Windows 10: speaker icon disappears on taskbar

Discus and support speaker icon disappears on taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, i notice that the speaker icon on my taskbar disappears. my display setting is set to 1360 x 768 (recommended), speaker setting is turn on. if i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by David1959, Jan 10, 2017.

1. David1959 Win User

speaker icon disappears on taskbar

Hi,

i notice that the speaker icon on my taskbar disappears. my display setting is set to 1360 x 768 (recommended), speaker setting is turn on. if i set the display setting other than recommended the speaker icon reappears. how can i have the speaker icon stay on the taskbar in recommended settings permanently plz?

Thank You

:)

David1959, Jan 10, 2017
  2. tworx Win User

After Windows 10 upgrade no speaker icon

Hello.

After upgrade to Windows 10 the speaker icon in the taskbar (right corner) is missing.

I already tried the workarounds like reset icons via menu and also via regedit (delete settings) from the support website, reinstall sound drivers, etc.

Unfortunately without success

Interesting is, that when I am deactivating/activating the speaker icon (in the icon settings menu) the network (!) icon disappears/appears.

Is there a fix/workaround to repair this?

Kind regards

Thorsten

tworx, Jan 10, 2017
  3. window disappears before i can select anything

when i click on the cortana or action center icons in the taskbar, and move the cursor up to select something, as soon as the mouse pointer moves out of the taskbar area the window disappears. So i've been having to press the icon then quickly move the cursor
    out into where the window will be before it pops up. It's extremely aggravating and i want it to stop! please help!!

ok so it's doing it with all the icons on the taskbar. clock, battery, speakers, etc..

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Adrian Beaubouef, Jan 10, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Can you click the small up arrow on the left end of the Notification Area to see if that icon [ and others] is on the "rest of the list"? If so you can change Settings to make it always show.

Berton, Jan 10, 2017
  5. David1959 Win User
    yes i can however the speaker icon isn't there. if i going in settings and click the volume off/on it will appear and i lost another icon in the task bar area.

David1959, Jan 10, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    There are two Settings for icons in the notification area, these are found in Settings > Personalization > Taskbar under 'Notification Area'. They are: 'Select which icons appear in the notification area' and 'Turn system icon on or off'. The first changes whether the icon is displayed or in the list of other hidden icons. The second removes the icon completely from those being displayed, whether on the tray or hidden. Make sure both are turned on for your speaker icon.

Changing the screen resolution should have no effect, what display adapter do you have? Do you have the latest driver, and have you just updated the driver? In the past Nvidia have been known to release a new driver that messed up displaying icons on Start, it may well be that your problem is a display driver problem.

7. cottonball, Jan 11, 2017
  8. David1959 Win User

Thanks all looks like a video card issue as of now in contact with AMD (via Email).

David1959, Jan 12, 2017
  9. David1959 Win User
    UPDATE:

the video card is not the issue. it is windows 10!! when i go to settings/notification area and select ON not all icons show in the taskbar. with it OFF only 2 icons will appear in this area. if i turn and icon off another will appear. so anyone know what and how i can correct this please?

Thank You

David1959, Feb 9, 2017
  10. Bree New Member
  11. David1959 Win User
    i have done both of the links you posted, neither are working.

David1959, Feb 9, 2017
  12. David1959 Win User
    also this is on a desktop not a tablet.

David1959, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. speaker icon disappears on taskbar - Similar Threads - speaker icon disappears

2. Icons on the taskbar disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the taskbar disappeared: I was working on My laptop until suddenly I got a blue screen, then when it ended during the reboot it said reparing the device, I am now in the desktop and My taskbar icons are missing, what do I do?...
  3. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  4. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

Taskbar icons disappeared!!: Unsure what happened but my taskbar icons have disappeared, please help :' Tried looking through other questions but can't seem to find my answer.I'm not on tablet mode, checked taskbar settings and my system icons are all on, only have 1 screen, .. run out of solutions....
  5. Taskbar icons disappeared!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. taskbar speaker icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar speaker icon: HiThe speaker icon on taskbar mostly not responding after clicking it right or left unless i do restart to laptop .As also it happens with the screen icons mostly.But the most terrible one is the speaker icon.Please help to resolve the issue.Thanks...
  7. taskbar speaker icon

taskbar speaker icon: HiThe speaker icon on taskbar mostly not responding after clicking it right or left unless i do restart to laptop .As also it happens with the screen icons mostly.But the most terrible one is the speaker icon.Please help to resolve the issue.Thanks...
  8. No speakers icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No speakers icon on taskbar: There's no speaker icon on my taskbar and never was. How can I get that icon on the taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-speakers-icon-on-taskbar/94cc97d6-4b65-4d99-bd87-b1bead2a1c97
  9. Taskbar Icons Disappearing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar Icons Disappearing: [IMG] Sometimes my taskbar icons disappear. They still work and if I hover the mouse over a blank spot the name of the app appears. I can click and use the apps just fine. I just don't know why they go away....
  10. Taskbar Icons Disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons Disappeared: Back in November of 2015 I upgraded from 8.1 to 10. I run a two monitor setup. The taskbar icons used to appear on both of my monitors, but now only appear on my secondary. I've tried the option to have taskbar icons appear on all monitors. Doesn't work. I should add...