Windows 10: Specs you need for a nice lag-free game

Discus and support Specs you need for a nice lag-free game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; 3D games such as Minecraft or Assassins creed sure do need lots of expensive specs. Here's the minimums: 4GB of RAM, 2GB will cause lag. At least an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AbAppletic, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Specs you need for a nice lag-free game

3D games such as Minecraft or Assassins creed sure do need lots of expensive specs. Here's the minimums:
    • 4GB of RAM, 2GB will cause lag.
    • At least an i3 Processor, won't run on Extremely high-leveled games like Assassins Creed. Must be at least 2.6GHZ
    For Assassins Creed, you'll need:
    • 6GB of ram (Yup, welcome to the RAM eating world)
    • Intel Core i5-2500K or AMD Phenom II x4 940 or AMD FX-8350 GHz(Welcome to the most expensive things world). For core i5 you'll need 3.3GHZ, for AMD phenom II x4 940 you'll need 3.0, for AMD FX-8350 you'll need 4.
    ​That's all.

:)

AbAppletic, Oct 28, 2015

2. Garry's Mod Fps Lag

Same! No need to download those game boosters, i made a vid here on the stutter lag to fix it. My pc has great specs but lagged after the windows 10 update so i made a solution and here is the vid! Tell me if it helped!

MtripleMax, Oct 28, 2015
  3. Resolution and lag

Hello people of Microsoft.

I can't change the resolution of my screen. The text is grey and nothing happens if I click on it.

It is stuck on 1920 x 1080. I know it's suggested but I used to have it bigger.

Also, I am experiencing heavy lag on games like Terraria, which used to be lagless a while ago.

The lag made the game unplayable with 4 fps or something around that.

It might be the new Windows update, but I don't know what exactly could've changed.

If you need my PC specs, just ask me Specs you need for a nice lag-free game :)

-

BartBoschy, Oct 28, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Specs you need for a nice lag-free game

You will also need a pretty new Graphics Card , I use a EVGA GTX 750 ti which is now down to 109.00 USD

5. Thanks. *Smile

AbAppletic, Oct 29, 2015
  6. MrNeeds Win User
    Minecraft runs fine on my system, running a Q6600 Core2Quad, 4GB RAM, seems fine *Smile

MrNeeds, Oct 30, 2015
  7. satchmo Win User
    Minecraft performance is limited by the fact that it was written in Java rather than C++.

It has virtually nothing to do with hardware.

Minecraft for Windows 10 beta, however, is written in C++, and performs notably faster on the same machine.

satchmo, Oct 30, 2015
  8. MrNeeds Win User

I see, I noticed the performance gains, but then again, it's also a port of the pocket edition, which usually means it'll run on a potato.

MrNeeds, Oct 31, 2015
  9. satchmo Win User
    I am sure GLaDOS would concur.

satchmo, Oct 31, 2015
  10. Most modern CPU's will run everything fine these days. For lag free it's all about the video card.

(Although decent drivers and optimization are the next biggest requirements)

SmartEyeball, Oct 31, 2015
  11. Atomic77 Win User
    It's not all about graphics cards. games like Diablo 3 Starcraft 2 and Sims 4 run fine on my computer and I only have INTEL HD 4600 integrated graphics.

Atomic77, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Specs you need for a nice lag-free game - Similar Threads - Specs need nice

2. do you need cyberlink for gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    do you need cyberlink for gaming: because i want to download a game and i need to free up some space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-need-cyberlink-for-gaming/0828c400-0b78-48d0-bae6-d24594ae8d7b
  3. do you need cyberlink for gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    do you need cyberlink for gaming: because i want to download a game and i need to free up some space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-you-need-cyberlink-for-gaming/0828c400-0b78-48d0-bae6-d24594ae8d7b
  4. do you need cyberlink for gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs: whenever I launch a game, my pc Lenovo IdeaPad slim 5 14ARE05, win10 starts lagging hard a few seconds into the game used to only happen when I had it plugged in first but now it happens when on battery as well. the processor ryzen 7 4700U gets stuck at 0.38GHz and fps drops...
  6. Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs: whenever I launch a game, my pc Lenovo IdeaPad slim 5 14ARE05, win10 starts lagging hard a few seconds into the game used to only happen when I had it plugged in first but now it happens when on battery as well. the processor ryzen 7 4700U gets stuck at 0.38GHz and fps drops...
  7. Games start lagging a few seconds after launch, despite a nice processor and decent specs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Low-spec free steam games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low-spec free steam games?: I have a really low end Acer laptop, and am looking for some free steam games that it would run ok. here are my specs: CPU: AMD E1-7010 Dual-Core 1.5 GHz Graphics: AMD Radeon R2 Graphics RAM: 4GB DDR3 Thanks a lot 100157
  9. Spec Ops: The Line FREE!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spec Ops: The Line FREE!: Spec Ops: The Line [img] 107044
  10. Got little high spec but still lag when play game

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Got little high spec but still lag when play game: So let me explain my problem, first, you may need to look through my spec (Below). I know it is not a monster for gaming but how can you image if half-life, Asphalt 8 and Minecraft make my PC lagged? Let be clear here: +At first when I enter each game, it prety good, and...