Windows 10: Sound keeps being lost on my computer.

Discus and support Sound keeps being lost on my computer. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The system keeps defaulting to an HP 2009 Intel Display Audio Driver. When I go to the speaker icon at the bottom of the screen I see 15 instances of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MikePatterson1, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Sound keeps being lost on my computer.

The system keeps defaulting to an HP 2009 Intel Display Audio Driver. When I go to the speaker icon at the bottom of the screen I see 15 instances of that one, and one of a Realtek High-Definition driver, which is the only one that works. How to I prevent the system from "knowing better" and switching back?

:)

MikePatterson1, Jul 14, 2018
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound keeps being lost on my computer. :p

cadaveca, Jul 14, 2018
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Sound keeps being lost on my computer.

Lost sound after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi Richard,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10. Sorry to know that you’re facing this issue. I will be glad to assist you. I suggest you to follow few methods given below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:
    I suggest you to try updating the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Method 3:
    Uninstall and reinstall the Sound driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Sound drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound, Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Audio devices listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to delete driver software.
    Restart the computer after its uninstalled. Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and sound drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Sound keeps being lost on my computer.

1. Sound keeps being lost on my computer. - Similar Threads - Sound keeps being

2. My computer keeps on playing weird sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps on playing weird sounds: I keep on hearing things randomly from my Computer, but this time I heard "Recording has started" or "Recording Started". I don't know if I've misclicked but I'm especially concerned. Could anyone help me on this?...
  3. My computer keeps on playing weird sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps on playing weird sounds: I keep on hearing things randomly from my Computer, but this time I heard "Recording has started" or "Recording Started". I don't know if I've misclicked but I'm especially concerned. Could anyone help me on this?...
  4. My computer keeps on playing weird sounds

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. The sound keeps going out on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The sound keeps going out on my computer: I don't know when it started, but for the last month or so, the sound on my computer keeps cutting out intermittently when I'm streaming videos or playing video games. Then cuts out entirely, forcing me to reboot my PC. But I know that it isn't my headphones or my internet...
  6. The sound keeps going out on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sound keeps going out on my computer: I don't know when it started, but for the last month or so, the sound on my computer keeps cutting out intermittently when I'm streaming videos or playing video games. Then cuts out entirely, forcing me to reboot my PC. But I know that it isn't my headphones or my internet...
  7. The sound keeps going out on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My pc lost sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My pc lost sound.: My windows 10 pc lost sound. It appears that the network management stops loading the sound drivers. I deleted the drivers, hoping rebooting will help loading updated sound drivers, but there is no result. Now I don't have sound drivers intel and realtech?...
  9. my computer haven't got sound, it immediately lost sound.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my computer haven't got sound, it immediately lost sound.: my computer havent got sound...please help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-havent-got-sound-it-immediately-lost/118d908a-51db-4847-ac41-36ce4fcf8948
  10. computer lost sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer lost sound: computer lost sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-lost-sound/8064249b-7323-4267-8993-ea9db8809e65