Windows 10: Sound issues

Discus and support Sound issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; OK - 2 sound issues - the sound icon at lower right no longer functions on left-click, only right-click. I can change the sound via keyboard slider,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Homer Simpson, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Sound issues

OK - 2 sound issues - the sound icon at lower right no longer functions on left-click, only right-click. I can change the sound via keyboard slider, but this doesn't actually alter the volume. I have noticed the mouse does change the apparent volume (on screen, not actual volume, but only when hovering over the on-screen slider). Why sound would work for one song, then not work for the next song I don't know.

When I go into playback properties and try to "test speaker" it says it's in use by another application, but there is no application using it. Task Manager doesn't show any likely programs and there's no sound playing. I quit Windows Media Player and all that's open is chrome and some windows

I'm seriously getting pissed of by this new Windows. It's like they deliberately removed functionality, or they added new stuff which ****ed things up. How can MS programmers be so bad?

:)

Homer Simpson, Dec 30, 2015

2. Sound Issues

On my HTC, when I dial Voice Mail or an outside number, the calls connects (rings on the other phone), but I have no sound and cannot hear or talk?

FrankAlfone, Dec 30, 2015
  3. Sound Issues

Went back into the system with the directions that were given in this answer. Got the previous version back and my sound is working like it was and should. Might want to check that creators upgrade to see about it. Had problems with the sound when it was
    updated and now went back to previous version and it is working fine. Please let me know if and when I can get the upgrade with no problems that is and if I need the upgrade at this time.

JuniorJohnsonRK, Dec 30, 2015
Thema:

Sound issues

1. Sound issues - Similar Threads - Sound issues

2. Sound Driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  3. Sound Driver issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound Driver issue: Sometimes my sound driver gets an error and I need to restart my pc to fix that issue. Is there any way to prevent this from happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-driver-issue/7fa33b86-24a7-415e-bf33-3d6c39f4753c
  4. What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...: I am trying to pair a Midi Maestro pedal to control video in youtube and other apps on a Win 10 machine. It has been achieved as per the following forum post:Using Midi Maestro To Wirelessly Control YouTube/Video on PC - Midi Maestro / Docs and Downloads - Singular Sound...
  5. What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...

What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...: I am trying to pair a Midi Maestro pedal to control video in youtube and other apps on a Win 10 machine. It has been achieved as per the following forum post:Using Midi Maestro To Wirelessly Control YouTube/Video on PC - Midi Maestro / Docs and Downloads - Singular Sound...
  6. What is needed to correct Bluetooth pairing issue between Win10 and Singular Sound Midi...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Sound issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound issue?: Hi everyone, I have an All in One HP PC which runs Windows 11.I restored the PC back to factory settings a month ago. I’ve been having an issue with Windows start up sound not playing properly - it works fine and then stops the next time. I’ve run DISM and everything comes...
  8. Sound issue?

Sound issue?: Hi everyone, I have an All in One HP PC which runs Windows 11.I restored the PC back to factory settings a month ago. I’ve been having an issue with Windows start up sound not playing properly - it works fine and then stops the next time. I’ve run DISM and everything comes...
  9. Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues: First thing is when I try to connect my airpods pro 2nd generation it won't work and I have to remove the device from settings and then add them back again. That processes solves the connectivity issues and everything seems fine until after about 5 seconds the disconnect...
  10. Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues

Airpods connected but no sound? Also connectivity issues: First thing is when I try to connect my airpods pro 2nd generation it won't work and I have to remove the device from settings and then add them back again. That processes solves the connectivity issues and everything seems fine until after about 5 seconds the disconnect...