Windows 10: Sound for incoming emails

Discus and support Sound for incoming emails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've added my Gmail account into built in email application and wondering if there is a possibility to choose and get an immediately sound notification... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bl00keRs, Mar 10, 2016.

1. bl00keRs Win User

Sound for incoming emails

I've added my Gmail account into built in email application and wondering if there is a possibility to choose and get an immediately sound notification for every incoming email like on my Android phone? The only thing I can see is my name and number of new messages in Start menu and new messages in a line in Action Center, but no sounds notifications.

:)

bl00keRs, Mar 10, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Ok ,to put it a different way, email alerts..a sound you hear when an email arrives.I wanted to know how i can get them with WINDOWS 10 ?

It depends on what email client or service you're using. You can start at Settings > System > Notifications

JimWynne, Mar 10, 2016
  3. JimWynne Win User

What does "...sound for incoming emails..." mean?

JimWynne, Mar 10, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

I assume you mean " built in email application " as in the Mail app. Yes ?
    If so, try this...............
    Open your Mail app > left side, at the bottom, click the gear icon

Sound for incoming emails [​IMG]

Right side, click Notifications > check the box " Apply to all accounts > check the box " Play a sound"

Sound for incoming emails [​IMG]

See if you want to check the other boxes too.

davidhk, Mar 10, 2016
  5. bl00keRs Win User
    Yes, I meant the Mail app. Actually, it works but only when "show a notification banner" is checked also. Hmmm

bl00keRs, Mar 10, 2016
  6. davidhk Win User
    Interesting.
    Well, guess you will need to keep that one checked too.

If no more question, please mark your thread as Solved.
    Thank you.

davidhk, Mar 10, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound for incoming emails - Similar Threads - Sound incoming emails

2. Incoming emails with media player attachments will not open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incoming emails with media player attachments will not open: incoming emails with media player attachments will not open * Moved from Community Center* Original title: inbox mail with attachments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incoming-emails-with-media-player-attachments-will/5a3ac35a-7a79-4a45-bb0b-de8ec59d1093
  3. Incoming emails with media player attachments will not open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incoming emails with media player attachments will not open: incoming emails with media player attachments will not open * Moved from Community Center* Original title: inbox mail with attachments https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incoming-emails-with-media-player-attachments-will/5a3ac35a-7a79-4a45-bb0b-de8ec59d1093
  4. Why my incoming email in the app looks like this?

Why my incoming email in the app looks like this?: I tried delete, reset, uninstall the mail app in outlook, When I re-download it again, still looks scramble, but only in certain incoming mails. mostly from banks or no-reply mails! Pls Help!Example email: Received: from 10.197.40.73 by atlas321.free.mail.bf1.yahoo.com with...
  5. Incoming Emails stopped

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Incoming Emails stopped: Anyone had this issue? I can send emails from my hotmail account but all incoming email messages have just stopped, had security issues a few days ago and updated my password, since then nothing....
  6. incoming email interupts progams

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    incoming email interupts progams: if I am in a game or program, windows 10 incoming email interrupts what I am doing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incoming-email-interupts-progams/b360928b-68cb-455b-a593-2a6fdcfc264d
  7. Can't get incoming emails in outlook (Comcast)

Can't get incoming emails in outlook (Comcast): I have comcast. I have windows 10. I can't get in coming emails. What do I need to do to fix this? * Moved from IE10/Win 8 * Original title: In coming emails in outlook....
  8. not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    not receiving incoming email in the Windows Mail: Mail is sending out mail but not receiving any mail, any ideas welcome https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/not-receiving-incoming-email-in-the-windows-mail/6939a04c-ef0b-4348-adf9-7c2c6bc5ae41
  9. Sound for incoming emails

in Browsers and Email
    Sound for incoming emails: Hello Forum, I would like to disable all Windows 10 system sounds except for the sound for incoming emails in Mail. I tried to do this but failed. I went to Settings - Personalization - Themes - Advanced sound settings, changed the Sound Theme to No Sounds and then changed...
  10. Outlook 2016 Incoming Email Message Header Layout

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 Incoming Email Message Header Layout: I would like to modify the header part of received mails in Outlook 2016, i.e. the bit above the actual message which details sender, recipient, subject, date, etc. I presume it can be done by editing something like a template, but I can't find how to do it. Plenty of...