Windows 10: Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing

Discus and support Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; As it says... I often need to highlight a section of text in a web page and then look it up using Bing. Is this doable ? 7115 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Mooly, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Mooly Win User

Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing

As it says... I often need to highlight a section of text in a web page and then look it up using Bing.

Is this doable ?

:)

Mooly, Jun 15, 2015

2. No more "Search" on highlighted text?

This is very disappointing. I find it hard to believe that Microsoft would inhibit search, given the investment in Bing. And the major investment Microsoft made in touch interface technology is great... except for in the internet browser??? What?

There are now three key reasons to use Google Chrome instead of Edge:

1. The ability to search on highlighted text

2. The ability to use touch to navigate

3. The availability of Adblock

JoelSchoenberg, Jun 15, 2015
  3. Jimn2 Win User
    Highlight, Seach on Edge?

I followed the reset instructions and it still does not work. Maybe the issue was not understood. I can highlight text but when I right click on the highlighted text to bring up the pop up window that allows me to search it is not there. It only allows
    me to copy?!? IN Internet Explorer the pop up window provides me with the ability to search the internet for the highlighted text among many other things it allows in the pop up window.

Jimn2, Jun 15, 2015
Thema:

Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing

1. Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing - Similar Threads - Spartan I'm missing

2. Text/Highlight Menu Colour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text/Highlight Menu Colour: Hi, First off can I say many thanks to the Guys here who helped me getting back into Windows 10. I am now running Windows 10 1903 and one very small change I have noticed is that when I do a right click on a menu the text highlight is a white/cream colour (Image below) which...
  3. Bing delivers text-to-speech, intelligent answers, and visual search

in Windows 10 News
    Bing delivers text-to-speech, intelligent answers, and visual search: At NVIDIA’s GPU Technology Conference this week, Bing demonstrated natural sounding text-to-speech AI, expanded intelligent answers, and the ability to quickly see multiple objects auto-detected within an image to search for visual matches. All these features help you find...
  4. Highlighting documents/ texts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Highlighting documents/ texts: Hi Somehow my setting got changed and I am now NOT able to hightlight text. I use the left click and the mouse pad on my laptop won't move to highlight. What to do?...
  5. Bing search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search: How do I search information in France from the Bing search engine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bing-search/5b7ae6e0-5a1c-4699-aad6-74d7d1e02b7d
  6. Bing Search Engine

Bing Search Engine: I use Bing daily in Firefox (Edge is too cantankerous for me). Since this morning, when I type something in search, the first results are obscured by the search bar. I can't scroll up any further, but can scroll down to less qualifying results. I've made no changes to my...
  7. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard in the "Top Sites" page when you open a new Tab, while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address...
  8. Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Search Bar in Edge's New Tab page: Good day, For some reason the Bing Search bar appeard on the New Tab page while there wasn't a search bar before. I don't know what the trigger is, perhaps Windows updates. I have even chosen Google as the standers search engine in the address bar itself. I remember this...
  9. Bing search engine

in Browsers and Email
    Bing search engine: Can someone please help me? I have just registered on here, at the suggestion of someone from Firefox help forums. I am a senior person (still working) I have some pc knowledge, but not to technical especially with in depth stuff. My problem is I have FF as my default...
  10. Bing Home Page ?

in Browsers and Email
    Bing Home Page ?: Is this new on the Bing home page or has it been there for awhile? When you move your mouse on the web page a popup shows telling you about the Pic and a link to more pics. [img] 38333