Windows 10: Source file not found. "path". Verify that file exists...

Discus and support Source file not found. "path". Verify that file exists... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Swapped and old HDD with a new one, installed Windows 10 Pro (with Windows Media Creation Tool and bootable usb) and then these 2 problems appeared,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Charios, Apr 14, 2017.

1. Charios Win User

Source file not found. "path". Verify that file exists...

Swapped and old HDD with a new one, installed Windows 10 Pro (with Windows Media Creation Tool and bootable usb) and then these 2 problems appeared, which I think are tied together.After installing most of the essential apps without a hitch, I got an error when I tried installing VLC, some kind of NSIS error, and when I tried to install uTorrent, the installer was running idle in the background but nothing happened. Then I tried to install Sony Vegas and League of Legends and the error in the title appeared, both paths lead to app data.

https://i.imgur.com/BTEy61w.png

Now I've tried changing paths to a shorter ones, added SYSTEM in security tab and gave it full access, checked if thos files in destination paths weren't locked. Nothing worked.I've found a workaround:
    Code: net user administrator /active:yes[/quote] Both of those problems were solved by just installing them on this superadministrator account, but it's not my computer and it's a real pain to do this every time a program decides not to install.Is there a way to fix this ?

:)

Charios, Apr 14, 2017

2. My Windows 10 Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Fails With Error Message 0x800f0906

The RestoreHealth command fails with the message "The source files could not be found. Use The "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location see Configure a Windows Repair Source.
    The ScanHealth function reports it "found corrupted files that are repairable and "the operation completed successfully."

StephenPlunkett, Apr 14, 2017
  3. nevertry Win User
    "No music files found"

i get a error like you and i had solved it.

1.connect to your computer use cable

2.format your memory card by utility in your computer

3.format your memory card by utility in your nokia phone

4.copy your music and enjoy it

i might it can help you.

nevertry, Apr 14, 2017
Thema:

Source file not found. "path". Verify that file exists...

1. Source file not found. "path". Verify that file exists... - Similar Threads - Source file found

2. File path not found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File path not found: every time i try to install something from chrome it says this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-not-found/1932df6e-2068-4c52-8890-56abac99f819
  3. File path not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File path not found: every time i try to install something from chrome it says this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-path-not-found/1932df6e-2068-4c52-8890-56abac99f819
  4. File path not found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WindowsApps file path does not exist.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WindowsApps file path does not exist.: I cant remember where this started as I began using steam instead of the microsoft store for games, but recently since gamepass is continually releasing new games on PC, i decided to give it another shot. Whenever I download a game it goes smoothly. right to C: drive. But...
  6. DISM 'The source files could not be found’

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM 'The source files could not be found’: It gets irritating quite fast, when your system is not responding on a "mail open" or "open terminal" command. Press on a mail you want to open, and see Outlook start with "not responding". Do a right click on the terminal icon to open it as administrator and see nothing...
  7. Specified Path no found or exist

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Specified Path no found or exist: Whenever i reboot the windows it shows the following prompt/error.[ATTACH] This also happens whenever it tries to open apps installed from Microsoft Apps....
  8. source files could not be found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    source files could not be found: i can't enable dot net 3.5 and it results in an error saying that the component store is corrupted. So i used DISM scanhealth and it said that the component store can be repaired . But after using Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth it says source files could not be...
  9. Dism source files not found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dism source files not found: I have several problems on my pc and want fix win10 without reinstalling all apps. When I run: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth[/quote] I get Error 87. With: Code: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /CheckHealth[/quote] I get a message, that it can be...
  10. DISM - The source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM - The source files could not be found: Something is really screwed up with this image. Booting from an USB installation image indicates that it's already part way through an upgrade ???, and to remove the install media, then select 'yes', which then just boots back to the 0xc000021a error. I've now pulled...