Windows 10: sound echo

Discus and support sound echo in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my laptop is replaying every sound around it as an echo, even with no mics or headphones attached, I tried and disabled my laptop mice and it stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ali Al-faylee, Aug 19, 2018.

1. sound echo

my laptop is replaying every sound around it as an echo, even with no mics or headphones attached, I tried and disabled my laptop mice and it stopped the echo , then I tried to disable speakers, and that stopped the echo too, but I need them both to work, what to do?
    I have updated too , I think XD

:)

Ali Al-faylee, Aug 19, 2018

2. Echo sound effect since last update.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Audio Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method 2: Sound problems can be caused by cables that aren't connected properly, damaged drivers, incompatible drivers, sound settings, missing updates, and problems with your
    sound card.

I request you to follow the below steps:

Step 1:
    Uninstall the Sound card Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on “Device Manager” from that list.
    • Search for the Sound driver from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.
    • After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Sound Card manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the Sound Card model and then install it by following
    the instructions given in the website.

Step 3:

Test the sound from Control Panel.

1. Here’s how: Right-click on sound icon in the taskbar and select Recording Devices“”.

2. Select “Playback”.

3. Go to “Configure” Tab and click on Test. Is there any echo?

I also request you to follow the below article:

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Aug 19, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound echo :p

cadaveca, Aug 19, 2018
  4. sound echo

Windows 10 Sound is Echoing?!

Hi Savannah,

• What is the make and model of your Computer?
    • Are you using any external audio devices?

This issue could have happened due to any corrupted or outdated drivers.

As an initial step, let's Install all the pending updates on your computer and check if the issue still persist; Follow the below steps to check for pending updates.

• Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.

• Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.
    • Press Windows key+ I to open the
      Settings.

If the issue still persist, I suggest you to refer to the below link and try all the troubleshooting steps provided.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...67a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the issue will get resolved.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

sound echo

1. sound echo - Similar Threads - sound echo

2. Echo sound not good when paired with my new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Echo sound not good when paired with my new computer: My Lenovo P360 ultra thinkstation finally connected to my Echo device but not smooth playback so unusable. Microsoft support had the operating system refreshed saying it would solve the problem. It did nothing and they have ignored me since. Lenovo said not their problem in...
  3. Echo sound not good when paired with my new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Echo sound not good when paired with my new computer: My Lenovo P360 ultra thinkstation finally connected to my Echo device but not smooth playback so unusable. Microsoft support had the operating system refreshed saying it would solve the problem. It did nothing and they have ignored me since. Lenovo said not their problem in...
  4. Window Spatial Sound "Off" but still hearing an echo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window Spatial Sound "Off" but still hearing an echo: I'm using very low-tech headphones Grado SR80 so they don't have any buttons or knobs to fiddle with. Every time I try to use them for my language learning app, I hear an annoying echo like the audio is being played in a huge room. It's clearly coming from something Windows...
  5. Window Spatial Sound "Off" but still hearing an echo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window Spatial Sound "Off" but still hearing an echo: I'm using very low-tech headphones Grado SR80 so they don't have any buttons or knobs to fiddle with. Every time I try to use them for my language learning app, I hear an annoying echo like the audio is being played in a huge room. It's clearly coming from something Windows...
  6. Window Spatial Sound "Off" but still hearing an echo

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Mic echoing sound, yet not registered with PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic echoing sound, yet not registered with PC: I have had a problem with my computer for the past week now, where sound is being reflected though my output audio into my input. It is not an issue with my headset; I muted my headset, and even bought a new one, yet the problem persisted. I have tried uninstalling and...
  8. bluetooth echo device connected but no sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bluetooth echo device connected but no sound: I have removed and paired my Alexa Echo device and it shows connected but I get no sound to that device. Only the pc sound is actually there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-echo-device-connected-but-no-sound/ff8b3a84-6783-4c5f-aa27-3a93cc8743c6
  9. Sound Issue on Laptop - Can't Connect to a USB Headset or Amazon Echo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Issue on Laptop - Can't Connect to a USB Headset or Amazon Echo: A lot of writing but I wanted to go into detail. SO. I've had this issue for a few days now. I first noticed when I turned my Bluetooth on to connect to my Amazon Echo never had issues before now but it wouldn't connect, the video I was watching on YouTube kept freezing and...
  10. Xbox party chat on windows 10 hearing echo and pc sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox party chat on windows 10 hearing echo and pc sounds: My friend has a new pc and anytime he joins out Xbox party chat we all hear an echo and anything he does on screen. So any videos he watches or any games he plays. This only happens on Xbox party chat, Discord works fine and game chats work fine. We have tried changing up his...