Windows 10: Spartan now will be branded "Edge"

Discus and support Spartan now will be branded "Edge" in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; New name for Spartan broswer... Microsoft announced the oficial name of its new browser during the opening day of its Build 2015 show. [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by f14tomcat, Apr 28, 2015.

1. f14tomcat Win User

Spartan now will be branded "Edge"

Source: Microsoft's new browser: It's 'Edge' | ZDNet

See also: Microsoft Edge is the browser for Windows 10

:)

f14tomcat, Apr 28, 2015
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Apr 28, 2015
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Spartan now will be branded "Edge" :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Spartan now will be branded "Edge" :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Spartan now will be branded "Edge" :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Spartan now will be branded "Edge" :)

musum, Apr 28, 2015
  4. z3r010 Win User

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) date

z3r010, Apr 28, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    Changing the name will not make it better. That logo reminds me of the hammer & sicle used by The Soviet Union.

Spartan now will be branded "Edge" [​IMG]

6. f14tomcat Win User
    Be nice, Dr. House.....

f14tomcat, Apr 28, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    OK , I am but that is what it reminded me of. I did not mean to offend anyone.

8. f14tomcat Win User

Just joking with ya! Actually, looks a bit like the logo has a duck-tail haircut!

f14tomcat, Apr 28, 2015
  9. Microsoft Edge = ME ........ mmmm, sounds familiar, I hope it performs well.

kingstonian, Apr 28, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    Yes I know, BTW did you fly Tomcats? I used to live in Maryland.

11. Winuser Win User
    I wonder how long MS will be allowed to use the name Edge?

Winuser, Apr 28, 2015
  12. f14tomcat Win User
    Yeah, Henry Ford just rolled over in his grave!

f14tomcat, Apr 28, 2015
  13. Gary Win User

They have an entire building full of Lawyers. Probably forever.

14. z3r010 Win User
    You would think after the Skydrive thing they have looked at all their major product names very closely before release.

z3r010, Apr 28, 2015
  15. Brink
    Brink New Member
Thema:

1. Spartan now will be branded "Edge" - Similar Threads - Spartan branded Edge

2. Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan: The latest build 10049 has an early version of Spartan. I found it strange that when I enable the favorites bar, it shows what I had on my chrome install, not IE. The favorites bar is also cutoff. I think I was confused on the chrome thing*Redface [img] 5048
  3. Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?

in Browsers and Email
    Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?: Is it possible to add accelerators to Edge such as 'Translate' ? The two things I miss most are the ability to swipe a word and use 'Bing search' to look it up, and alsothe ability to swipe and 'Translate' using Bing. 7316
  4. Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan: Can anyone tell me how to set a homepage in 10130 please. Also, how do I get a Google shortcut on to the desktop. These seem stupid questions but I honestly don't know*Sad 7097
  5. Spartan/Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan/Edge: Is the name of the new browser Spartan or is it Edge? 7255
  6. Spartan/Edge.. turning on spell check??

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan/Edge.. turning on spell check??: For some reason.. I can't find out how to turn that feature on in the latest build(10130).. any advice on how to turn spell check for Spartan/Edge would be nice.*Huh TIA 6929
  7. Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan: I installed Windows 10 10049 and Spartan is not there. Is there anyway to fix that? 5196
  8. Opening Multiple Favorites in Spartan/Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Opening Multiple Favorites in Spartan/Edge: Has anyone found a method to open multiple favorites in Spartan/Edge? IE always has had the ability to right click a favorites folder and choose the option to open all favorites in the folder at once. I have yet to see any discussion or find a method to do so. Perhaps it just...
  9. Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan

in Browsers and Email
    Learning to use Edge (Project Spartan: I am using Build 10074. How do I pin a website to the Start Screen? In Win 8.1 Internet Explorer, I could "Add site to Apps", then pin it to Start. How do I do this with Edge? 5905
  10. Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge: OK, maybe I am missing something......but why if I stop Windows firewall, does it stop Spartan/Edge from being started!?. If Spartan is running and then I stop Windows firewall, Spartan continues to function - until I close it and then try to restart. I only ask as I use...