Windows 10: Sound does not work after latest win 10 update

Discus and support Sound does not work after latest win 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My sound system worked fine until a few days ago when Microsoft did a mandatory update in the middle of the night. Videos have no sound My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by docweathers, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Sound does not work after latest win 10 update

My sound system worked fine until a few days ago when Microsoft did a mandatory update in the middle of the night.

Videos have no sound

My laptop does not play any of the usual notification sounds... like plugging in a USB device, startup etc.

If I use the Dell audio option it will play test sounds through my speakers. However if I go to the Windows sound settings and try to test one of the notification sounds, there is no sound,.

:)

docweathers, Sep 25, 2016
  2. rmandanal Win User

No sound from my laptop after latest Win 10 update

After the latest Win 10 update, no sound coming from my laptop, also, Cortana and Edge not working..

rmandanal, Sep 25, 2016
  3. Audio isn't working after Windows 10 Update

realtek sound not working after latest win 10 update 12/12/15. rollback driver wont work ( wont highlight)

constant sound issues after updates but managed to rollback sound driver, but not working this time after latest update

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0663&SUBSYS_10431B73&REV_1000

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0663&SUBSYS_10431B73

davidwraight, Sep 25, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound does not work after latest win 10 update

First thing to do is go to the Sound panel and verify that "Speakers" are set as default audio playback device. If that is OK, "refresh" the sound by going to the Device manager, uninstall the sound (e.g. Realtek or whatever you have as sound hardware) DO NOT uninstall the drivers, then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound.

If this does not fix it, we need to know what brand/model laptop you have.

fireberd, Sep 26, 2016
  5. Thank you. Uninstalling realtech and letting Windows reconnected worked great.

I notice you're in Nashville. I got my doctorate from Vanderbilt 46 years ago. I'm sure has changed immensely since I was there

docweathers, Sep 26, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    Glad I could help.

I'm not in Nashville, I'm a "Florida Retiree". I belong to "R.O.P.E" (Reunion Of Professional Entertainers) which is Nashville based. I did live in Nashvile for a little over a year, in the early 70's, and worked at Little Roy Wiggin's "Music City" music store on Lower Broadway (across the street from Tootsie's Orchid Lounge.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sound does not work after latest win 10 update

1. Sound does not work after latest win 10 update - Similar Threads - Sound does latest

2. Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update: Yesterday, Windows Update wanted to update my computer and I allowed it to update and restart but it killed my taskbar. The taskbar was there but there were no start, search, or other icons displayed. I could basically not access anything except from desktop icons. I used...
  3. Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update: Yesterday, Windows Update wanted to update my computer and I allowed it to update and restart but it killed my taskbar. The taskbar was there but there were no start, search, or other icons displayed. I could basically not access anything except from desktop icons. I used...
  4. WiFi does not work after the win 10 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi does not work after the win 10 update: My wifi will work for 1 minute to 10 minutes, but usually 2 to 3 before it disconnects. It is NOT the wifi itself, since other computers connect without problems. I am without solutions. Internet works with an Ethernet cable without problems. HELP....
  5. Creative Audiogy 2 ZS Sound Blaster Not Working After Latest Win 10 Update!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creative Audiogy 2 ZS Sound Blaster Not Working After Latest Win 10 Update!: Hi Guys My Creative Audiogy 2 ZS Sound Blaster is not working after I updated my win 10! also the motherboard built in sound output is not working! I have done the following: 1- Downloaded the latest sound card driver = did't work! 2- Downloaded the latest motherboard...
  6. Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update: After downloading the latest Windows Cumulative Update as of 10/11/2018 (October 10, 2018), my speaker suddenly doesn't work anymore. The volume up, volume down, and mute buttons on the laptop have stopped working. I tried plugging in headphones and earphones to check if the...
  7. No sound after latest update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after latest update.: Hello Microsoft Community, Recently, I have updated my laptop, an HP Notebook PC 15-bs033cl, and have experienced a severe issue with my machine. After the update, I did not lose any files (thank goodness), but did lose my sound completely. On the taskbar the volume icon...
  8. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  9. No sound after latest Windows 10 update

No sound after latest Windows 10 update: First off, my sound was working flawlessly, but then the latest Windows 10 update installed and now I don't have any sound from Twitch, YouTube in Edge or Chrome or any video files via a media player. However, I can hear windows sound alerts. So, only the OS sounds are...
  10. No sound, USB ports not working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound, USB ports not working after latest updates: Hello there, people of teh internetz, I'm looking for some help getting my laptop to work normally, after the latest windows updates. Problems - There is no sound. The troubleshooter can't fix the problem. I can hear quiet, random crackling sounds with headphones...