Windows 10: Speaker Levels settings are lost when volume is set to zero.

Discus and support Speaker Levels settings are lost when volume is set to zero. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My issue is exactly the same as in this post :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlexisLessard, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Speaker Levels settings are lost when volume is set to zero.

My issue is exactly the same as in this post : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-winpc/speaker-balance-resets-when-volume-is-turned-down/d3331dcb-a788-4b30-8ccf-7b4175ad76fe

I am setting custom levels for my speakers but as soon as I reduce the volume to 0. The settings are lost.

How to reproduce :

1. Open your speaker properties.
    2. Go to the "Levels" tab.

3. Click on "Balance" and set custom levels that are different for left and right.
    4. Lower the volume to 0, then bring back the volume up.
    5. Notice the custom levels are lost.

You can even do it while the "balance" window is opened and you see the problem clearly.
    This is clearly a bug and it seems to have been there for at least 2 years. Are there any plans to fix it ?
    If not, is there a software you recommend using for handling the speaker levels since windows doesn't do it properly ?

Thanks,
    Alexis

:)

AlexisLessard, Aug 6, 2018

2. Volume settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I can understand the inconvenience that you are facing with the headphones. We are here to help you.

Before changing the volume settings make sure that you have set it to default.

To change it to default, try these steps:

a. Right click on the speaker icon which is on the bottom right corner.

b. Click on "playback devices."

c. Under playback tap "highlight speakers\headphones."

d. Then Click on "properties."

e. Select "Advanced" tab

f. Then Click on "Restore to default."

Now change the volume settings of your headphone. Try the following steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the speaker icon which is on the bottom right corner.

2. Click on Open Volume Mixer.

3. Adjust the volume by changing it on speakers/ headphones.

4. Click on apply.

I would also suggest you to refer to the link given below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps with your issue. Do get back to us if you have any further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards.

Jenith_James, Aug 6, 2018
  3. speaker volume

Here's a few things to try:

• Right-click volume icon, choose the Sound Mixer option, and make sure all the bars are up
    • Right-click volume icon, choose Spacial Sound, make sure it's off
    • Right-click volume icon, choose Playback Devices. Double-click your speakers in the list, and make sure the Levels tab is up, and the enhancements tab is either disabled or set how you prefer
    • Go to the website for the company that built the computer, go to their Support & Drivers section, and download the newest sound drivers available

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 6, 2018
  4. Speaker Levels settings are lost when volume is set to zero.

Speaker Balance resets when volume is turned down to minimum? How can I permanently set balance?

I can set the balance on my speakers in Windows 10 using the Speaker Properties window but even after clicking
    apply if I turn the volume all the way down to zero and then back up to normal listening levels
    the balance goes back to default.

How can I set the balance permanently ??

TylerMason, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Speaker Levels settings are lost when volume is set to zero.

1. Speaker Levels settings are lost when volume is set to zero. - Similar Threads - Speaker Levels settings

2. Automatically set Bluetooth Speaker Volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Automatically set Bluetooth Speaker Volume: Hello There! :I recently bought a bluetooth speaker that I use for my Sound on my PC.My Problem is that every time I connect the speaker -> every time I start my PC the Volume for the Bluetooth Speaker is automatically set to 100% and I have to turn it down to 30% every time...
  3. Automatically set Bluetooth Speaker Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically set Bluetooth Speaker Volume: Hello There! :I recently bought a bluetooth speaker that I use for my Sound on my PC.My Problem is that every time I connect the speaker -> every time I start my PC the Volume for the Bluetooth Speaker is automatically set to 100% and I have to turn it down to 30% every time...
  4. Automatically set Bluetooth Speaker Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute

Automatically Speaker Volume goes to zero / mute: Irrespective of increase of the volume, it goes back to zero/mute. Tried all the options of the drivers, but still not resolved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/automatically-speaker-volume-goes-to-zero-mute/bb6018dc-9bd9-4005-8c55-58e6598e7ad1
  6. Missing Mic Level in Speaker Playback Settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing Mic Level in Speaker Playback Settings: Hi, I am on the latest update of Windows 10. I want to have the mic output directly to the computers speaker without any delay. AFAIK, the best way is to unmute the mic level by going to: playback > speaker properties > levels > unmute mic input However, the mic level is...
  7. zero windows settings stick and stay, zero

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    zero windows settings stick and stay, zero: None of my settings ever made in windows 10 actually stays. I tell it to defrag daily and it always switches back to weekly. I play a video and wonder why my sound sounds like poop and every time I have to switch back the audio settings from 100% volume, 2ch and...
  8. How to Keep Headphone/Speaker Volume at Different Settings

How to Keep Headphone/Speaker Volume at Different Settings: Hey, So basically, my laptop, a Dell G5 15, used to have the speaker volume at a different volume level than the headphones. For example, if I had the speaker volume at 0%, and then plugged in my headphones, it would be at 50%, and when I disconnect it, the laptop speakers...
  9. Overall volume levels on my laptop keeps going down despite speakers been set at max

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Overall volume levels on my laptop keeps going down despite speakers been set at max: The sound on my laptop has increasingly decreased over the last month, the driver is working fine and I've checked "manage audio settings" and "adjust system volume" and all the settings are set at max. Any ideas please?...
  10. How To Set System Volume To Specific Level With Keystroke

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Set System Volume To Specific Level With Keystroke: I keep my system's volume level set to 30%. Sometimes, I need to adjust this for one reason or another. After doing so, I'd like to be able to press a keyboard shortcut to set it back to 30%. Is there an easy way to do this? Maybe an AHK or FastKeys macro? I know I can do...