Windows 10: Spacebar does not work

Discus and support Spacebar does not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Mycomputerwasunplugged.WhenIswitcheditonafter10days,itdidautomaticupdates,whichitwasnotsupposeto.Nowmyspacebarofmykeyboarddoesnotwork.Ihavenoticedalotof... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BarbsPA, Sep 16, 2019.

1. BarbsPA Win User

Spacebar does not work

Mycomputerwasunplugged.WhenIswitcheditonafter10days,itdidautomaticupdates,whichitwasnotsupposeto.Nowmyspacebarofmykeyboarddoesnotwork.Ihavenoticedalotofthesameproblemonyoursite,surelythisisawindows10problem.Pleasecorrectthis,orhelpmesolvetheproblem.Thisisrealyunacceptable

:)

BarbsPA, Sep 16, 2019
  2. AJRich Win User

Windows Key + Spacebar not working

Kathleen

Tried using SFC as you suggested and it went through all the steps successfully, but Windows key + Spacebar still doesn't work.

Looked at the link you gave and I see that one of the posts with a similar problem was using an HP Pavilion - same as me.

But it was the keyboard shortcut was working till the upgrade.

I've not tried Andre's suggestion yet.

AJRich, Sep 25, 2019
  3. spacebar not working after updates

I have the same problem after the Windows 10 update yesterday. Here's what I did to troubleshoot (to no avail):

• rebooted
    • used canned spray
    • pressed "shift" five times to make sure "sticky keys" was not enabled, it wasn't
    • enabled the OSK (onscreen keyboard) and the spacebar does work on it, just not on my laptop
    • pressed spacebar in several places, held it down,
    None of these "fixes" work. Short of getting a wireless keyboard, does anyone have a solution?

This is very frustrating.

AllyRoberts, Sep 25, 2019
  4. 8ighty2wo Win User

Spacebar does not work

Spacebar-not-working

For anyone else having this problem, I have to report my own problems with this and what fixed it for me. First off, the problem was on my HP laptop, as with other people experiencing this problem, my spacebar stopped working. I tried a few of the suggestions
    for fixing this problem after doing a quick google search on it but nothing worked. However, I discovered that if I pressed the spacebar down very, very hard it would still sometimes work, which made me realize it was not a driver problem but more of a connection
    problem, somehow.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, I finally fixed this issue by applying some mild pressure (with my hand) underneath of my laptop - at the area directly below where the spacebar is. As I pressed the area underneath, I also pressed the spacebar and finally,
    it worked! I don't understand how or why exactly it worked but as soon as the spacebar started working again, I no longer needed to keep applying the pressure from underneath, it has just stayed working ever since. Weird and unexpected, but it worked.

I recommend to anyone experiencing this problem to try this solution first as it's quick and easy and might save you a lot of time and stress. I spent hours searching for solutions and becoming very frustrated before I realized it was a connection issue
    and I guess the button was just not making proper contact with the circuit board underneath. Anyway, by doing this, I must have pressed things back into position.

Hope this helps someone.

8ighty2wo, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Spacebar does not work

1. Spacebar does not work - Similar Threads - Spacebar does

2. Weird Language Option when pressing WinKey + Spacebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Language Option when pressing WinKey + Spacebar: Hi, When I press the Windows-Key and Spacebar, I get this weird Language Option QAA, which changes my Keyboard-Layout completely. I have nowhere defined it and I have no Idea where it comes from. I neither could find a reference to it in the language settings nor in the...
  3. Weird Language Option when pressing WinKey + Spacebar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Language Option when pressing WinKey + Spacebar: Hi, When I press the Windows-Key and Spacebar, I get this weird Language Option QAA, which changes my Keyboard-Layout completely. I have nowhere defined it and I have no Idea where it comes from. I neither could find a reference to it in the language settings nor in the...
  4. i cannot use W, spacebar and press 2 at the same time, it doesnt let me until i stop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cannot use W, spacebar and press 2 at the same time, it doesnt let me until i stop...: i recently bought a pc back in august 2023 i never had this problem until recently i couldnt press W, spacebar and 2 until i released my hand from spacebar. this is really annoying me. any idea how to fix this?...
  5. i cannot use W, spacebar and press 2 at the same time, it doesnt let me until i stop...

i cannot use W, spacebar and press 2 at the same time, it doesnt let me until i stop...: i recently bought a pc back in august 2023 i never had this problem until recently i couldnt press W, spacebar and 2 until i released my hand from spacebar. this is really annoying me. any idea how to fix this?...
  6. My laptop spacebar is trying to do this:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop spacebar is trying to do this:: I don't really know what is happening, so I'm not really sure if I could give more details. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-spacebar-is-trying-to-do-this/8b15bd35-4881-46fc-9580-b721c2a6f303
  7. My laptop spacebar is trying to do this:

My laptop spacebar is trying to do this:: I don't really know what is happening, so I'm not really sure if I could give more details. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-spacebar-is-trying-to-do-this/8b15bd35-4881-46fc-9580-b721c2a6f303
  8. In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..

In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..: In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working please fix this issue whether it is hardware issue or software issue please confirm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-keyboard-ctrl-and-spacebar-keys-are-not/0981b857-431a-4560-a6a7-9a799ede357a
  9. In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working..: In my keyboard CTRL and spacebar keys are not working please fix this issue whether it is hardware issue or software issue please confirm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-my-keyboard-ctrl-and-spacebar-keys-are-not/0981b857-431a-4560-a6a7-9a799ede357a
  10. Keyboard does not recognize spacebar clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard does not recognize spacebar clicks: can you adjust keyboard sensitivity? * Moved from Mobile Devices * OS not specified https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-does-not-recognize-spacebar-clicks/a3fb7758-e906-4017-9e0e-5b1762b836eb