Windows 10: Sound louder than usual when playing media after pausing.

Discus and support Sound louder than usual when playing media after pausing. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Kind of a hard problem to explain, but whenever I play anything after pausing it, the sound is randomly VERY loud, but the volume number never changes.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JusMyBASSCannon, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Sound louder than usual when playing media after pausing.

Kind of a hard problem to explain, but whenever I play anything after pausing it, the sound is randomly VERY loud, but the volume number never changes.

For example: my usual listening level with headphones is 8. Say I'm listening to music with iTunes. I pause it for a bit, then when I go to play it again, the sound is like 10 notches higher than it should be, and when I check my volume levels on my computer, it stays put on 8, even though it's blasting. Adjusting the volume in any way fixes the problem and puts the sound to normal levels.

And this happens with any sort of media. Basically anything that plays any sort of audio will be blasting until I adjust the volume.

My sound driver is Realtek High Definition Audio version 6.0.1.7535

:)

JusMyBASSCannon, Jul 24, 2015

2. Asus Transformer book T100ha sound issue

when watching a film or netflick or youtube if I pause the program when I play it again a couple mins later it is really loud and when I hit the volume down once it goes back to normal but if I hit the volume up once it don't go as loud as it was when I
    played it again. when I play it after pausing it the volume of sound is louder than the whole tablet can go when I set it to max.

I have reinstalled drivers and windows 10.

(and no I'm not using 1 of the insider builds, I'm using the windows 10 anniversary update but this has been a problem since windows 10 came out)

(sorry if it makes no sense)

MorganRich-Drury, Jul 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 pause and resume video, the audio volume level is louder

After upgrade to Window 10, when I watch video on media player, vlc, youtube, if I pause video and resume then audio louder before pause and will loud until I adjust volumn to other level, Please FIX!!!!

Seksit Yodpetch, Jul 24, 2015
  4. AznBoy222 Win User

Sound louder than usual when playing media after pausing.

I have the same problem after I downloaded Windows 10. Play media, pause it, wait a bit, resume, volume is way higher than it should but the number is the same. Quickly adjust it back and forth and it fixes it. I updated my sound driver to 6.0.1.7544 and it didn't fix it either.

AznBoy222, Jul 29, 2015
  5. itsmesbb Win User
    Same problem! I also created a thread about this. I'll bookmark this one too.

itsmesbb, Jul 29, 2015
  6. I got a fix that worked on my end: updating the driver via Windows. Sound louder than usual when playing media after pausing. :p. Don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place.

Anyways, I fixed it by going to Device Manger and updating the Realtek Audio Driver and having Windows 'Search the Web' for an update. It updated my driver and actually improved the sound overall also. Hopefully that works for the rest of you. Good luck!

JusMyBASSCannon, Jul 29, 2015
  7. AznBoy222 Win User
    What version of the driver are you running? I'm pretty sure I'm up to date and still have the issue. I'm on driver version 6.0.1.7544.

AznBoy222, Jul 29, 2015
  8. itsmesbb Win User

I've been reinstalling and uninstalling drivers left and right from Windows and Realtek's website and I still have the issue.

itsmesbb, Jul 29, 2015
  9. itsmesbb Win User
    Okay I managed to resolve the issue, and it was kind of random. One time I uninstalled the driver and instead of automatically downloading the Realtek driver, it just changed to "High Definition Audio Device". Sorry I can't be of any more help, honestly I have no idea what the hell just happened but it hasn't done the thing yet.

itsmesbb, Jul 29, 2015
  10. I'm using Realtek version 6.0.1.7553 on Windows 10.

JusMyBASSCannon, Jul 29, 2015
  11. AznBoy222 Win User
    My driver is still the one I mentioned above. It just won't update for me. Maybe I have to wait a while till I can get the updated driver. Until then, I still have this issue.

AznBoy222, Jul 29, 2015
  12. Gary Win User
  13. AznBoy222 Win User

Even after manually installing the right driver and restarting, I still have this issue. I'm using 6.0.1.7566

AznBoy222, Jul 29, 2015
  14. itsmesbb Win User
    There might be something wrong with that first link to the Microsoft Update Catalog for version 6.0.1.7568. It keeps telling me no matter what browser I use to upgrade to a post-IE6 browser.

itsmesbb, Jul 30, 2015
  15. itsmesbb Win User
    Where did you download it from?

itsmesbb, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

1. Sound louder than usual when playing media after pausing. - Similar Threads - Sound louder usual

2. sound is deeper than usual

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sound is deeper than usual: so my computer audio sounds a lot deeper than usual, kinda slow and demonic lol. i tried updating drivers, turning off audio enhancements, ect but it only fixed the problem slightly. i need help trying to fix my sound and make it normal again submitted by /u/DarthSidekick...
  3. Malfunctioning play/pause media key

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Malfunctioning play/pause media key: Alright I've had this issue for several weeks now and still haven't managed to figure out the issue so I'll just kind of list things in chronological order Before the newer update, my internal keyboard broke due to liquid being spilled on it, and as I can't afford to have...
  4. SOUNDS KEEPS ON PAUSING AND PLAYING

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SOUNDS KEEPS ON PAUSING AND PLAYING: hello! i would just like to share the problem that i have with my laptop Lenovo Ideapad 320 whenever i play music or watch videos it will automatically pause and play itself. i tried uninstalling some drivers but the problem still persist and is very frustrating for a...
  5. Media auto play and pause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media auto play and pause: Hi while playing audio /video in builtin groove music or 3rd party vlc player I am facing issue that media randomly play and pause contentiously . I confirmed there is no keyboard input by opening wordso no key pressed....
  6. Sounds are higher-pitched than usual

Sounds are higher-pitched than usual: So since today, out of the blue, my sounds started being slightly higher-pitched than usual. It's not just the windows sounds, youtube and games sound different too. If someone knows how to fix this, an answer would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/Troisdorfer...
  7. Sound is louder after update?

Sound is louder after update?: I haven't updated in a long time, like two years. My sound is at least thrice as loud now, can't I fine-tune this? Anything above 10 out of 100 was already too loud for my liking before this change. submitted by /u/GoldenPrinny [link] [comments]...
  8. Sound Gets Louder

Sound Gets Louder: I have Realtek chipset soundboard. Everytime an audio source is paused or changed to new source sound gets louder even if master volume scroll stays on same position. If you change volume by yourself sound gets back to normal. Here i found a youtube video show what i'm...
  9. When pausing a youtube video sound increases on play

in Browsers and Email
    When pausing a youtube video sound increases on play: There are also volume sliders for each browser - take a look to see if those change when you pause (right-click the Windows volume tray icon->Open Volume Mixer). [img]
  10. Audio louder than usual until volume is changed

Audio louder than usual until volume is changed: Hello, tonight I upgraded to Windows 10 and began encountering a very strange problem with my audio. What happens is when an audio source starts playing sound, the the sound is louder than it should be - the actual volume in Windows does not change, the sound is just louder....