Windows 10: Sound mutes when changing desktops

Discus and support Sound mutes when changing desktops in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, All of a sudden my system mutes any playing audio when I switch desktops (using Task View). It's Window 10 1709 (a Mac book pro 2015). This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kevinof, Nov 9, 2017.

1. kevinof Win User

Sound mutes when changing desktops

Hi all,
    All of a sudden my system mutes any playing audio when I switch desktops (using Task View). It's Window 10 1709 (a Mac book pro 2015). This has worked fine up until a couple of days ago and I've changed nothing. Any new updates that may have screwed this up or any other ideas?

thanks

:)

kevinof, Nov 9, 2017

2. shortcut key

This link describes how to set up a shortcut -- I mention this so that you can get an idea of where to look for possible causes of such a shortcut:

Desktop Shortcut | Keyboard Hotkey To Mute Sound

http://www.technixupdate.com/desktop-shortcut-k...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 9, 2017
  3. alarm clock: about snooze time

The alarm will sound when on mute but there's No way I know of to change the snooze time

MatthewMaude, Nov 9, 2017
  4. Sound mutes when changing desktops

try disabling drivers auto-update (hopefully your windows version is Pro or higher) and re-install manufacturer's audio driver, the update usually push alot of driver updates along that might not be optimum for your setup .

nIGHTmAYOR, Nov 10, 2017
Thema:

Sound mutes when changing desktops

1. Sound mutes when changing desktops - Similar Threads - Sound mutes changing

2. Muffled or muted sound when in call

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Muffled or muted sound when in call: Whenever I start a call, be it in Skype, Zoom, Discord or Teams, the sound coming from other apps distorts and sometimes it outright mutes. Its been an issue primarily when gaming, but it occurs even with apps like Spotify. When playing, for example, Genshin Impact, the...
  3. Muffled or muted sound when in call

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muffled or muted sound when in call: Whenever I start a call, be it in Skype, Zoom, Discord or Teams, the sound coming from other apps distorts and sometimes it outright mutes. Its been an issue primarily when gaming, but it occurs even with apps like Spotify. When playing, for example, Genshin Impact, the...
  4. Sound muted if changes volume while playing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound muted if changes volume while playing: Hi everyone, I have a rather odd problem.My sounds seem to works fine, however if I change volume while sound is playing, the sound is muted. It happens every time doing so.My laptop is running windows 10 and sound is played through computer's internal speakers.Here are what...
  5. Sound muted if changes volume while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound muted if changes volume while playing: Hi everyone, I have a rather odd problem.My sounds seem to works fine, however if I change volume while sound is playing, the sound is muted. It happens every time doing so.My laptop is running windows 10 and sound is played through computer's internal speakers.Here are what...
  6. Sound muted if changes volume while playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Sound Muted When Resuming Video

Sound Muted When Resuming Video: I'm not sure if this is a Chrome issue an Audio Sub-System or a Driver issue. Background; UNtil a couple of days ago I had an Nvidia GTX 960 that I connected to my HDTV with an HDMI cable. I ran the video and audio through the GTX 960, into the TV and out to my speaker...
  8. mute the sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    mute the sound: Previously I would click on the speaker in the task bar and be able to mute or unmute the sound. This is no longer working and I can't seem to change it in the settings. Any advice...
  9. sound mute when I try to change volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sound mute when I try to change volume: If I try to change volume, sound disappears, and come back only if i remove realtek drivers and reboot. My System: Windows 10 1903 (this issue was ocurring before the update) MoBo ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 (AM3R2) Audio (Nvidia came with their own audio...
  10. Sound Plays Even When Muted

Sound Plays Even When Muted: Hello all, I am running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13, 9360. I leave my sound on mute but the computer will still make noises (when I try to close a file before saving, that bell noise or videos will start playing on open tabs and their sound can be heard). I have tried...