Windows 10: Sound gone weird after 10 update

Discus and support Sound gone weird after 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My sound on my laptop has gone weak and lacks base after latest update. Volume is maxed out but useless. 86113 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ding dong, Jun 4, 2017.

1. ding dong Win User

Sound gone weird after 10 update

My sound on my laptop has gone weak and lacks base after latest update. Volume is maxed out but useless.

:)

ding dong, Jun 4, 2017
  2. Ri-G Win User

How to disable Auto playback device detection. or lock it to my optical out ?

Windows is making a garbage at time from settings with there Plug and Pray. That term is never been so correct as with windows 10.

Just started my system, it already started with the main screen. weird stripes. and black screen.

First turned the other screen on. nothing. So the main screen off and on fixed that,

After that spontanic my audio device where changed to the wrong one again.

ADD: Hmm, whole sound is gone. Need a restart and hope that fix it.

Creator update is the worse windows 10 so far.

Ri-G, Jun 4, 2017
  3. Sound Playback on Windows 10

My sound playback has gone after installing windows 10 updates on my PC device.

KimborllayeLyncaster, Jun 4, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Perform the following steps:

1) open device manger and view:
    a) audio inputs and outputs
    b) sound video and game controllers

Look for any yellow icons with exclamation marks. If none found proceed to the next steps.

Open the HP.com web site. Then open software and drivers.
    Then open the HP support assistant on your computer and view the serial and product numbers.
    Enter the serial or product number onto the HP drivers web site.
    Then select your operating system.
    Look at all of the drivers for your computers configuration and operating system.
    See if you can find this CODEC:
    IDT High definition Audio CODEC
    If you do not see it with windows 10, look for it with windows 8.1 or 7.
    Download and install this CODEC and then reboot.
    Let us know the outcome.

zbook, Jun 4, 2017
  5. ding dong Win User
    Where is HP support assistant?

ding dong, Jun 4, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    If you know how to view your HP envy serial number or product number then you do not need the HP support assistant. Many people have it already installed to get information on HP updates.
    On HP business computers clicking the function + escape keys simultaneously opens a pop up with this information. The Envy is not a HP business computer so you may need to turn your laptop upside down to view the numbers.
    It's important that you have the serial or product number to make sure you get the best drivers for your computers configuration and operating system.
    In case you cannot find the CODEC for windows 10 make sure you change the operating system to 8.1 or 7 to get the codec.

Somehow HP computers that had this CODEC lost it on the upgrade. Reinstalling the CODEC made orange mute and F* keys change back to white and restored the sound.

When you view the drivers/applications for the computer you may also see the HP support assistant. You can download it and see what it has to offer.

zbook, Jun 5, 2017
  7. ding dong Win User
    Found HP support assistant......went in and it had audio drivers needing updating........thanks....will se if this helps

ding dong, Jun 5, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

Also download and install the latest HP UEFI diagnostics.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics | HP® Official Site

Then boot and repetitively click either the F10 or the F2 key and navigate to the UEFI diagnostics.
    Overnight run the extensive or loop until failure tests on your computer.
    In the morning also run the audio component test. It is interactive.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound gone weird after 10 update - Similar Threads - Sound gone weird

2. Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update: Yesterday, I got the KB5006741 22000.282 Optional Quality Update for Windows 11 Stable Release. After updating, my audio quality was significantly low, and the volume was distorted Randomly going up and down. When I turned off 'Enable Audio Enhancements' in Sound Control...
  3. Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Sounds weird and distorted after Windows Update: Yesterday, I got the KB5006741 22000.282 Optional Quality Update for Windows 11 Stable Release. After updating, my audio quality was significantly low, and the volume was distorted Randomly going up and down. When I turned off 'Enable Audio Enhancements' in Sound Control...
  4. Laptop's Fans sound weird after new update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop's Fans sound weird after new update: I just updated to version 2004 on Sunday and everything was going well until I had to restart my laptop to install an update for 2004. Now when using it, my Laptop's fans (I have an Alienware 17 R4 if it helps) Is making a weird noise. Normally when I am not playing any game,...
  5. Sound Gone After Windows Reset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound Gone After Windows Reset: I reset windows 10 (build 18362) installation on an old computer with Asus M5A78L-M LX motherboard. The files were kept, but all programs removed. After the reset the sound is not working. Without the manufacturer driver the speakers remain in unplugged state even when they...
  6. Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update

Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update: Windows sound is breaking everytime I load a new game to play, I get an X on my sound and it like sends lag throughout my pc. Please some help today would be awesome![ATTACH]...
  7. Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update of Feb 29th

Sound devices gone after Windows 10 Update of Feb 29th: After the automatic update of Feb 29th, yesterday the computer does not locate any sound devices. I no longer have speaker or microphone access. Any one else? How to fix?...
  8. Sound gone entirely after update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound gone entirely after update.: After the latest update my sound is completely gone. Microphone and sound both. It seems to be drivers issue because I can see the drivers installed but applications do not recognize any devices. I tried all suggestions from google and reddit, anyone experiencing the same...
  9. Weird sound glitch after recent update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird sound glitch after recent update: So after the recent windows 10 update when i play a game any sound that is behind me gets very quiet. I know for a fact that its because of the update because when i reverted the update/did a system restore it was back to normal and when the update was installed after i shut...
  10. sound gone after update windows 10

sound gone after update windows 10: [ATTACH] sound is not working after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-gone-after-update-windows-10/7a57bf7f-6081-4ca7-a155-fddb39595927