Windows 10: Sound not working.

Discus and support Sound not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. So my computer's sound has been acting weird. The speaker icon in the bottom right corner has the red "X" on it and when I click it, it says "An... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jaguarpro, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Jaguarpro Win User

Sound not working.

Hi. So my computer's sound has been acting weird. The speaker icon in the bottom right corner has the red "X" on it and when I click it, it says "An error while troubleshooting: An unexpected error has occurred. The trouble shooting wizard can't continue." The error details include
    Package ID: AudioPlaybackDiagnostic
    Path: Unknown
    Error code: 0x8000FFFF
    Source: Catalog
    Context: Restricted

Please help!

:)

Jaguarpro, Mar 18, 2016

2. Error code 0xA00F4244(0xC00D36D5) on using Camera on Windows 10.

my camera ids not working

camera not working, Mar 18, 2016
  3. Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones

Skyfire stopped supporting all windows 6.5 phones so why is it still on markeplace and is Microsoft going to stand up for us now that all they care about is android and Iphone

SKYFIRE NOT WORKING, Mar 18, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Sound not working.

Hi, basics:
    Check your audio service is still running.
    Windows key + R, type services.msc, scroll down to Windows Audio - should be running, automatic.

Now I don't know which audio hardware you have or which driver. Anyway, go to Control Panel, Device Manager (or Settings, and search for Device Manager) and check the driver is stated to be operating normally.

Also look under the Events tab and see if the date of the last driver update matches the onset of your problem.

I would guess this is sthg to do with driver installation, but it's only a guess.

Finally, what backup and restoration procedures do you use?
    - do you have System Restore enabled and any useful restore points?
    - do you have a system image?
    - do you use disk imaging regularly updated o you can restore your system to a previously working state quickly and without technical help? E.g. Macrium reflect (free) + its boot medium + external backup storage.

dalchina, Mar 19, 2016
  5. Jaguarpro Win User
    Hi, sorry for the late response.

I went to services.msc and went to Windows Audio i both restarted the service, then I stopped it and then started it. No changes. I did the same to Windows Audio Endpoint Builder, and nothing. When I went to Device Manager I checked all of the drivers for updates and nothing needed to be updated. I checked what audio drivers I have under "Sound, video and game controllers" and it says (in this order)

AMD High Definition Audio Device
    Razer Surround Audio Controller
    Realtek High Definition Audio

I hope this is what you meant. I checked events and nothing showed for an update. Hope to figure this out soon.

Jaguarpro, May 15, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hello, I'm not familiar with systems with 3 sound cards I'm afraid, so would be best for someone with desktop experience to help.

Meanwhile would suggest you need to try to identify which if these is the problem may be related to, assuming it's driver/card related rather than the OS. I'd try removing two, seeing what happened, and if still a problem, uninstall the driver and let it reinstall on reboot.

After a couple of quick searches, I've not found the error message - do have a look though.

dalchina, May 15, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    "AMD High Definition Audio Device" is HDMI sound output from graphic card.
    "Realtek High Definition Audio" is CODEC audio on the MB itself (Rear and possibly front input/output sound jacks).
    "Razer Surround Audio Controller" is probably preamp for headphones; is this the one:
    Razer Surround Personalized 7.1 Gaming Audio Software ?

CountMike, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sound not working.

1. Sound not working. - Similar Threads - Sound working

2. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell command upates are all current so what do I do?...
  3. Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer says no...: Realtek Audio Output stopped working after latest update. Sound & Volume mixer indiucates no audio output devices found. Windows 11 PRO and Dell upates are all current so what do I do?...
  4. WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working: Hi, I've been having this problem recentlyThe wifi, battery and sound panel are not working when I click them. normally when you left-click it a pop-up menu appears, but recently when I click nothing happens. it responds as I right-click, but it's annoying to manually go into...
  5. WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working

WIFI, Sound and battery panel not working: Hi, I've been having this problem recentlyThe wifi, battery and sound panel are not working when I click them. normally when you left-click it a pop-up menu appears, but recently when I click nothing happens. it responds as I right-click, but it's annoying to manually go into...
  6. My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.: So, I used my PC as usual yesterday but today these taskbar icons wont work, below there's a link to imgur where I've put the screenshots. I've reinstalled windows the repair version and it worked again, but when i turned it on today it stopped working. I've also tried the...
  7. My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.

My "internet/sound/battery" taskbar menu wont work.: So, I used my PC as usual yesterday but today these taskbar icons wont work, below there's a link to imgur where I've put the screenshots. I've reinstalled windows the repair version and it worked again, but when i turned it on today it stopped working. I've also tried the...
  8. Windows audio is in 16 bits at 48khz, but I have an external sound card that works in 24...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows audio is in 16 bits at 48khz, but I have an external sound card that works in 24...: I have a Behringer UM2 sound card, which works in 24 bits at 48khz. When configuring the sound in Windows, the 24-bit options do not appear. When I work in my DAW, I can safely use 24 bits, but not in WindowsH8U5.png 499×456 imgbrr.coPS: Behringer works with Asio4All, but...
  9. Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working: hello, i recently got some galaxy earbuds2, i want to use them for gaming and calling at the same time, but when im in calls, i get no PC sound, only sound from the call.they are connected through bluetooth...
  10. Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working

Galaxy earbuds 2 sound not working: hello, i recently got some galaxy earbuds2, i want to use them for gaming and calling at the same time, but when im in calls, i get no PC sound, only sound from the call.they are connected through bluetooth...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audio endpoint not working