Windows 10: Spartan

Discus and support Spartan in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Some observations: - the scroll bar track is translucent, and - if you idle your cursor, wait for the scroll bar to disappear, then scroll again... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Dude, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Edwin New Member

Spartan

Some observations:

- the scroll bar track is translucent, and
    - if you idle your cursor, wait for the scroll bar to disappear, then scroll again without moving your cursor, the scroll bar becomes thin and trackless.
    - moving your cursor over a video, (YouTube for starters), it stutters like crazy unless you turn off the Flash Player in settings and go HTML
    - media will NOT keep playing with Spartan minimized to the taskbar.
    - YouTube videos don't actually go full screen.

Edwin, Apr 1, 2015
  2. Wynona Win User

Normally, in Windows 10, I can right click on an app and then click on "Open File Location", and add it to my Quick Launch Bar, but when I try that with Spartan, it just will not work. I get Unpin from Start, Pin to Taskbar and Uninstall; no way to Open File Location so I can pin it to QL. *Sad

Sooooooo, I searched for and finally found Spartan (Microsoft seems to want to hide everything from me!). There are three "applications", Spartan (with a little green and white box), Spartan Edge (with an open globe) and Spartan Legacy (with an open globe). So I pinned them one at the time to Quick Launch, and one after the other, they refused to open Spartan for me!

Secondly, I cannot find any setting to make Spartan my default browser so I can actually test it. So far, the only way to open Spartan is from that joke of a Start Menu. *Sad It won't even open when I click on the three apps!

Going into Internet Options (which I can't seem to find in Spartan), it shows that every page is set up to open in IE. IOW, if I click on a link in one of the posts here, IE instead of Spartan will be opened and will then take me to where I want to go. How'm I gonna test!?

Wynona, Apr 2, 2015
  3. Edwin New Member
    Wynona:

Open a 'Run' box, type: shell:appsfolder then Enter, look for Project Spartan, right click on it and choose 'Create Shortcut', should be on your desktop, rename it to whatever you wish, cut and paste it into your quick launch folder.

Spartan [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 2, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Spartan

Set Spartan as your default browser in Control Panel/Default Programs/Set your default programs/Project Spartan/Set this program as default/OK

Edwin, Apr 2, 2015
  5. adamf Win User
    You have to set "Project Spartan" as default (not "Spartan"). EDIT - Beaten to it by Edwin *Smile

Spartan [​IMG]

adamf, Apr 2, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    You provided the visuals! *Wink

Edwin, Apr 2, 2015
  7. Winuser Win User
    Noticed a few problems with Spartan's reader view. Reader view doesn't work on all web pages. Some times it doesn't show all the post. It caused me to lose my browsing history so I couldn't use the forward/backwards arrows. I have been testing in TenForums.

Winuser, Apr 2, 2015
  8. Winuser Win User

Spartan

I found another bug in Spartan. I can't change the printer settings under More settings in Spartan.

Winuser, Apr 2, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    It's important to differentiate between "Bug" and "Not Implemented yet". Many features you might expect in a finished product aren't yet implemented, or fully implemented. That doesn't mean they're a bug, it just means they haven't got to finishing that feature yet.

Mystere, Apr 2, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    This paragraph need to be made into a "sticky" because it sums up everything Technical Preview.

Cliff S, Apr 2, 2015
  11. Winuser Win User
    When I click on the Downloads arrow I get the message "Soon, this will be the place to see what your downloading. We'll give you an update when things are ready, but until then, go to File Explorer>Downloads" . That's because it isn't implemented yet. When I go to the More setting option under printers it let's me make the changes it just won't let me save and print. I consider this a bug because there is no message stating that this feature will be added later. I really don't care what you call it.

Winuser, Apr 2, 2015
  12. badrobot Win User
    Doodling (with Wacom pen and tablet) on Spartan is a little bit smoother after the clean install.

Spartan [​IMG]

badrobot, Apr 2, 2015
  13. jimbo45 Win User

Spartan

Hi there

Another bug I think -- you can't set to "Compatibility mode" == this means that you can't for example copy the URL from a site and post it into a post on the forum when adding to a thread.

(In IE11 on build 10041 I had to switch to compatibility mode to get URL's to be able to copy and paste into Forum Posts).

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 3, 2015
  14. badrobot Win User
    Yeah. I was just about to post that. When you paste a URL, it kind of freezes for a bit. And when it did, it goes somewhere else. Not where you pasted it.

badrobot, Apr 3, 2015
  15. and that it disappears if you wait for a few seconds without any mouse actions.

Slartybart, Apr 3, 2015
Thema:

Spartan

1. Spartan - Similar Threads - Spartan

2. My laptop keyboard won't work with Halo: Spartan Strike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard won't work with Halo: Spartan Strike: When I saw there was a Halo game available for windows 10 I was very excited. I originally cam across Halo: Spartan Assault and played the demo. I enjoyed it but saw that it was quite old so I looked for a newer version. I then found Halo: Spartan Strike and saw that it was...
  3. laptop key's dont work for halo spartan strike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop key's dont work for halo spartan strike: how do i get this game to work on my laptop? the weird thing is that the older game spartan **** works on my laptop. I want to play spartan strike....
  4. Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing: As it says... I often need to highlight a section of text in a web page and then look it up using Bing. Is this doable ? 7115
  5. How do i change what the address bar searches with in Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How do i change what the address bar searches with in Spartan?: I'm a avid chrome user but totally keen and excited to give Spartan a go, but I'm drawing the line at using Bing as the default search engine via the address bar. Anyone know how I can change this? Ive gone into the settings on Spartan but its greyed out and wont let me...
  6. Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?

in Browsers and Email
    Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?: Is it possible to add accelerators to Edge such as 'Translate' ? The two things I miss most are the ability to swipe a word and use 'Bing search' to look it up, and alsothe ability to swipe and 'Translate' using Bing. 7316
  7. Spartan/Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan/Edge: Is the name of the new browser Spartan or is it Edge? 7255
  8. How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE

in Browsers and Email
    How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE: Hi, We have developed one website. which is working properly in IE 7,8 ,10 but in Spartan it is not viewing properly. We want to use Project spartan UI. Without using option "Open in Internet Explorer" which is available in Project Spartan. Kinldy suggest how to view...
  9. No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?: Can't find an option to import bookmarks in Spartan. Please let me know if I am missing it. Thanks. 7307
  10. Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge: OK, maybe I am missing something......but why if I stop Windows firewall, does it stop Spartan/Edge from being started!?. If Spartan is running and then I stop Windows firewall, Spartan continues to function - until I close it and then try to restart. I only ask as I use...