Windows 10: Sound quit working?

Discus and support Sound quit working? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Last night my sound just quit working. I went through everything and they all said that my sound was working correctly, but no sound came out.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeHawthorne, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Sound quit working?

Hi

Last night my sound just quit working.
    I went through everything and they all said that my sound was working correctly, but no sound came out.

Rebooted still the same thing, checked all my plugs, Device Manager, tested etc.
    No sound.

All dialogs said this device is working normally.

Finally I gave up and restored my system using my last backup image (this was made the day before, I'm doing it every other day) and when I got done my sound was back and working normally.

I went over everything I had done leading up to this and I couldn't remember anything I had done that had any connection with sound at all.

This was clearly software related but I have no idea what the cause was.

These are the things that drive me crazy, I think from now on I'm really going to make a point of creating a system image at least once a week.

I keep thinking of what I might be going through today trying to get my sound to work if I hadn't had the image to restore to.

It only takes about 15 minutes if I keep my System Drive small and put all my software in other drives.

Mike

:)

MikeHawthorne, Oct 25, 2014

2. No Sound in Windows 10 on HP Pavilion dv9730

DIANAMULLINAX, Oct 25, 2014
  3. Dave AF Win User
    Sound quit working after updates

Speaker on monitor works when connected to a laptop, but doesn't work when connected to desktop. Seems like there could be issue with the hdmi plug on the desktop. Green plug on cpu does produce sound, but hdmi does not produce sound.

Dave AF, Oct 25, 2014
  4. topgundcp Win User

Sound quit working?

Did you also check the playback device as shown ?

Sound quit working? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 25, 2014
  5. Hi

Yes, everything was set normally, just like you image.

Weird I have no idea, what was going on.

I've been messing with sound today and testing playing DVDs, Music, Video etc. and everything seems to work fine now.

Mike

MikeHawthorne, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sound quit working?

1. Sound quit working? - Similar Threads - Sound quit working

2. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  3. Mouse quits working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse quits working: All of a sudden my mouse quits working. When I hut down some times it works when I restart and sometimes not. I a, trying a different USB. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-quits-working/f4156f43-eeee-4531-af53-0b77f46338de
  4. bluetooth quit working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bluetooth quit working: i have a Lanova laptop that is less than a year old that had bluetooth when I bought it. A couple days ago it just quit working for no apparent reason. It still shows up in my settings but when I try to use it nothing works. The troubleshooter tells me my computer is not...
  5. Monitor quit working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitor quit working: I had an extra monitor plugged in for months, then it just went black and read "Input Not Supported". I checked the display settings and accidentally clicked the "just show on monitor 2", now both screens are black when plugged into each other. Help please! The computer and...
  6. sound quit working

in Windows 10 Customization
    sound quit working: windows 10 new user, sound quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-quit-working/aa387d8c-879e-40ff-8be1-2adcf203c7d7
  7. sound devices quit working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sound devices quit working after windows 10 update: I have a Windows 10 computer (an Intel NUC) with built-in sound (Realtek) and an external USB-driver D/A convertor (essentially a USB sound card). Some time after an update (although I'm not sure these incidents are related), my sound control panel now shows "no output...
  8. screensaver quits working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screensaver quits working: I have a new HP laptop with Windows 10. My screensaver quits working after a while, I get a black screen with message error caused your screensaver to stop working. Unable to fix. I have tried different things I know to do but nothing works. Help!...
  9. Dropbox Sounds won't quit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropbox Sounds won't quit: I'm moving some photos around in my Dropbox and it rings at me every time I make a change. I've disabled notifications in Dropbox settings. I've disabled Dropbox notifications in Windows 10 notifications. I've even muted the sound on my laptop. This does not...
  10. Sound quit working, Again?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound quit working, Again?: Hi I posted about this before, but once again my sound quit working. Last night when I shut down my computer it was working, this morning when I booted up it wasn't. I restarted a couple of times (which has worked before when this happened sometimes) but no luck....