Windows 10: Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys

Discus and support Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having an issue with my sound were it starts stuttering after some time for no reason. I've downloaded LatencyMon and it showed me that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Cel, Sep 15, 2015.

1. CEL
    Cel Win User

Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys

I've been having an issue with my sound were it starts stuttering after some time for no reason. I've downloaded LatencyMon and it showed me that wdf01000.sys goes over 50ms after a couple of hours while ACPI.sys can go higher than 1ms. They both got high DPC with wdf driver going off the scale.

So obviously the culprit is wdf01000 driver. I wanted to know if there is a way to found out which program or hardware uses this driver? Using trial and error method i've found out that it is probably a software program called LCDHost which displays temperatures, weather, loads and other settings on my g19s keyboard LCD screen but its kinda hard to believe that it would cause this issue.

Also i couldn't find out what ACPI.sys does besides being related to power management or bios. I've got a warning number 15 in my windows event log saying that BIOS is trying to access EC embedded controller and an error 56 related to "Application Popup" which mentions ACPI. I don't think that ACPI.sys is causing any issues but it is the second highest latency culprit.

:)

2. Latency issue caused by dxgkrnl.sys and ndis.sys in Windows 10

I would be curious to see if that fixes it with flashing your card with some higher 2d clock/power values. The desktop is more and more demanding these days. And there still seems to be other issues surrounding directx and wdf01000.sys and other drivers
    that also suffer from high latency.

Charles IS, Sep 15, 2015
  3. Dr Eden Win User
    Audio Crackling/Video Lag

Hi,

I have had terrible audio crackling, and cutting out the last two days, as well as video lag whenever the sound cuts out.

I believe the problem is ndsi.sys and wdf01000.sys causing massive DPC latency.

All help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dr Eden, Sep 15, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hi Cel,

Have you tried the 8.72.107 Sept 3rd driver for your G19s?

WhyMe, Sep 15, 2015
  5. CEL
    Cel Win User
    Installed it 20 minutes ago when i decided to check for new logitech drivers. Also installed new realtek audio drivers. Ill check if the issue has been resolved.

I also forgot to mention that sound stutter only occurred when i clicked my mouse which is also a logitech g602 wireless mouse. Switching off and on the wi-fi receiver would fix the stutter for a couple of hours but then it would resume again. The mouse is also being controlled by logitech gaming software.

6. CEL
    Cel Win User
    Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys [​IMG]

Unfortunately updating logitech software did not help.

So is there any way to find out which program or hardware uses that Wdf01000?

7. WhyMe Win User
    I only know it's a driver. If you can find the associated service, you could maybe try temporarily disabling it and checking to see how effects your system. You can always re-enable after.

WhyMe, Sep 15, 2015
  8. CEL
    Cel Win User

The problem is i can't find this service. I've used msconfig to disable all of the 3rd party services and windows services one by one and eventually it appeared that a software called LCDHost is causing this issue. However it is linked to AIDA64 software which shares PC temperatures and to logitech software which controls my mouse and keyboard. Also killing those apps doesn't actually stop the high latency - only switching off mouse wireless receiver helps for a time which makes it unclear which app or hardware is to blame.

9. This is a really OLD thread, but I want to post a most probable solution here, so others with similar issues can find it.

Simply go to ASIO4ALL.com, download the latest software, install it and reboot.

in 99% (or even more) of cases this will fix all audio latency issues. If not, then the problem is much deeper in the system.

slicendice, Sep 20, 2017
  10. fireberd Win User
    ASIO4ALL is a Band-Aid and works for some not for others. If you have ASIO drivers for your device ALWAYS use them.
    I have a recording studio and the general consensus on most recording forums is to avoid it.

fireberd, Oct 14, 2017
  11. Most audio hardware does not have any ASIO drivers. That is included in professional software and hardware drivers. ASIO4ALL is a very good and FREE tool that I have been using ever since it was written. I can't even get my BT headset to receive HQ audio without ASIO4ALL. If one already have professional ASIO drivers, then there is no point in installing ASIO4ALL.

slicendice, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Sound stuttering and high latency from Wdf01000.sys and ACPI.sys - Similar Threads - Sound stuttering high

2. high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high dpc latency with following drivers: wdf01000.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, and rspll64.sys: I run my laptop for real-time audio processing, but after many optimizations I still get glitches, culprit drivers are :1- wdf01000.sys2- ntoskrnl.exe3- rspll64.sysAll 3 above drivers have very high dpc latency which is affecting the operation of my audio software.What can I...
  3. WDF01000.sys High latency on latencymon how to fix the problem

WDF01000.sys High latency on latencymon how to fix the problem: my pc built window 10 home 20h2 CPU:ryzen 5900x VGA:radeon vii lastest driver MB:Crosshair hero vii wi-fi lastest bios RAM: 32gb G.skill neo 3200 PSU:leadex II 850w gold HDD:m.2 500gb m.2 1TB WD BLACK 2 WD BLUE 1TB Power plan : ultimate performance...
  4. DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.

DPC latency, caused by wdf01000.sys latency.: Hi, I'm looking for a fix for this windows latency issue. I am experiencing high latency and interrupts due to windows drivers specifically "wdf01000.sys, kernal mode driver framework runtime." You can see this from the screenshot of the latency monitor check. [IMG]...
  5. Wdf01000.sys latency probelm

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wdf01000.sys latency probelm: Hi, I have a self-built PC Ryzen 5 1600, 8 Gb Ram, Radeon RX 470, 256Gb NVMe SSD on which Windows 10 Education Edition is running, 2 TB HDD for data storing and use a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen as my USB sound card for Audio Recording, Mixing and Mastering. I searched...
  6. High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys

High DPC Latency caused by wdf01000.sys: Hello, I am posting this regarding a problem that I ran across in my laptop at the beginning of august 2019, the problem is that I am getting high DPC Latency levels that are apparently caused by wdf01000.sys according to the latency checking program, latencymon. I really...
  7. Very High Latency issues caused by ndis.sys, Wdf01000.sys and dxgkrnl.sys

Very High Latency issues caused by ndis.sys, Wdf01000.sys and dxgkrnl.sys: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] This is my LatencyMon Log _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ CONCLUSION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Your...
  8. Wdf01000.sys system.service.exception

Wdf01000.sys system.service.exception: Hello, I have a MSI Ge70 pro apache with an operating system windows 10, after deleting malware with the ZHPcleaner software and restart my computer, I found myself in front of a blue screen which after analysis to restart the computer to have the Same blue screen with as...
  9. wdf01000.sys BSOD

wdf01000.sys BSOD: Hey, this is more of a question. My keyboard has been malfunctioning due to liquid damage, so to disable it I installed an incompatible keyboard/touchpad driver intentionally. The day after, I've been getting wdf01000.sys BSOD errors during startup, which brings me to a...
  10. wdf01000.sys system.service.exception

in Windows 10 Support
    wdf01000.sys system.service.exception: Hello, I have a MSI GE70 pro apache with an operating system windows 10, after removing the malware with ZHPcleaner software and restart my computer I found myself in front of a blue screen that after an analysise and restart The computer to have the blue Same screen with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wdf01000.sys latency

2. what does wdf01000.sys do

3. acpi.sys latency fix windows 10

4. wdf01000.sys high latency windows 10,
  5. wdf01000.sys latency solution