Windows 10: Spartan

Discus and support Spartan in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Using Project Spartan full time, turned off IE 11 in Windows Features Control Panel -> Internet Options to add missing depth in Spartan Settings... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Dude, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Spartan

Using Project Spartan full time, turned off IE 11 in Windows Features

Control Panel -> Internet Options to add missing depth in Spartan Settings

Spartan has changed from a mixed browser to a brand new beast using only the Trident engine- creating it was a monumental task, ripping out the legacy stuff is causing a lot of transitional issues.

Give it a chance to settle down - later this month it should be much better.

Two slow ring releases from now and it better be much better, or Win10 will ship with IE 11.

Slartybart, Apr 3, 2015
  2. badrobot Win User

I don't think Spartan will support ad-block add-ons.

Spartan [​IMG]

badrobot, Apr 3, 2015
  3. Wynona Win User
    Thanks, Edwin. I've only used this a few times; I don't have too many conflicting programs on my computer(s), so I rarely go there. IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc. all ask me to make them my default when I open them. Hopefully Spartan will too.

Wynona, Apr 3, 2015
  4. Wynona Win User

Spartan

I do it the old fashioned way because I usually want to save and maybe print later when I get time to read it.

I highlight all the data I want to print, Ctrl C (copy), open Word, Ctrl V (paste) and then print it or save it.

Wynona, Apr 3, 2015
  5. Wynona Win User
    Thanks Adam. I sometimes need to look at what I'm doing in order to understand it. *Smile So, this is good and hopefully will help more folks than myself.

Wynona, Apr 3, 2015
  6. Winuser Win User
    I was just testing out Spartan. Printing does works in Spartan. I wanted to try out 2 sided printing.

Winuser, Apr 3, 2015
  7. Wynona Win User
    It won't print on both sides!? That's a real deal breaker for me, because I put what I may need to refer to later into a notebook, and I don't want to fatten it up any more than I have to.

So, I'll just continue on with putting it in Word until it will let me print on both sides.

Wynona, Apr 3, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Spartan

When using IE11 in Windows 8 & 10TP one doesn't need an ad-blocker. It's sufficient to just make sure all filtering is turned on, and tracking protection is enabled(I personally recommend Stop Google Tracking and PrivacyChoice) and that Flash Player is set click-to-play. As long as Spartan supports these, an ad blocker would only slow down/conflict with the system anyhow, from my experience.
    One other thing IE is good at remembering the settings I use for each of my bookmarks, such as what filtering is turned off where, so my favorite trusted sites can pay their server fees*Biggrin.

Cliff S, Apr 3, 2015
  9. Mystere Win User
    Not a bug. Spartan will not support Compatibility mode. In fact, that's one reason it's so fast and uses much less memory. It drops all backwards compatibility functions.

Mystere, Apr 3, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Update to my post(#96):
    from NeoWin:
    Source

Cliff S, Apr 3, 2015
  11. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    OK but until websites (some) get updated then it means you might need more than one browser so I assume that IE will still be available even after Spartan finally is released properly.

I'm glad that the Favourites issue has already been mentioned that it's a known bug and will be fixed (can't order favourites etc - previously mentioned in people's previous posts).

As a fast browser it currently seems to do the job - I'll try NETFLIX and SKY GO over Easter --wonder how it will handle Silverlight / DRM video content.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 3, 2015
  12. Edwin New Member
    Giving up using Spartan as default in it's present state. Looks promising but it's got the same annoying quirks IE has.
    Fooling around with it is fine but, it's not workin for me.
    It'll get better, (hopefully!)

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Spartan

1. Spartan - Similar Threads - Spartan

2. My laptop keyboard won't work with Halo: Spartan Strike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keyboard won't work with Halo: Spartan Strike: When I saw there was a Halo game available for windows 10 I was very excited. I originally cam across Halo: Spartan Assault and played the demo. I enjoyed it but saw that it was quite old so I looked for a newer version. I then found Halo: Spartan Strike and saw that it was...
  3. laptop key's dont work for halo spartan strike

in Windows 10 Gaming
    laptop key's dont work for halo spartan strike: how do i get this game to work on my laptop? the weird thing is that the older game spartan **** works on my laptop. I want to play spartan strike....
  4. Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan. I'm missing ability to highlight page text to search via Bing: As it says... I often need to highlight a section of text in a web page and then look it up using Bing. Is this doable ? 7115
  5. How do i change what the address bar searches with in Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    How do i change what the address bar searches with in Spartan?: I'm a avid chrome user but totally keen and excited to give Spartan a go, but I'm drawing the line at using Bing as the default search engine via the address bar. Anyone know how I can change this? Ive gone into the settings on Spartan but its greyed out and wont let me...
  6. Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?

in Browsers and Email
    Accelerators in Edge/Spartan. Possible to add them ?: Is it possible to add accelerators to Edge such as 'Translate' ? The two things I miss most are the ability to swipe a word and use 'Bing search' to look it up, and alsothe ability to swipe and 'Translate' using Bing. 7316
  7. Spartan/Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Spartan/Edge: Is the name of the new browser Spartan or is it Edge? 7255
  8. How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE

in Browsers and Email
    How to view older website in Project Spartan without using IE: Hi, We have developed one website. which is working properly in IE 7,8 ,10 but in Spartan it is not viewing properly. We want to use Project spartan UI. Without using option "Open in Internet Explorer" which is available in Project Spartan. Kinldy suggest how to view...
  9. No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?

in Browsers and Email
    No way to import bookmarks in Spartan?: Can't find an option to import bookmarks in Spartan. Please let me know if I am missing it. Thanks. 7307
  10. Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows firewall & Spartan/Edge: OK, maybe I am missing something......but why if I stop Windows firewall, does it stop Spartan/Edge from being started!?. If Spartan is running and then I stop Windows firewall, Spartan continues to function - until I close it and then try to restart. I only ask as I use...