Windows 10: Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing

Discus and support Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; As it says... I often need to highlight a section of text in a web page and then look it up using Bing. Is this doable ? 7115 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mooly, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Mooly Win User

Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing

As it says... I often need to highlight a section of text in a web page and then look it up using Bing.

Is this doable ?

:)

Mooly, Jun 15, 2015

2. No more "Search" on highlighted text?

This is very disappointing. I find it hard to believe that Microsoft would inhibit search, given the investment in Bing. And the major investment Microsoft made in touch interface technology is great... except for in the internet browser??? What?

There are now three key reasons to use Google Chrome instead of Edge:

1. The ability to search on highlighted text

2. The ability to use touch to navigate

3. The availability of Adblock

JoelSchoenberg, Jun 15, 2015
  3. Jimn2 Win User
    Highlight, Seach on Edge?

I followed the reset instructions and it still does not work. Maybe the issue was not understood. I can highlight text but when I right click on the highlighted text to bring up the pop up window that allows me to search it is not there. It only allows
    me to copy?!? IN Internet Explorer the pop up window provides me with the ability to search the internet for the highlighted text among many other things it allows in the pop up window.

Jimn2, Jun 15, 2015
Thema:

Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing

1. Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing - Similar Threads - Spartan I'm missing

2. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Highlights icon on search bar missing: Hello to all,I've been having issues with my search bar icon and Bing highlights. After an update on my laptop, which was stuck in 100% and could not move, I turned on and off my laptop to "prevent" the update from taking a long time and not wanting to proceed. On the next...
  3. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Highlights icon on search bar missing: Hello to all,I've been having issues with my search bar icon and Bing highlights. After an update on my laptop, which was stuck in 100% and could not move, I turned on and off my laptop to "prevent" the update from taking a long time and not wanting to proceed. On the next...
  4. Search Highlights icon on search bar missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Search Highlights and Bing Button Not showing in search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Highlights and Bing Button Not showing in search: So, this is another issue that has happened me after I reseted my laptop. Now search highlights aint showing, its enable on both group policy and registry but it isn't appearing. I went to the secret administrator account and it appears there. Idk how to fix this issue. Im...
  6. Search Highlights and Bing Button Not showing in search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search Highlights and Bing Button Not showing in search: So, this is another issue that has happened me after I reseted my laptop. Now search highlights aint showing, its enable on both group policy and registry but it isn't appearing. I went to the secret administrator account and it appears there. Idk how to fix this issue. Im...
  7. BING page lost during search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    BING page lost during search: When I select a search result using BING it opens a new tab as well as changes the BING page to the page being searched for now I have two of the same searched page losing the BING page How do I stop losing the BING page?...
  8. highlighting text

highlighting text: i cannot highlight text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/highlighting-text/4fb85490-8e25-4846-9b6e-63123bc04d65
  9. Highlighting text

Highlighting text: I want to highlight some text in an existing email so that I can copy it and reuse it. But the cursor has changed to a hand symbol - not the usual arrow - and it won't let me highlight. How can I restore it to the normal configuration?...
  10. Bing photo search missing

in Cortana
    Bing photo search missing: When I open a photo using Photos I no longer have the option to search using Bing. How can I fix this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-photo-search-missing/ba94726c-c03e-4f9e-996b-03ac3ecc990c