Windows 10: Sound not coming from computer speakers when hooked up to TV?

Discus and support Sound not coming from computer speakers when hooked up to TV? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So after my problems with my Altec Lansing speakers (detailed on another thread) I decided to bite the bullet and just buy new speakers. Except that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rarara, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Rarara Win User

Sound not coming from computer speakers when hooked up to TV?

So after my problems with my Altec Lansing speakers (detailed on another thread) I decided to bite the bullet and just buy new speakers. Except that now there is a problem with that too. *Sad

I have a HDMI cable attached to my laptop so that I can use my TV as a second monitor. That's fine and dandy, except that the sound only comes out from my TV, not from my laptop speakers or my new speakers. I've tried to use Windows settings to adjust things but there doesn't seem to be any such option.

On my last computer all I had to do was plug and play, so I'm not sure why this is happening. It's quite a hassle because when the HDMI cable is attached, all my sound comes from the TV.

:)

Rarara, Dec 8, 2015

2. Windows 10 No Sound Playback At All

I have sound, but it is really badly distorted - especially in the bass. Sounds horrible on the built in speakers as well as when hooked up. But when headphones are plugged in, it sounds fine. Hopefully Realtek will come up with some new drivers and or
    BIOS for this problem.

EmilyBlegvad, Dec 8, 2015
  3. No sound from speakers

HAve Dell Inspiron Computer with Windows 10 update. I hooked up the speakers to computer but can get no sound?

Moved from Internet Explorer

Original title: Speakers

GregoryGonter, Dec 8, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Which settings did you try ? Control Panel > Sound > Playback tab > Speakers should be set as default.

CountMike, Dec 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Sound not coming from computer speakers when hooked up to TV? - Similar Threads - Sound coming computer

2. I've hooked up the HDMI from computer to TV The computer comes up on the screen I can hear...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I've hooked up the HDMI from computer to TV The computer comes up on the screen I can hear...: I've hooked up the HDMI from my computer to the TV I get the computer page I get sound but no picture of what I want to watch Fox Nation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-hooked-up-the-hdmi-from-computer-to-tv-the/ac95207c-da1e-4aec-bccf-3c8a44569769
  3. I've hooked up the HDMI from computer to TV The computer comes up on the screen I can hear...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I've hooked up the HDMI from computer to TV The computer comes up on the screen I can hear...: I've hooked up the HDMI from my computer to the TV I get the computer page I get sound but no picture of what I want to watch Fox Nation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-hooked-up-the-hdmi-from-computer-to-tv-the/ac95207c-da1e-4aec-bccf-3c8a44569769
  4. I've hooked up the HDMI from computer to TV The computer comes up on the screen I can hear...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Now no sound from tv when hooked to HDMI

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Now no sound from tv when hooked to HDMI: I'm going to try to ask this question as concisely as possible and I would like a response that answers the question fixing the problem once and for all. do not direct me to some other random web page, do not give me instructions using buttons that do not exist on my...
  6. HOOKING UP A TV TO MY COMPUTER

HOOKING UP A TV TO MY COMPUTER: I NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME HOW YOU GO ABOUT HOOKING UP A TV TO YOUR COMPUTER PLEASE THANK YOU JERRY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hooking-up-a-tv-to-my-computer/9e7caf1d-0758-4ee5-b6ba-11ce0531a783
  7. speaker hook up

in Windows 10 Customization
    speaker hook up: I tried hooking up my speakers after having to move my system. They are not working. I have the connect wire into my tower. The speaker does not come on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-hook-up/e5db43f0-44ca-4558-b503-e7236bdea2bc
  8. Hooking up the computer to the tv

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hooking up the computer to the tv: I just got a new Acer Computer with an HDMI port. Question #1. On my tv does it matter which HDMI I use, like the one marked out? Now that it's hooked up what I see is my desktop background picture and in the lower left is the taskbar. I can hover over a browser and, in this...
  9. Hooking Up Speakers

Hooking Up Speakers: Hi, I was hooking up some old external speakers to my newer laptop. the old external speakers has a green jack which I think is a audio line-in cable? My laptop doesn't have line-in or line-out jacks. Instead it has a microphone and headphone jack. I can sort of hook...
  10. hooking up a TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    hooking up a TV: I want to hook up video from my video card (NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT) to my TV (making it my second monitor). My card has 2 DVI ports and one is for my monitor. I have no more HDMI ports on the TV so I need to use RCA or S-Video to connect the computer and the TV. I've tried a...