Windows 10: Sound turns off when I close the laptop

Discus and support Sound turns off when I close the laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, My HP ProBook Windows 10 laptop stops playing music from the Windows Media Player when I close the lid. I have gone into the control panel and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Trixie Reimer, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Sound turns off when I close the laptop

Hi,

My HP ProBook Windows 10 laptop stops playing music from the Windows Media Player when I close the lid. I have gone into the control panel and clicked do nothing when both unplugged and charging. The music continues playing when the laptop lid closes when it is is charging but not when it is unplugged.

Sound turns off when I close the laptop 7b608356-da79-49c2-9d20-0dc93636f747?upload=true.png

:)

Trixie Reimer, Jul 24, 2018

2. (SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jul 24, 2018
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Sound turns off when I close the laptop :p

cadaveca, Jul 24, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Sound turns off when I close the laptop

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Jul 24, 2018
Thema:

Sound turns off when I close the laptop

1. Sound turns off when I close the laptop - Similar Threads - Sound turns off

2. how to turn laptop off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn laptop off when closing lid: I have an acer laptop and I am running on windows 11. recently whenever I close the laptop lid it doesnt turn off and when I reopen it it doesnt ask for password. it used to turn off and ask for password before and I even checked the "what happens when I close the lid"...
  3. how to turn laptop off when closing lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn laptop off when closing lid: I have an acer laptop and I am running on windows 11. recently whenever I close the laptop lid it doesnt turn off and when I reopen it it doesnt ask for password. it used to turn off and ask for password before and I even checked the "what happens when I close the lid"...
  4. Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed: Hello, I am trying to get my headphones to stop automatically connecting to my laptop when the laptop is not in use lid is closed and laptop is sleeping. I DO NOT want to remove the device headphones from my computer because I went through the long process of turning off...
  5. Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn Off Bluetooth When Laptop Lid is Closed: Hello, I am trying to get my headphones to stop automatically connecting to my laptop when the laptop is not in use lid is closed and laptop is sleeping. I DO NOT want to remove the device headphones from my computer because I went through the long process of turning off...
  6. Laptop wont turn off when I close the lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Laptop wont turn off when I close the lid: Okay so, my computer needs a new battery and in order to see what type of battery we needed, we took the bottom off and looked to see what the battery was. We put the back back on noticing that there were a couple of screws missing but it still stays on. But the only issue...
  7. How do I stop the sound on my laptop turning off when I close the lid.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I stop the sound on my laptop turning off when I close the lid.: When I close my laptop all audio stops how can I stop this Windows 10 Education https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-stop-the-sound-on-my-laptop-turning-off/0978fc0e-5fd6-4f93-aa8e-4eb4cf89465e
  8. turn off laptop sleep when closing lid

turn off laptop sleep when closing lid: I have a Lenovo Ideapad 330 I want to use with a docking station with 2 monitors. How do I get the laptop to stop going into sleep mode when I close the lid....
  9. Not to turn off laptop when closing lid

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not to turn off laptop when closing lid: Where can I enable a feature that even if I close the lid on my laptop it doesn't go to sleep. I need this because I'm using an external monitor and it would be really convenient. submitted by /u/KvoDon [link] [comments]...
  10. Laptop turning off when closing lid

Laptop turning off when closing lid: Hi I've just set up my laptop and monitor via a docking station so I can work from home with a larger screen. however when I shut my laptop it seems to close down and therefore I can't project the screen. I know there is a way of stopping it from doing this but I've gone...