Windows 10: Spartan

Discus and support Spartan in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Can anyone tell me how to set a homepage in 10130 please. Also, how do I get a Google shortcut on to the desktop. These seem stupid questions but I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by qldaussie, Jun 14, 2015.

1. qldaussie Win User

Spartan

Can anyone tell me how to set a homepage in 10130 please.
    Also, how do I get a Google shortcut on to the desktop. These seem stupid questions but I honestly don't know*Sad

:)

qldaussie, Jun 14, 2015

2. Will Windows 10 have Internet Explorer?

IE is still included in windows 10 BUT it is being retired and replaced with project spartan. Spartan is set to be the default browser in win 10 and it can import all of IE's favs bookmarks, etc.

I suspect there will be some gowning pains in getting used to Spartan.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jun 14, 2015
  3. susanconn Win User
    windows 10

I have one more question is the new browser in windows 10 Spartan or edge ..one microsoft agent said Spartan and the other said edge so im confused

susanconn, Jun 14, 2015
  4. JimWiz1 Win User

Spartan

Hi qldaussie, in the new browser EDGE (Spartan) click the three dots, upper right corner, under the close X. At the bottom of the flyout menu is a setting selection. Change the Bing to Custom and type the url you want as homepage.
    Live long and Prosper,

JimWiz1, Jun 15, 2015
  5. qldaussie Win User
    Thanks for that JimWiz1

qldaussie, Jun 15, 2015
  6. Mooly Win User
    +1 Thanks Jim. I've now been able to set Spartan to open with three tabs, my outlook email as a home page and then Bing and Google as extra tabs.

Mooly, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Spartan

1. Spartan - Similar Threads - Spartan

2. My laptop keyboard won't work with Halo: Spartan Strike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard won't work with Halo: Spartan Strike: When I saw there was a Halo game available for windows 10 I was very excited. I originally cam across Halo: Spartan Assault and played the demo. I enjoyed it but saw that it was quite old so I looked for a newer version. I then found Halo: Spartan Strike and saw that it was...
  3. laptop key's dont work for halo spartan strike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop key's dont work for halo spartan strike: how do i get this game to work on my laptop? the weird thing is that the older game spartan **** works on my laptop. I want to play spartan strike....
  4. Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing: As it says... I often need to highlight a section of text in a web page and then look it up using Bing. Is this doable ? 7115
  5. How do i change what the address bar searches with in Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How do i change what the address bar searches with in Spartan?: I'm a avid chrome user but totally keen and excited to give Spartan a go, but I'm drawing the line at using Bing as the default search engine via the address bar. Anyone know how I can change this? Ive gone into the settings on Spartan but its greyed out and wont let me...
  6. Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?

in Browsers and Email
    Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?: Is it possible to add accelerators to Edge such as 'Translate' ? The two things I miss most are the ability to swipe a word and use 'Bing search' to look it up, and alsothe ability to swipe and 'Translate' using Bing. 7316
  7. Spartan/Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan/Edge: Is the name of the new browser Spartan or is it Edge? 7255
  8. How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE

in Browsers and Email
    How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE: Hi, We have developed one website. which is working properly in IE 7,8 ,10 but in Spartan it is not viewing properly. We want to use Project spartan UI. Without using option "Open in Internet Explorer" which is available in Project Spartan. Kinldy suggest how to view...
  9. No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?: Can't find an option to import bookmarks in Spartan. Please let me know if I am missing it. Thanks. 7307
  10. Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge: OK, maybe I am missing something......but why if I stop Windows firewall, does it stop Spartan/Edge from being started!?. If Spartan is running and then I stop Windows firewall, Spartan continues to function - until I close it and then try to restart. I only ask as I use...