Windows 10: Spatial Sound greyed out when using Realtek Audio drivers

Discus and support Spatial Sound greyed out when using Realtek Audio drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; IS there any way to enable Spatial Sound using Realtek drivers? It works when using High Definition Audio Driver from Microsoft.. 106793 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hristcroix, Mar 25, 2018.

1. Spatial Sound greyed out when using Realtek Audio drivers

IS there any way to enable Spatial Sound using Realtek drivers? It works when using High Definition Audio Driver from Microsoft..

:)

hristcroix, Mar 25, 2018
  2. paulo1470 Win User

Spatial sound is not available on this device

Hi Michelle,

Sorry for my late response. The answer to your questions re as follows:

1. It has been recurring. I tried reinstalling the driver as prompted by the audio troubleshooter. The spatial sound option would be available after reinstalling the driver. It then disappears the next time I use of my pc. Tried this process a few times
    but the result is always the same.

2. There was no error message. At the spatial sound tab, it says "Spatial sound is not available on this device". The option to select None, Windows sonic and dolby atmos for headphones are greyd out.

3. I have updated my driver. it is the latest available update from Lenovo support.

Driver provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.

Driver date: 07/03/2017

Driver version: 6.0.1.8083

I hope my answers help solve this problem.

Regards,

Paulo

paulo1470, Mar 25, 2018
  3. Spatial sounds

I am having the same problem with the latest version of Windows 10. When I click on the sound icon and hover over spatial sounds it says off and I can't click on windows sonic for headphones or click on
    Dolby atmos for headphones and when I go to playback and click on the speakers (realtek surround audio controller) and go to properties and click on spatial sounds and than click on off it shows nothing but, off.

I have spent HOURS searching the web, Realtek, Microsoft, and Dell support sites with no success! Does anyone have a solution?

John VMerle, Mar 25, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Spatial Sound greyed out when using Realtek Audio drivers

I was able to enable "Windows Sonic For Headphones" Spatial Sound with my Realtek audio.
    Right click on the sound icon in the Notification area and that was an option.

fireberd, Mar 25, 2018
  5. May I know the driver version you have? Also, I have WavesMaxAudio on my laptop, it comes pre installed on it.. Do you think this conflict with spatial option?

hristcroix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Spatial Sound greyed out when using Realtek Audio drivers

1. Spatial Sound greyed out when using Realtek Audio drivers - Similar Threads - Spatial Sound greyed

2. Spatial Sound greyed out in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spatial Sound greyed out in Windows 11: Recently bought a new pair of headphones so wanted to try out the dolby atmos but the spatial sound option has been greyed out in settings. Moreover, if I try to select windows sonic or dolby atmos in headphones settings, the option automatically switches to "Off". Kindly...
  3. Spatial Sound greyed out in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spatial Sound greyed out in Windows 11: Recently bought a new pair of headphones so wanted to try out the dolby atmos but the spatial sound option has been greyed out in settings. Moreover, if I try to select windows sonic or dolby atmos in headphones settings, the option automatically switches to "Off". Kindly...
  4. Windows 11, Spatial Sound greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Spatial Sound greyed out: Hello, on my laptop Asus G14 2022 I was using Dolby Atmos for my speakers. Suddenly after turning it off for a moment, whole "Spatial Sound" section became greyed out and it's not allowing to select anything thereI have already tried going to Device Manager and completely...
  5. Windows 11, Spatial Sound greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Spatial Sound greyed out: Hello, on my laptop Asus G14 2022 I was using Dolby Atmos for my speakers. Suddenly after turning it off for a moment, whole "Spatial Sound" section became greyed out and it's not allowing to select anything thereI have already tried going to Device Manager and completely...
  6. Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Spatial Sound Option Is Greyed Out: Hello, I am running a Windows 10 pc and I frequently play games however I have never had surround sound even though I know it is enabled on my headset. I recently figured out that the issue was with spatial sound itself not being on. My windows is activated and I have tried...
  7. Dolby, DTS and Spatial Sound greyed out

Dolby, DTS and Spatial Sound greyed out: Following a recent issue. I had to do a fresh install of Win 10. Following that said install, settings for Dolby, DTS and Spatial Sound are completely greyed out. I had access to all of them as I do have the hardware requirements met. I believe it could be just a matter of...
  8. Spatial Sound greyed out :

Spatial Sound greyed out :: Ehh recently I tried other laptops it had Dolby atmos so it felt way better to have those Then I heard about something called windows sonic for headphones and it gave surround sound experience so I thought I would give it a try but it is greyed out...
  9. Realtek audio: can't *disable* spatial sound ???

Realtek audio: can't *disable* spatial sound ???: My system is a brand new DELL Precision 5530 workstation (pro version of the popular XPS 15). Without entering too much into the technical details and symptoms, after long and careful testing, I have good reasons to believe that my Realtek audio device is always using...
  10. Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic) Greyed Out and other audio problems

Spatial Sound (Windows Sonic) Greyed Out and other audio problems: Hello. Been having a problem with turning on the Spatial sound feature as it is greyed out. My system specs are: ASUS X555LN Laptop Windows 10 x64 (updated from windows 8.1 about a year ago) Build No. 17134 Been doing some uninstall and re-installation of my sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows spatial sound greyed out

2. spatial sound is not available on this device

3. spatial sound not available on this device

4. spacial sound grayed out with realtek driver in windows 10,
  5. spatial sound format only shows off,
  6. realtek audio spatial sound does not work,
  7. spatial sound not available ,
  8. spatial sound is not available on this device realtek,
  9. spatial sound tab not responding,
  10. cannot turn on spatial sound... area greyed out,
  11. realtek spatial sound greyed out,