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Creators Update and Creators Update SDK are Released: This is a big day! Today we opened access to download the Windows 10 Creators Update and, along with it, the Creators Update SDK. And today is a great day for all Windows developers to get the SDK and start building amazing apps that take advantage of new platform...