Windows 10: Sound icon doesn't work after creator update.

Discus and support Sound icon doesn't work after creator update. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Nothing happens when I left click on the sound icon following the creator update. Right click gives a working menu. How can I get the left click volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by woldsweather, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Sound icon doesn't work after creator update.

Nothing happens when I left click on the sound icon following the creator update. Right click gives a working menu. How can I get the left click volume control back?

:)

woldsweather, Apr 15, 2017

2. Sound icon doesnt work after creator update

Hello,

This issue can be caused by interruptions or corruptions while Windows is updating. We suggest to run the Windows

Update troubleshooter at this
    link
    to resolve the issue. You can also check this
    article
    created by Andre Da Costa, one of Microsoft's MVP. This will provide you detailed information on how to perform a repair using the Windows 10 ISO file.

Let us know if you have further concerns.

Jennifer Bri, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Sound icon doesnt work after creator update

Left clicking produces nothing. Right clicking produces the 6 options I would expect including mixer volumes. Also a link to an elevated command screen doesn't work any more. How can I get rid of it? Nothing on right clicking.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TheMaverick1953, Apr 15, 2017
Thema:

Sound icon doesn't work after creator update.

1. Sound icon doesn't work after creator update. - Similar Threads - Sound icon doesn't

2. Sound icon on taskbar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound icon on taskbar doesn't work: [ATTACH] This happens very often and I'm not too sure why, but it doesn't let me click the small sound icon in the bottom right of the taskbar. When I click on it or right click on it, nothing happens and if I want to change my sound levels I have to go into settings,...
  3. Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound doesn't work after latest Windows Update: After downloading the latest Windows Cumulative Update as of 10/11/2018 (October 10, 2018), my speaker suddenly doesn't work anymore. The volume up, volume down, and mute buttons on the laptop have stopped working. I tried plugging in headphones and earphones to check if the...
  4. Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons alignment bug after Creators Update: Since Creators Update installation, I've this bug with Windows 10.When I drag icons on the left side of the screen, sometimes, icons don't move.It happens mostly when the area is "flooded" with icons. When it's pretty empty, seems to work fine.And, sometimes, icon position...
  5. ICON text size etc after Creator update

in Windows 10 Customization
    ICON text size etc after Creator update: How to I change various text sizes and make bold in the new update? Used to be in Display Prop. but I can not find it now. 81895
  6. Edge not working after Creators Update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge not working after Creators Update: Microsoft Edge launches to a blank screen, hangs for a few moments then shuts off. This has happened since the Creators so called Update. It worked perfectly until then. Can anything be done or should I use Opera instead? 94926
  7. Fall Creator's Update and Sound

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Fall Creator's Update and Sound: I finally got the 1709 Fall Creator's Update on my Dell Optiplex 330. At first, I thought it was flawless, but then realized that my "Line In" sound wasn't working, which I use on a regular basis, even though no errors were being shown in Device Manager. Not wanting to...
  8. Simple Dnscrypt not working after Creator update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Simple Dnscrypt not working after Creator update: I usually use SDcrypt to bypass blocked site and even game. Its just working fine before, but right after i installed Creator update. SDcrypt no longer working. Any solution ? Thanks in advance 83042
  9. W10 icons broken after Creators update

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 icons broken after Creators update: I did the Creators update to W10 today, but now the icons on the desktop are goofed up – they cannot be positioned near the edges, and if you try to move them there, they jump into the screen instead about 2”. And on the bottom, they can’t be placed more than about ¼” from...
  10. Desktop icons misbehaving after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons misbehaving after Creators Update: The Creators Update (and newer Insider Previews) totally messed up the desktop behavior. Hope someone can give me some clues on how to fix this issue. Am I the only one with this? I made some illustrations to make it easier to understand: http://imgur.com/njXo6UX Imgur...