Windows 10: Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems

Discus and support Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I've got a problem with this and it's driving me nuts. Literally. At the moment i've got a new Soundblaster Z, and a Rode Podcaster (USB)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by devilish, Apr 25, 2016.

1. devilish Win User

Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems

Hi

I've got a problem with this and it's driving me nuts. Literally.

At the moment i've got a new Soundblaster Z, and a Rode Podcaster (USB) microphone. I do DJ'ing through winamp, SAM and the like - but as it stands I cannot play music and speak at the same time live.

I know this is an input problem, but I don't know how to solve it! I had a similar issue on an old laptop I had with an external USB X-fi, but this one doesn't want to know at all. I think i've tried everything.

In "Recording" in the Sound options i've got:
    - Rode Podcaster (Microphone) (default communication device)
    - Microphone (Soundblaster Z)
    - Digital In
    - What you hear (default device).

Normally What you hear is what it should be, as everything will play through it. But now it doesn't. They will both play independent of one another when either the Mic, or What you Hear is selected as default, but not as one.

There is a cable connected between the microphone (headphone socket) and the Mic/Line in socket on the Soundblaster Z, as well as being plugged into the USB.

Can anyone offer any suggestions to get them working together again?

Thanks!

:)

devilish, Apr 25, 2016

2. Microphone doesn't work

I have the exact version of the Insider Preview. 17074. And my microphone stopped working on this version.

I've also tried a couple of other microphones, analog and digital. And on the motherboard built-in soundcard, the external soundcard and on a usb headset.

Any help would be appreciated.

KristinnTJ, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Colin e1 Win User
    Computer can't tell difference between speakers and headphones

My computer is custom built, so the manufacturer's website is the manufacturer who made the soundcard. I could not find the soundcard on the manufacturer's website. I recently followed the advice of uninstalling the driver, then restarting the computer,
    but now the problem persists and my headphone's microphone does not work.

Colin e1, Apr 25, 2016
Thema:

Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems

1. Soundcard & Microphone Input Problems - Similar Threads - Soundcard Microphone Input

2. Problem with microphone input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with microphone input: Recently, when i try to use my mic it's simply not working and the input volume always at 100 its not decrease or fluctuate , i wonder if there are sonthing happen with my laptop or just the system. https://ibb.co/Fsqhzg8 here's the image...
  3. Problem with microphone input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with microphone input: Recently, when i try to use my mic it's simply not working and the input volume always at 100 its not decrease or fluctuate , i wonder if there are sonthing happen with my laptop or just the system. https://ibb.co/Fsqhzg8 here's the image...
  4. Problem with microphone input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input: Had a weird issue pop up. I've been using both a focusrite saffire 6 soundcard to use to live stream with OBS for a couple of years with no issues. All of a sudden the soundcard input now sounds like its coming from a microphone however its not picking up speaking / clapping...
  6. Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input: Had a weird issue pop up. I've been using both a focusrite saffire 6 soundcard to use to live stream with OBS for a couple of years with no issues. All of a sudden the soundcard input now sounds like its coming from a microphone however its not picking up speaking / clapping...
  7. Soundcard input somehow linked to Microphone - doesnt get "clean" input from soundcard input

8. No sound after plugging microphone into soundcard.

No sound after plugging microphone into soundcard.: Computer Specs: Dell Optiplex 990, running Windows 10Soundcard Specs: Creative Soundblaster Z SEMicrophone Specs: USB, plugged into a USB-to-3.5-Jack adaptor, so I can plug it into the soundcard.The mic worked "exactly okay" when it was just plugged in via usb, before I got...
  9. Microphone input problem

Microphone input problem: Hello,There seems to be a problem with the microphone, I have been using the phone for quite some time but I have to make a presentation this timeThe speaker output works perfectly fine.I have checked most of the trouble shooting info here but it doesn't seem to work. The...
  10. Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10

Problem with camera and microphone with external soundcard on windows 10: When I recorded my microphone via an external soundcard in my sound programe it works fine. But when I recorded with my computer camera and the microphone with the external soundcard there is some scratch in the sound....