Windows 10: Speaker icon not working

Discus and support Speaker icon not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My speaker icon is not responding and I really want to turn off the speakers! What can I do? Also when I try to watch a video, even with my speakers at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ladyovr60, Feb 1, 2016.

1. ladyovr60 Win User

Speaker icon not working

My speaker icon is not responding and I really want to turn off the speakers! What can I do? Also when I try to watch a video, even with my speakers at 100% and the videos speakers are at 100%, I still don't get any audio. Any help is appreciated!

:)

ladyovr60, Feb 1, 2016

2. Speaker Icon Not Working

Kathy, thanks for the update. Glad you got it resolved.

Andre Da Costa, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Speaker Icon Not Working

The first fix worked perfectly. Thanks.

KathyEvavold, Feb 1, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Speaker icon not working

In addition to software control, Notebooks have hardware control, usually a keyboard combination of the Fn plus another key to change volume or mute. Some Notebooks, such as a Gateway I've just Upgraded to Win10, have a multimedia control above the keyboard that is swiped to raise or lower the volume.

Berton, Feb 1, 2016
  5. ladyovr60 Win User
    Sorry - I should have added that I'm on a Lenovo laptop. Still can't shut it off.

ladyovr60, Feb 2, 2016
  6. Steve C Win User
    I would first try a full restart to see if that clears something, then uninstall and reinstall the sound drivers.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Speaker icon not working

1. Speaker icon not working - Similar Threads - Speaker icon working

2. Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey: Hi, I recently purposely upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809 from Windows 7. With the Windows 7 and Windows 10 version 1809, I can choose my own default sound icon e.g. I can choose Speakers as default instead of Realtek Digital Output from the sound control panel. With this,...
  3. Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey: Hi, I recently purposely upgraded to Windows 10 version 1809 from Windows 7. With the Windows 7 and Windows 10 version 1809, I can choose my own default sound icon e.g. I can choose Speakers as default instead of Realtek Digital Output from the sound control panel. With this,...
  4. Speakers are not working and the speakers icon in the sound control panel is grey

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. speaker icon

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    speaker icon: speaker icon on task bar does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon/c9f60c8f-7a5d-46de-8b43-73a7c27c5b4f
  6. Speaker icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker icon: my little icon of the speaker will not show the volume line at all. So I can't make it go up or down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon/3d6568c2-3cd5-48d0-b24f-68f3cb5fabf9
  7. speaker ICON in task bar not working

speaker ICON in task bar not working: The speaker ICON is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-in-task-bar-not-working/402a0443-bd61-4cf2-9222-2a89a9dc6aea
  8. Speaker Icon

Speaker Icon: I use to be able to right click in the sound icon in the bottom task bar and then move the slider up or down, but now I cannot right click on this icon, checked my right click, that is OK. Right click on a blank area of the Taskbar, Left click on Taskbar Settings scroll down...
  9. Speakers Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speakers Icon: Speakers icon at lower left corner will not function? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-icon/04c31780-5f19-41cf-9168-59ff8f1b9fa5
  10. Desktop Speaker Icon Not Working

Desktop Speaker Icon Not Working: I just noticed another issue after the latest Windows creator update. The speaker icon on my taskbar no longer functions. It is there and I have sound. when I hover over it the percent of speakers is displayed but I can no longer change the level from there. My keyboard has a...