Windows 10: sound stop sometimes

Discus and support sound stop sometimes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i listen to sound via my Asus monitor speakers (see my system specs). All works good, except when I pause the movie or skip to the next episode (on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HerrKaLeun, Mar 25, 2016.

1. sound stop sometimes

i listen to sound via my Asus monitor speakers (see my system specs). All works good, except when I pause the movie or skip to the next episode (on Netflix) the speaker is mute. that little green bar (see the screenshot) still will go up and down per the volume. so it looks like it gets sound, just nothing comes out of the speaker.
    the only way to resolve this is to set my Acer monitor as the default device, and then set the Asus back to default device. It keeps working until i pause the movie again, or skip to the next episode.

Sometimes the problem isn't there, and I can pause etc. without losing my sound. i have the feeling the problem is worse when I pause for some minutes. I haven't been noticing this on youtube etc., but I may just use Netflix too much. i had de-installed and installed the ASRock sound driver to no avail. i haven't really watched (like MP4 files on my PC) movies a lot to see if that also causes a problem.

i also often use the headphones, which sometimes takes the PC some convincing to switch over to headphones (i have to manually set the speakers as default device). however, sometimes plugging in headphones makes it switch automatically

:)

HerrKaLeun, Mar 25, 2016

2. LUMIA 950 xl

Are you charging the device on a wireless charger when you hear that sound? Sometimes when i place my 950XL on my wireless charger it will make that sound. REPOSITIONING it on the charger stops the sound

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Mar 25, 2016
  3. My videos are constantly stopped

I'm having problems with the video presentation : the presentation is constantly stopped and sometimes no synchronization between picture and sound.

Sandy Santiago, Mar 25, 2016
Thema:

sound stop sometimes

1. sound stop sometimes - Similar Threads - sound stop sometimes

2. Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes: On pc my sound is almost like choppy or stutters. I dont know what to do. It happens when I play games and listening to music. I dont have this kind of issue before. I just noticed it three days ago. I thought maybe it is my headset but when I use it on the other device it...
  3. Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes: On pc my sound is almost like choppy or stutters. I dont know what to do. It happens when I play games and listening to music. I dont have this kind of issue before. I just noticed it three days ago. I thought maybe it is my headset but when I use it on the other device it...
  4. Stuttering sound and choppy sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mi computer sometimes has sound and sometimes no

Mi computer sometimes has sound and sometimes no: I have an HP notebbok with Windows 10, i've tried everything and my computer doesn't have sound. When i plug the earphone it does but when i try to use the speakers from the notbeook it doesn't. I can't fix the problem, the other day it had sound i haven't don anything...
  6. Sound sometimes doesn't work.

Sound sometimes doesn't work.: Hi, Sometimes I've got no audio through my speakers. The fix is always to restart the computer, and it works. But about half the time I startup, I've got no sound and need to keep restarting until I've got audio. The drivers seem good, the connection is fine....
  7. Sometimes there is no sound of the notebook

Sometimes there is no sound of the notebook: Hi. My notebook sometimes don't produce sound. Normally I watch film, listen music etc, then I go to sleep mode, then I start the notebook and no sound. Anyone know the reason? KB 2962407 - this should do it and uninstalling should remove the problem, but unfortunately,...
  8. sometimes no sound

sometimes no sound: I have a HP pavilion Elite and when I stream CNBC I get sound but when I stream a local channel I don't get sound. I also get sound when using iTunes. I also get sound when streaming some other cable channels. I check control panel sounds and it says my devices are working...
  9. "Critical Stop" sound sometimes on Shut down or Restart

in Windows 10 Support
    "Critical Stop" sound sometimes on Shut down or Restart: Hi ALL, Sometimes when I power down or restart I get a sound that is usually used when there is a problem. I looked up the sound and its the standard "Critical Stop" sound. This only happens sometimes but even if it does occur the system still either shuts down or restarts...
  10. Sometimes computers boots with no sound.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sometimes computers boots with no sound.: No matter what application I open, whether it be a video in an internet browser or a game, I can't hear anything. I then have to reboot my computer, to which everything works fine. I do not have a sound card. I have an HDMI cable connected straight to my graphics card. The...