Windows 10: Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control

Discus and support Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron laaptop. I have the Speaker Icon in my taskbar menu but it does not respond when I click it. So the icon does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BeBop4000, Aug 14, 2018.

1. BeBop4000 Win User

Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control

I am running Win 10 on my Dell Inspiron laaptop. I have the Speaker Icon in my taskbar menu but it does not respond when I click it. So the icon does not translate onto my screen into a volume control lever. ANY HELP IN SOLVING THIS? (I would prefer NOT to delete and then re-install driver but I will if that is only solution.

:)

BeBop4000, Aug 14, 2018

2. Volume Icon missing Windows 10

I too lost the Volume control icon from taskbar.

Click on control panel, then click Taskbar and Notifications from list

Click "Show which icons to appear on taskbar"

Click "ON" at VOLUME

lylepalmer, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Disappearing volume control icon on taskbar

Hi Brad,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in volume icon settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issue with other user accounts?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to turn off and then turn on volume icon. Check if it helps.

Method 1: I recommend you to try to turn on the system icon for volume by following below steps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Turn system icons on and off" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Turn off and then try to turn on the volume icon
    from the list.

If the issue still persist, refer to the method below.

Method 2: Try to update the audio driver in the Device Manager and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on Enter Key.

3. Expand Audio inputs and outputs.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update Driver Software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with volume icon on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 14, 2018
  4. billt4g Win User

Show or hide volume (speaker) icon on the taskbar

Hi, I used to have this speaker icon in my taskbar, now its gone.

So I went to settings> notifications & actions> turn system icons on or off. but the volume choice is dimmed out!! I can't turn it on...

Any help here??*Sad

billt4g, Aug 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Speaker icon shows in taskbar but does not respond to clicks for volume control - Similar Threads - Speaker icon shows

2. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  3. Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons in Taskbar not responding to mouse clicks: Not sure how to describe this properly, but it seems others have similar issues. Some applications work as they did with Win10Pro have 11Pro now.Outlook, Calculator, Explorer, Settings; all behave as they did prior. Normal clicking selects the app and makes it active,...
  4. Taskbar volume control stopped responding.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Taskbar volume control stopped responding.: I loaded Windows version 2004. Now my taskbar speaker volume icon won't respond. Is this a known problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-volume-control-stopped-responding/0c8e19d2-8eaf-46fe-8c5f-545dd9629786
  5. Speaker icon not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speaker icon not responding: Windows 10 v 1909.Firefox.I have a VIA HD Audio Win 10 system for sound and video and eveything is working ok.My problem is that when I need to lower the sound volume whilst playing,the speaker icon on the task bar is not responding so I am unable to do this.I`ve tried the...
  6. taskbar volume control icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    taskbar volume control icon: cannot adjust volume from taskbar icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-volume-control-icon/79214b7a-9a50-4e39-925c-968b6aa8fc5b
  7. Volume Control Icon on Taskbar Not Working Intermittently

Volume Control Icon on Taskbar Not Working Intermittently: Intermittently, after boot up, The Volume Control Icon on the Taskbar does not work when you left click on it. Nothing happens. You have to go into Task Manager and restart Explorer to restore functionality. This intermittent problem has been ongoing since Win10 was launched....
  8. Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speakers/Headphone Icon in Taskbar doesn't respond: When I click on the Speakers/Headphone icon in the taskbar, nothing happens. Right click doesn't do anything either. This means I can't adjust the volume without going into Settings. Why would this be happening? The other icons on the taskbar do respond....
  9. Taskbar icons not showing and responding.

Taskbar icons not showing and responding.: My laptop's taskbar icons are not showing. I tried clicking on the windows icon but it won't respond and it only shows the blue loading mouse icon. I tried opening the task manager through Windows icon + Alt + Delete. After opening it, it shows that the disk usage is 100%...
  10. Show or hide volume (speaker) icon on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Show or hide volume (speaker) icon on the taskbar: Hi, I used to have this speaker icon in my taskbar, now its gone. So I went to settings> notifications & actions> turn system icons on or off. but the volume choice is dimmed out!! I can't turn it on... Any help here??*Sad 51188

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speaker appalet does not respond

2. windows 10 click on speaker on taskbar and it doesnt respond