Windows 10: Sound Driver lost after each reboot.

Discus and support Sound Driver lost after each reboot. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there. Since upgrading to win 10, I am having problems with sound not being permanent. Don't quite know how to approach it. This is VIA HD audio on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gallicbear, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Sound Driver lost after each reboot.

Hi there. Since upgrading to win 10, I am having problems with sound not being permanent. Don't quite know how to approach it. This is VIA HD audio on an ECS motherboard. The icon on the taskbar shows that sound is on, and at 75%. But when I test it, there is no sound coming through the speakers. So I uninstall the driver, I scan for hardware changes; it reinstalls itself. Then I check the configuration, it's set to headphones as default. I change it to speakers, test the sound, and it works. Now when I restart my system for some reason, the sound is gone again, and I need to go through the same routine. I have downloaded the specific driver for VIA HD (they only have a driver for Win 8), installed it, and it doesn't work at reboot.
    Anyone has a suggestion or tip to make my driver more permanent, so that it's not lost at reboot? I'd appreciate it.

:)

gallicbear, Aug 18, 2015

2. When I log in Windows 10, I lose left speaker sound

Greetings everyone,

Something strange has been happening to my Windows 10 tablet. It's an Asus Vivotab Note 8. It originally came with Windows 8.1 but also supports Windows 10. After the upgrade, everything worked normally. To be precise, I bought the tablet and upgraded about
    a month ago.

The past week or so, I noticed a sound problem. One of my speakers wasn't working. My first thought was hardware failure, but I had to check for sure. Below I have the steps I took:

• Uninstalled both Realtek Codecs and Intel sound driver
    • Reboot
    • Download NFO chipset drivers from Asus
    • Download Realtek drivers
    • Install ONLY audio drivers from Asus NFO folders
    • Install Realtek drivers (applies the Realtek codecs)
    • Reboot
    • Test - Success, sound is heard correctly
    • Reboot - Failure, sound is lost from the same speaker
    • Repeat the entire process, same results each time
    Then I placed the sound volume on maximum, rebooted and noticed the following:

• As I am logging in (typing password) sound is heard from BOTH speakers
    • When I move past the login screen, I lose sound from the one speaker
    • The above has been happening with no exceptions
    My only installed and running programs are Norton 360, Onedrive and Onenote from my Office subscription.

Any ideas?

VassilisKGR, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Lost sound from some speakers after upgrading to Windows 10

After I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I lost sound from all but the front speakers in a 5.1 surround sound system. I upgraded the Realtek GBE Family driver and configured it so all the speakers are active, but still only the front ones have sound
    coming from them. In the configuration process, it allows me to test each speaker to see if sound is coming out, and all the speakers produce sound when they are tested.

Gene Forrest, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Sound Driver lost after each reboot.

I am having the same issue only its on a sound blaster x-fi titanium pci express sound card. Can anyone help us here?

Matt Siegel, Aug 19, 2015
  5. Here is some additional information, which I found in the vents of the Audio Install. It says this every time I reinstall. How can I tell what exactly needs further installation?
    Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_4397&SUBSYS_10197B97&REV_1000\4&3354aa19&0&0001 requires further installation.

gallicbear, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sound Driver lost after each reboot.

1. Sound Driver lost after each reboot. - Similar Threads - Sound Driver lost

2. Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers: My speakers/sound stopped working after a large Windows download recently. I have an HP Pavilion Elite Model HPC 410t which HP says is retired. There are no drivers on the HP support site . The message on the devices page states tha the AMD HDMI Output AMD High Def Audio...
  3. Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Lost after Windows Update -missing drivers: My speakers/sound stopped working after a large Windows download recently. I have an HP Pavilion Elite Model HPC 410t which HP says is retired. There are no drivers on the HP support site . The message on the devices page states tha the AMD HDMI Output AMD High Def Audio...
  4. Reinstall windows after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall windows after each reboot.: I recently built my first pc and installed windows 10 from a flash drive. I purchased a key for it. Now, every time I turn my computer off and then on again it makes me reinstall windows. I have tried changing the boot options on the bios screen. I have tried every different...
  5. Reinstall windows after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows after each reboot.: I recently built my first pc and installed windows 10 from a flash drive. I purchased a key for it. Now, every time I turn my computer off and then on again it makes me reinstall windows. I have tried changing the boot options on the bios screen. I have tried every different...
  6. Reinstall windows after each reboot.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sound trouble : Need to reconfigure/test it after each reboot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound trouble : Need to reconfigure/test it after each reboot: Title say it. After each reboot/shutdown i need to go to the sound panel, configuration and test and then everything work good submitted by /u/Membership89 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mgip4s/sound_trouble_need_to_reconfiguretest_it_after/
  8. Lost sound driver after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost sound driver after update: This happens every time there is an update. I cannot recall how I fixed it before. Already tried going to Device Manager and trying to update the driver. Only one shows there and cannot fix it. This i why I HATE these updates....
  9. USB joystick drivers lost after every reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB joystick drivers lost after every reboot: my usb joystick drivers are lost every time i reboot my pc . this problem occurred after recent cumulative updates. windows 10 pro. please help me if you see that ***Modified title from: about windws update and usb joystick drivers loss ***...
  10. Constantly reinstalling sound drivers after reboots

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Constantly reinstalling sound drivers after reboots: After I installed the Win 10 Pro 64bit Fall CU, every time I reboot the system, for updates or whatever, I have to reinstall my Sound Blaster drivers. The reason I know this is because I lose my 5.1 surround sound (everything comes out my front speakers) and nothing brings it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdaudio\func_01&ven_1106&dev_4397&subsys_10197b97&rev_1000\4&3354aa19&0&0001