Windows 10: Speccy

Discus and support Speccy in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I read early on there were issues with Speccy and Windows 10. Is this still the case or is it safe to install? 40562 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rinconmike, Feb 11, 2016.

1. Speccy

I read early on there were issues with Speccy and Windows 10. Is this still the case or is it safe to install?

:)

rinconmike, Feb 11, 2016

2. File DMP without bluescreen

Please download Speccy and upload a copy of the report it produces to OneDrive. To obtain a report select File,
    Save as Text file.:

CCleaner.com - Using Speccy

Gerry C J Cornell, Feb 11, 2016
  3. dell optiplex gx280

Please download Speccy and upload a copy of the report it produces to OneDrive. To obtain a report select File,
    Save as Text file.

CCleaner.com - Using Speccy

Gerry C J Cornell, Feb 11, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Speccy

I have had no issues with SPECCY or other of the Piriform programs but then I don't install them, prefer to use the Portable versions stored on a Thumb drive. Most of my work with computers don't need them installed as most of the owners wouldn't know what to do with them. There has been some issues with programs and Win10 uninstalling those that are not compatible but all I've seen had newer versions available, just reinstalled them.

Berton, Feb 11, 2016
  5. AnEdge Win User
    No problems at all on win 10 pro

AnEdge, Feb 11, 2016
  6. Thanks. I went with the portable version.

rinconmike, Feb 11, 2016
  7. Berton Win User
    You're welcome.

Berton, Feb 11, 2016
  8. Clint Win User

Speccy

It installs and runs fine, but it gives the wrong product key.

Clint, Feb 11, 2016
  9. I have a workstation with a SAS controller. SPECCY sees the temps on two Seagate 6TB SATA drives, but it does not show the temp on the 8TB SAS drive. All drives are on the MB SAS controller which can take either SATA or SAS drives.

I wanted SPECCY to see all the drive temps.

rinconmike, Feb 11, 2016
  10. AnEdge Win User
    Are you using the Free version? I believe you get full system analysis with the paid upgrade.

AnEdge, Feb 11, 2016
  11. yes. However, I think it might be with reading SAS drives and not that it is the free version since it sees the Temps on the SATA drives.

Crystal Disk Info does not see the SAS drive at all. At first I thought it was that the drive is new, but maybe because it is SAS instead of SATA.

rinconmike, Feb 11, 2016
  12. lx07 Win User
    The problem you are thinking of is that from the upgrade from build 10240 (first Windows 10) or earlier, to 10586 Speccy was deleted by the Windows update procedure. Some other minor programs were too.

There was no known reason for this (except Microsoft didn't like something in the .exe) but all could be re-installed immediately after and worked fine.

There was never a problem with the programs - just the upgrade.

13. Speccy

Yes Speccy works fine in fact I prefer it to Belarc
    That was always telling me I had hotfixes missing when in fact they were installed and working.
    Also Speccy works with Browser Edge
    Belarc played up as soon as I disabled IE11

hTconeM9user, Feb 11, 2016
  14. lx07 Win User
    Speccy has nothing to do with what browser you prefer.

Thema:

Speccy

1. Speccy - Similar Threads - Speccy

2. Help! Frequent BSODs that I cant figure out. DMP, full Speccy info, and MSinfo32 files included

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help! Frequent BSODs that I cant figure out. DMP, full Speccy info, and MSinfo32 files included: Hello!I recently started experiencing issues with BSOD, with most of the error codes being Kernel Security Check Failure. They started a couple of weeks ago and have been occurring more and more frequently. 9/10 times the BSOD happens while I'm using the Steam client or...
  3. How Accurate Are The Temp Readings With Speccy?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Accurate Are The Temp Readings With Speccy?: I just installed Speccy on my Dell. It shows my cpu, gpu, and three hard drives all running at 87-94F. My computer just has one browser open with a news channel streaming. It seems a bit cool, or maybe not. Is Speccy reliable at reading/displaying temps? 167681
  4. Speccy stuck analyzing

Speccy stuck analyzing: I was told to post a speccy snapshot on another forum to troubleshoot a freezing issue with Final Fantasy XIV but I am unable to do so. Despite the fact that I have an 8 core processor and 16 GB of ram, speccy always gets stuck on "analyzing" indefinitely. I have waited over...
  5. Speccy Report. What Are Your Temps At?

in Windows 10 Support
    Speccy Report. What Are Your Temps At?: Just built my new system.. "Used" Love to my Son that gave me the CPU GPU and Main Board and RAM. I Put my existing RAM in so no change. "Check My Spics" On boot my GPU fans weren't spinning so WTF. I downloaded the latest 2020 version and was able to get them spinning again....
  6. Speccy download error

Speccy download error: Hello, Microsoft and all around, I am having errors with downloading Speccy, Fast, lightweight, advanced system information tool for your PC. I have tried everything possible. Can you help? Jamie...
  7. BSOD Finding and Fixing them (DMP+MSinfo+Speccy XML)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Finding and Fixing them (DMP+MSinfo+Speccy XML): Hello I get BSOD when search for file in a hard drive. And sometime while watching a video with VLC. below is my link to my BSOD.rar with all DMP files MSinfo32 file and Speccy XML of the system spec. please advice. thank you...
  8. High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy: I have been dealing with fps drops while gaming for a month now, and I have tried everything to fix it. It's been driving me nuts, considering the hardware shouldn't be performing so badly. When I do a userbenchmark everything looks fine and dandy, but in game I experience...
  9. High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy

in Windows 10 Support
    High end PC with FPS drops. High cpu temps in Speccy: I have been dealing with fps drops while gaming for a month now, and I have tried everything to fix it. It's been driving me nuts, considering the hardware shouldn't be performing so badly. When I do a userbenchmark everything looks fine and dandy, but in game I experience...
  10. Speccy - Incorrect ldentified SSD switched to Belarc Advisor

Speccy - Incorrect ldentified SSD switched to Belarc Advisor: I've been using Speccy for years, always loved and trusted it, until today. I just purchased (NOS in sealed box) new Dell XPS-8920 and before even power on I left primary SSD (on motherboard) then removed HDD and added three brand new Samsung 860 1TB EVO SSD's all purchased...