Windows 10: Sound stopped working after Creative Update

Discus and support Sound stopped working after Creative Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 on my HP TouchSmart Envy, and after updating to the creative update, the sound doesn't work. I am not hearing anything from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by greenroctoo, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Sound stopped working after Creative Update

Hello, I have Windows 10 on my HP TouchSmart Envy, and after updating to the creative update, the sound doesn't work. I am not hearing anything from my speakers. I am not seeing the sound visual up when I am looking at the Volume Mixer.

I have the latest drivers for my AMD card: I ran run "Update Driver" via "AMD High Definition Audio Device Properties" (which says "this device is working properly"), chose "Search Automatically for updated driver software" and the window told me "The best drivers for your device are already installed".

I right-clicked the sound icon on my taskbar, clicked "Playback devices" Right-clicked the speakers (that are set as my default device) clicked "test", and got an error that said "Failed to play test tone."

I have tried unplugging and replugging in my jack connecting to my speakers, but that didnt fix it either.

I have restarted my computer a couple times (at least I think I did), this didn't fix it either.

I need the sound so I can hear when my World of Warcraft dungeon queue is ready to enter, as well as listening to Twitch streams I like to watch.

I do not know how to fix this. I am not very computer savvy when it comes to editing/accessing/tweaking/etc programs that make Windows function.

P.S. Posted this via my main computer which has windows 7, but my other computer that is having this issue is a HP laptop with Windows 10.

:)

greenroctoo, Apr 14, 2017
  2. Steve6371 Win User

No sound.

upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7, Realtek onboard audio and creative SB x-fi sound card. didn't work until I installed new creative driver from creative. then it stopped and I can't get any sound from either device

Steve6371, Apr 14, 2017
  3. GT7777 Win User
    Windows 10 1511 / 10586 update incompatible with Creative Soundblaster X-Fi

This doesn't sound promising for Creative sound cards which the latest win update appears to have stopped.

GT7777, Apr 14, 2017
  4. Sound stopped working after Creative Update

Ok I have sound back.

I restarted my computer after having unplugged and plugged the headphone jack back in. It seems this is what fixed it for me.

greenroctoo, Apr 14, 2017
  5. JoeMcLutz Win User
    I'm happy you solved it... I had no audio too after Creators Update and I noticed my audio preferences was *automatically" swapped to "digital audio" (S/PDIF) which I don't use. If this should happen again, take a look inside audio preferences.

See you! *Smile

JoeMcLutz, Apr 14, 2017
  6. MrOmfg Win User
    Okay, so after the Windows 10 creative update my PC restarted and the sound was broken. Even before windows 10 logo appeared after the restart, my headphones plugged into Creative USB X-Fi Surround Sound 5.1 pro were making a non-stop clicking / popping noise, in other words my sound was broken. When windows loaded, still a non-stop clicking noise.

I did however find a fix, as soon as I turned off the Bluetooth on windows, it fixed all my sound issues.

Just to note before turning off the windows bluetooth, I did try re-installing the sound card driver with the latest from creative, turned off all sound devices except the one I needed, disabled all enhancements on the sound card and none of these worked.

Only turning off the bluetooth worked which can be found on windows 10 by right clicking your start menu and selecting search, then search for: bluetooth

MrOmfg, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Sound stopped working after Creative Update

1. Sound stopped working after Creative Update - Similar Threads - Sound stopped working

2. Sound stops working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stops working after Windows Update: I find my sound stops working a Windows Update.Troubleshooter is no use because it just tells me that sound is not installed.I am using a HP Envy laptop running Windows 11. I asked on a HP forum but no simple fix suggested. I just make sure I have a recent System Restore...
  3. Sound stops working after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stops working after Windows Update: I find my sound stops working a Windows Update.Troubleshooter is no use because it just tells me that sound is not installed.I am using a HP Envy laptop running Windows 11. I asked on a HP forum but no simple fix suggested. I just make sure I have a recent System Restore...
  4. After downloading "Creative Technology Ltd" my sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After downloading "Creative Technology Ltd" my sound doesn't work: I thought the recent cumulative update affected my sound, but it was the Creative Technology Ltd - SoftwareComponent - 2.2.1.21 or/and 2.6.0.0 from Microsoft. It downloaded it before I had the chance to pause the download; I tried the sound troubleshooter, but that didn't...
  5. After downloading "Creative Technology Ltd" my sound doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After downloading "Creative Technology Ltd" my sound doesn't work: I thought the recent cumulative update affected my sound, but it was the Creative Technology Ltd - SoftwareComponent - 2.2.1.21 or/and 2.6.0.0 from Microsoft. It downloaded it before I had the chance to pause the download; I tried the sound troubleshooter, but that didn't...
  6. Creative sound blaster z not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creative sound blaster z not working: [ATTACH] I bought a new Creative Soundblaster Z to overcome problems with the integrated sound card the audio output was "heard" by the microphone. So i open the case and install it on the PCI Express X 1, restarted the pc but it wasn't working. In the device manager I...
  7. Sound stopped working on speakers after windowns update????

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound stopped working on speakers after windowns update????: sound stopped working on sonic studio virtual mixer after windows update? like whattt? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-stopped-working-on-speakers-after-windowns/5fb8b92a-9a15-492d-ad63-d160972a16e9
  8. Creative Sound Card

Creative Sound Card: I just brought a Creative SB Audigy RX sound card, everything is find only the driver from creative web site is oudated. Anywhere i can find mod/hack/updated drivers ? Thanks. 168355
  9. HP laptop sound stopped working after the updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP laptop sound stopped working after the updates: After I down loaded latest updates, the audio stopped working and history of the update showed "failed to install - 0x800705b4 (Realtek Semicoductor Corp - Media. What I should do to resolve this problem...
  10. Sound stopped working after updating to windows 10

Sound stopped working after updating to windows 10: Problem: 1) Since updating to windows 10, Laptop completely incapable of making any sound out of the speakers. 2) Headphones plugged into jack produces no volume out of earbuds 3) The Color of the volume slider when F9 or F10 is pressed is a light yellowish orange. Not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cambridge sound 5.1 surround had stopped working since windows update