Windows 10: Sound Problem

Discus and support Sound Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dell XPS 8000 Windows 10 Home - 1709 Intel i5 RAM = 8GB Realtek Audio -- 6.0.1.8186 (2017-06-14)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by boyboyds, Dec 5, 2017.

1. boyboyds Win User

Sound Problem

Dell XPS 8000
    Windows 10 Home - 1709
    Intel i5
    RAM = 8GB
    Realtek Audio -- 6.0.1.8186 (2017-06-14)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Problem: scraping echo sound getting progressively worse.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have been struggling with the sound issue for the last 2 years.

1. A simple reboot resolves the problem for a day or 2, but it comes back.
    2. Changed speakers, plugged them into a USB port - the same issue.
    3. Reinstalled W10 - helped, but the problem came back after a while.
    4. Reinstalled Realtek driver - helped, but the problem came back after a while.
    5. Ran Windows Troubleshooter - it found some drivers that resolved the problem, but it returned after a few days.

Thanks,
    -BBDS

:)

boyboyds, Dec 5, 2017

2. ppc 6700 sound problem

Everything on the phone is working fine except all of my sounds went out. I can hear calls that come in but they can't hear me; screen taps, music, etc.--no sound except for a little static or jusort of short circuit type sound. Have no idea what the problem
    is, any help will be greatly appreciated.

I've had the phone for over a year with no problems.

Also, the date and time jumped back 3 years.

Thanks again!

ppc6700 sound problem, Dec 5, 2017
  3. ppc 6700 sound problem

Yes, I have tried that several times.

It appears that my sound has "died".

I have no upgraded or additional software on my phone.

Thanks for your reply.

Please any help would be great!!

ppc6700 sound problem, Dec 5, 2017
  4. Sound Problem

Sounds like it may be an electrical interference inside the system. Are you connecting the computer to a surge protector at all? Or are there high electrical interference devices connected to the same circuit?

Masterchiefxx17, Dec 5, 2017
  5. boyboyds Win User
    Yes, my PC and TV are on the same single outlet and all connected through several extension cords and power strips. Some other devices plugged into this line - speakers, printer, scanner, ChromeCast, lamps, clock, work laptop, router.....etc.

My Dell is at the very end of this line.

But earlier today Sound Troubleshooter installed some drivers (the version looks the same though, maybe just reinstalled them) and the problem disappeared again, and I did not even restart my PC. But I am pretty sure it will return like it has done in the past. Sometimes the problem disappears for a month.

-BBDS

boyboyds, Dec 5, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    Check the Realtek HD Audio panel and disable (if any are enabled) all sound Enhancements. I've seen that cause similar problems. Also if or when it happens, check the sound panel in case some application has enabled an enhancement.

Also, although it should work, Dell does not officially support Win 10 on this model. The only listed drivers on the Dell downloads are for Vista and Win 7.

fireberd, Dec 5, 2017
  7. boyboyds Win User
    Thank you Fireberd.

All enhancements are unchecked, I am pretty sure I reviewed them every time I had the issue, this is the first thing the Troubleshooter does when looking for Audio issues. There must be some program that causes this problem. And after the very first sign of the sound problem appears - it gets progressively worse very quickly.

Though my Dell does not support W10, it has worked perfectly for 2 years, even audio has worked perfectly when it has worked.

-BBDS

boyboyds, Dec 5, 2017
  8. Sound Problem

Hi, @boyboyds I had few days ago a similar strange audio like 'coming from the deep, metal sound' and the more strange thing was that this problem turned out to be from the realtek hd audio driver /can't recall the version/, downloaded from MS update automatically. It wasn't possible to listen to such an audio, so I made clean install, the same driver was downloaded, then I uninstalled it and turned the wifi off in order not to be re-downloaded.

Before all that, I downloaded the newest realtek hd audio driver Last Updated: November 28th 2017
    DRIVER VERSION: 6.0.1.8311 from
    Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version
    It is a cab file, has to be unzipped and then you can update you generic hd audio driver to this one via device manager.

I hope I was helpful, until now no problems at all.
    Ivan

Ivan Petrov, Dec 6, 2017
  9. boyboyds Win User
    The strange sound came back last night. Reinstalled again the latest Realtek driver 6.0.1.8186 and the problem disappeared. I have done this so many times, but the issue comes back after a few days or a few weeks.

Because the problem is also present when I plug in USB speakers, it leads me to believe that this issue is not related to the sound card itself. I guess I do not fully understand the different ways my PC outputs its sound.

Maybe @Masterchiefxx17 was correct and there is some electrical interference I am dealing with.

Thank you @Ivan Petrov, but I was not able to install 6.0.1.8311. And the instructions did not explain which exec file needed to be installed. There were no setup.exec file in that folder. And for some reason I do not think this was my issue anyway.

-BBDS

boyboyds, Dec 8, 2017
  10. You are welcome! You don't need exe file, @boyboyds , you can just unzip the cab file in downloads folder or wherever you wish and then from device manager - update driver - browse my computer for driver software - locate the extracted folder /do tick the include subfolders option/ - click next ....
    But first, uninstall the old driver and turn off the wifi right away.
    That's all, you know better what to do.

Sound Problem [​IMG]

Ivan Petrov, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Sound Problem

1. Sound Problem - Similar Threads - Sound Problem

2. windows 10 sound problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 sound problem: hello,i have a ACE MAGICIAN mini pc that runs windows 10 and i have recently encountered a problem with the sound when i turn on the pc,the sound is fine,but after some time like 1,2 hours,the sound suddenly stops and it says no headphones or speakers are plugged in. i have...
  3. windows 10 sound problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 sound problem: hello,i have a ACE MAGICIAN mini pc that runs windows 10 and i have recently encountered a problem with the sound when i turn on the pc,the sound is fine,but after some time like 1,2 hours,the sound suddenly stops and it says no headphones or speakers are plugged in. i have...
  4. windows 10 sound problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games: Hello,I have a problem that have been recurring since yesterday. During a meeting either on Zoom or Google Meet, I could not hear anything, just a tiny bit of scrunches or little noise and never any proper voice from my colleagues even though before I joined, the songs I...
  6. Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games

Sound Problem During Online Meeting and Video Games: Hello,I have a problem that have been recurring since yesterday. During a meeting either on Zoom or Google Meet, I could not hear anything, just a tiny bit of scrunches or little noise and never any proper voice from my colleagues even though before I joined, the songs I...
  7. Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...

Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...: I have paired my ipad to my windows 11 computer and the sound from the ipad plays just fine on my computer speakers.But the sound mixer says that no input device found, despite it clearly working.How could I get the thing visible as input source too?...
  8. Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird sound problem where the sound plays but "no input device available" with bluetooth...: I have paired my ipad to my windows 11 computer and the sound from the ipad plays just fine on my computer speakers.But the sound mixer says that no input device found, despite it clearly working.How could I get the thing visible as input source too?...
  9. Audio Problem - Youtube and volume adjustment only. They sound distorted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Problem - Youtube and volume adjustment only. They sound distorted.: Tried 2 browsers, no external devices on Dell Inspirion. Sounds from other websites and itunes are normal. Updated chrome and checked for flash player updates. I believe it started with an update several days ago. This laptop came with Windows 10 and upgraded via offer to...
  10. Audio Problem - Youtube and volume adjustment only. They sound distorted.

Audio Problem - Youtube and volume adjustment only. They sound distorted.: Tried 2 browsers, no external devices on Dell Inspirion. Sounds from other websites and itunes are normal. Updated chrome and checked for flash player updates. I believe it started with an update several days ago. This laptop came with Windows 10 and upgraded via offer to...