Windows 10: Speaker issues

Discus and support Speaker issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This might not have anything to do with the Windows 10 installation, but i noticed that my speakers suddenly have been heating up really fast. In fact... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by blackbirdabhi, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Speaker issues

This might not have anything to do with the Windows 10 installation, but i noticed that my speakers suddenly have been heating up really fast. In fact they heat up so much that ash smell comes from them. Anyone facing similar issues?

:)

blackbirdabhi, Aug 16, 2015
  2. G.Ilex Win User

speaker issue

Again, a little bit more detailed information on your issue would be nice.

With more details on your issue better help can be provided

G.Ilex, Aug 16, 2015
  3. Speaker issue

First thing I would do is go into Device Manager and uninstall the audio driver. Then reboot the PC and allow it to reinstall the driver. To do this right click start menu Windows icon, open Device Manager and find audio drivers. Select and choose to remove
    driver and also click delete driver on machine. Reboot PC and allow Windows to install drivers. I have heard some audio issues upgrading to Fall Creator but you appear to still be on Creator. So not sure why your having audio issues, unless you received a
    new driver update to work with Fall Creator? If you still don't have audio after doing the above tasks. I would then go to PC makers drivers updates for your PC and download latest driver. If then you still have no audio you have to then consider your PC may
    have a hardware issues that requires repair.

jescott418, Aug 16, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

Speaker issues

There might be a number of reasons, but the most obvious one is that the power is not of a correct voltage or there is a "short"
    The amount of information given is not enough for me to analyze the issue well enough.

1: does it heat up only when connected to your PC?
    2: how are the speakers powered? through USB or AC (wall socket)

Good luck

Harpert, Aug 16, 2015
  5. Thanks for the response. The speakers are connected via AC. They heat up only when connected to the PC. Additional info just in case, I have either a NVIDIA High definition audio card or a REALTEK Audio card. Not too sure which one since both appear in my Device Manager.

blackbirdabhi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Speaker issues

1. Speaker issues - Similar Threads - Speaker issues

2. What can I do to fix my speaker issue. My volume's on but there's a little red x next to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What can I do to fix my speaker issue. My volume's on but there's a little red x next to...: Even though my volume is on, the speaker icon has a little red x next to it and I'm trying to figure out how to fix it, but the Get Help app from the settings app didn't help and so I have no idea what to do to fix it. What do I do?...
  3. What can I do to fix my speaker issue. My volume's on but there's a little red x next to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What can I do to fix my speaker issue. My volume's on but there's a little red x next to...: Even though my volume is on, the speaker icon has a little red x next to it and I'm trying to figure out how to fix it, but the Get Help app from the settings app didn't help and so I have no idea what to do to fix it. What do I do?...
  4. What can I do to fix my speaker issue. My volume's on but there's a little red x next to...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones: The speakers on my laptop have stopped functioning, and I can only hear audio when using headphones.I have already attempted to troubleshoot this problem by updating and reinstalling the audio driver, but unfortunately, the issue persists. Despite my efforts, the laptop...
  6. Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones

Issue with Laptop Speaker - Audio Only Works with Headphones: The speakers on my laptop have stopped functioning, and I can only hear audio when using headphones.I have already attempted to troubleshoot this problem by updating and reinstalling the audio driver, but unfortunately, the issue persists. Despite my efforts, the laptop...
  7. I have issue in my laptop speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have issue in my laptop speaker: I have issue in my laptop speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-issue-in-my-laptop-speaker/bcbcbc45-4b99-4797-b145-24ce63138539
  8. I have issue in my laptop speaker

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have issue in my laptop speaker: I have issue in my laptop speaker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-issue-in-my-laptop-speaker/bcbcbc45-4b99-4797-b145-24ce63138539
  9. I have issue in my laptop speaker

10. Issue with Bluetooth Speakers Connected but not listed in sound devices on Windows 11

Issue with Bluetooth Speakers Connected but not listed in sound devices on Windows 11: When attempting to connect my Vizio Bluetooth speaker to my computer, the pairing process is successful. However, despite being paired, the audio continues to play through the computer's built-in speakers instead of the connected Bluetooth speakers. Notably, the Bluetooth...