Windows 10: sound levels

Discus and support sound levels in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using Windows 8 for four years with great sound. We changed to Windows 10 recently and since then the sound levels are pathetic, really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BridgetMcColville, Jul 17, 2018.

1. sound levels

I have been using Windows 8 for four years with great sound. We changed to Windows 10 recently and since then the sound levels are pathetic, really low. Both on headphones and without them.

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop.

Anyone have some input?

Thanks, biddy mccolville.

:)

BridgetMcColville, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Is there a way to always start the computer at the same sounds level

Hi Lasse,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

• Right click on the Sound icon on the Taskbar.
    • Click on Sound and Select Playback tab.
    • Right Click on Speakers and Select
      Properties.
    • Click on Levels tab and adjust the sound level as per your requirement and click
      OK.
    • Restart your computer and check if the sound level remains same.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Jul 17, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound levels :p

cadaveca, Jul 17, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

sound levels

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

sound levels

1. sound levels - Similar Threads - sound levels

2. discord sets sound level to 67% after boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    discord sets sound level to 67% after boot up: hello i got in a problem that each time i start my laptop and discord boot up i sets whole computer sound to 67 no matter where it was originally. i had turned off exclusive mode both on my laptop speakers and headphones and on Steam sound devices and on my second monitor ....
  3. discord sets sound level to 67% after boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    discord sets sound level to 67% after boot up: hello i got in a problem that each time i start my laptop and discord boot up i sets whole computer sound to 67 no matter where it was originally. i had turned off exclusive mode both on my laptop speakers and headphones and on Steam sound devices and on my second monitor ....
  4. discord sets sound level to 67% after boot up

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. sound level on the sound system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sound level on the sound system: The system sound on my laptop cannot be changed directly, if the sound is made to zero then the sound is off, and if louder has same sound level . sound must customized from settings of the running application....
  6. sound level on the sound system

sound level on the sound system: The system sound on my laptop cannot be changed directly, if the sound is made to zero then the sound is off, and if louder has same sound level . sound must customized from settings of the running application....
  7. whenever i try to make one of my earbuds louder windows 11 makes the other ones sound level...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whenever i try to make one of my earbuds louder windows 11 makes the other ones sound level...: whenever i try to make one of my earbuds louder windows 11 makes the other ones sound level the same it automatically balances what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-make-one-of-my-earbuds-louder/0cfa76f2-2d75-46d8-bad1-442b64bd9225
  8. whenever i try to make one of my earbuds louder windows 11 makes the other ones sound level...

whenever i try to make one of my earbuds louder windows 11 makes the other ones sound level...: whenever i try to make one of my earbuds louder windows 11 makes the other ones sound level the same it automatically balances what to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-try-to-make-one-of-my-earbuds-louder/0cfa76f2-2d75-46d8-bad1-442b64bd9225
  9. System sounds level constantly returns to the value of 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds level constantly returns to the value of 100%: Hello.I' don't like loud system sounds. so I put their level to 25% while the overall volume is way much higher.Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/h6yDU4jixWuQBut sometimes maybe per 1-2 days the system sounds level revert to 100% and I need to lower it again and again. I don't like...
  10. System sounds level constantly returns to the value of 100%

System sounds level constantly returns to the value of 100%: Hello.I' don't like loud system sounds. so I put their level to 25% while the overall volume is way much higher.Screenshot: https://prnt.sc/h6yDU4jixWuQBut sometimes maybe per 1-2 days the system sounds level revert to 100% and I need to lower it again and again. I don't like...