Windows 10: Spartan/Edge.. turning on spell check??

Discus and support Spartan/Edge.. turning on spell check?? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For some reason.. I can't find out how to turn that feature on in the latest build(10130).. any advice on how to turn spell check for Spartan/Edge... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by BunnyJ, Jun 9, 2015.

1. BunnyJ New Member

Spartan/Edge.. turning on spell check??

For some reason.. I can't find out how to turn that feature on in the latest build(10130).. any advice on how to turn spell check for Spartan/Edge would be nice.*Huh

TIA

:)

BunnyJ, Jun 9, 2015
  2. susanconn Win User

windows 10

I have one more question is the new browser in windows 10 Spartan or edge ..one microsoft agent said Spartan and the other said edge so im confused

susanconn, Jun 9, 2015
  3. DonP81 Win User
    Edge and MS Oultook 2013 will not connect to the internet

I do not understand the reference to the "Project Spartan Homepage". I can find several pages that talk about Project Spartan but don't know which might be the home page and can't find a "More Actions" icon.

After again clearing the cache from Ede, the next two times I turned on the machine I was able to connect to my email page and get mail. However when I turned it on a few minutes ago, it again failed to connect. After a "restart" it connected and all
    is well again.

Why would I have to keep clearing the cache in Edge when I rarely use it? Although it is set as the default browser I still use Firefox for just about everything. Edge only runs when I click on a link - all other activity is done in Firefox.

DonP81, Jun 9, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

isnt it on the speech/text settings? id guezs it would go for whole windows

batlhilz, Jun 16, 2015
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Could be .. but I would have thought it would have been an option for Edge. But thanks for the suggestion. I'll check that out today.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jun 16, 2015
  6. Frank1 Win User
    I found it. Open Settings and in the box at the top right, type in the word spell. Then on the left you will see a place to turn it on.

Frank1, Jul 2, 2015
  7. cant see where to turn it on in settings

shakennstirred, Jun 22, 2016
  8. BunnyJ New Member

It should be on by default.

BunnyJ, Jun 22, 2016
  9. Im not getting any spell checking in edge since upgrading to win 10 preview 14366

shakennstirred, Jun 23, 2016
  10. BunnyJ New Member
    I'll switch back to the insider build and check that out in a bit.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Jun 23, 2016
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    Spellll check test..

Well.. it did mark that word as incorrect.

BunnyJ, Jun 23, 2016
  12. Spellll check test..
    not here it didnt lol

shakennstirred, Jun 23, 2016
  13. Cliff S New Member

Spartan/Edge.. turning on spell check?? [​IMG]

And spell with 3 L's auto corrected for me, most words do, which is a pain when I write German, or a mix of both English & German.
    For a list, go to the right of the word, right click, and swipe left.

Cliff S, Jun 23, 2016
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    For me this was a one time issue with only one build. Since that build things are working fine and I don't know where the settings are.. still.

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Spartan/Edge.. turning on spell check?? - Similar Threads - Spartan Edge turning

2. spell check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check: When typing and I misspell a word and I right click on it to get the correct spelling it has stopped showing me choices. It has always given me several words to choose from and then pops them in when I make a choice. How do I get this feature back again?...
  3. Spell check won't turn off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Spell check won't turn off: When I use certain programs (such as Evernote and WhatsApp Web) that don't have their own spell check feature but instead use Windows' spell check, any (perceived to be) misspelled words are highlighted with the well known red squiggly line. It's annoying as very often the...
  4. Spell check won't turn off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell check won't turn off: When I use certain programs such as Evernote and WhatsApp Web that don't have their own spell check feature but instead use Windows' spell check, any perceived to be misspelled words are highlighted with the well known red squiggly line. It's annoying as very often the things...
  5. Can't turn off spell check

Can't turn off spell check: I've noticed that in programs such as Steam or things I use for modding games, that a spell check is active. It uses my native language Dutch. No matter what I do, I can't turn this off. It makes things hard to read, when almost every word has a red line under it. I went to...
  6. Spell Check

Spell Check: Spell Check does not work in my Gmail,in web browser. Any help would be appreciated. I don't know much about computers. Note,Spell Check DOES work on this Microsoft Community forum! Thanks, A.W....
  7. Spell Check

Spell Check: Hello, My Spell Check is not working on Windows 10. I need help,please step by step details,please,as I am not good with computers. Thanks, A.W. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/5d67117c-2067-4e12-acf7-edf6a9552006
  8. Spell Check

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Spell Check: Is spell check available in Word Pad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/268af303-8218-4222-8446-e3887d89bf55"
  9. spell check

spell check: I went to documents , word pad and cant find spell check. a ideas? thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check/ad261a61-5836-4e22-a9fe-0d92381deb53
  10. Spartan/Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan/Edge: Is the name of the new browser Spartan or is it Edge? 7255