Windows 10: sound slider

Discus and support sound slider in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So how in the hell does one fix the VERY ANNOYING _ D I N G !! when adjusting the sound with the slider?? The "rolling mouse method" as an answer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fredj47, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Fredj47 Win User

sound slider

So how in the hell does one fix the VERY ANNOYING _ D I N G !! when adjusting the sound with the slider??
    The "rolling mouse method" as an answer sucks ! I want it gone, ... how do I stop that damned "D I N G !!"
    How about providing an answer with instructions, not "I prefer the 'rolling mouse method'." as an answer.

:)

Fredj47, Aug 26, 2018
  2. Pavan_N Win User

speaker ( or sound ) slider switch disappeared

Hi Hank,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

• Are you able to use Volume slider on the taskbar?

• Do you get any error message?

• Are you able to see sound icon on the taskbar?
    I suggest you to hoover your mouse on the right side of the taskbar and click on the sound icon and try to use volume slider and check if it that works.

Follow the steps below and check.

• Discover the empty slot on the
      Taskbar
      and Right click.

• Click on Properties.

• Under Taskbar tab and Notification area
      click on Custom.

• Tap on Select which icons appears on the taskbar.

• Turn on Volume option.
    Hope this helps. If any other issues get back to us. We are glad to help you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, Aug 26, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue sound slider :p

cadaveca, Aug 26, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

sound slider

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

sound slider

1. sound slider - Similar Threads - sound slider

2. I can't adjust the volume using my HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch using the slider on the sound bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't adjust the volume using my HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch using the slider on the sound bar: I can only adjust the volume using the mouse but the slider from my soundbar is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-adjust-the-volume-using-my-huawei-mateview/07384f81-68dd-4af9-a72c-68974b3fffab
  3. I can't adjust the volume using my HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch using the slider on the sound bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't adjust the volume using my HUAWEI MateView GT 34-inch using the slider on the sound bar: I can only adjust the volume using the mouse but the slider from my soundbar is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-adjust-the-volume-using-my-huawei-mateview/07384f81-68dd-4af9-a72c-68974b3fffab
  4. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...
  5. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...
  6. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 11 taskbar sound slider/menu does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 taskbar sound slider/menu does not work: I can change the volume using my keyboards volume nob, or in windows settings, but on the taskbar sound slider nothing changes. I can hear the sound it makes, but the volume doesn't change according to the slider. When I click the arrow to expand all sound devices, nothing...
  8. Windows 11 taskbar sound slider/menu does not work

Windows 11 taskbar sound slider/menu does not work: I can change the volume using my keyboards volume nob, or in windows settings, but on the taskbar sound slider nothing changes. I can hear the sound it makes, but the volume doesn't change according to the slider. When I click the arrow to expand all sound devices, nothing...
  9. Windows 11 - Sound slider/media control panel in the task bar is unresponsive every boot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Sound slider/media control panel in the task bar is unresponsive every boot...: Hey hey people,I am slowly but surely losing my mind.Since I upgraded to Windows 11 I am plagued by this infuriating bug where the aforementioned sound slider thingy in the task bar is completely unresponsive.I can call it up from the task bar with a mouse click, but the UI...
  10. Windows 11 - Sound slider/media control panel in the task bar is unresponsive every boot...

Windows 11 - Sound slider/media control panel in the task bar is unresponsive every boot...: Hey hey people,I am slowly but surely losing my mind.Since I upgraded to Windows 11 I am plagued by this infuriating bug where the aforementioned sound slider thingy in the task bar is completely unresponsive.I can call it up from the task bar with a mouse click, but the UI...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sound slider