Windows 10: Speech Recognition stops accepting input, must move mouse to correct

Discus and support Speech Recognition stops accepting input, must move mouse to correct in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, Due to some issues with my hand, I set up Windows 10's speech recognition. While in the middle of dictating emails within Microsoft Outlook, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by clevinski, Aug 26, 2016.

1. clevinski Win User

Speech Recognition stops accepting input, must move mouse to correct

Hi,

Due to some issues with my hand, I set up Windows 10's speech recognition. While in the middle of dictating emails within Microsoft Outlook, the speech recognition box will suddenly display "What was that?" and will not accept further inputs until I move the mouse. The display changes to "Listening" after a few seconds, but it will still not accept text. I spent some time looking online for a solution, but so far without success. Has anyone else experienced this? It is such an obvious problem that I think it must be caused by me doing something wrong. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Charlie

:)

clevinski, Aug 26, 2016

2. WINDOWS 10 SPEECH RECOGNITION CURSOR KEEPS JUMPING UP 2----10 LINES FOR NO REASON

I AM USING WINDOWS 10 SPEECH RECOGNITION .WHEN IT IS SPEECH RECOGNITION IS ON (ACTIVE) MY MOUSE CURSOR REPEATEDLY JUMPS UP ANYTHING FROM 1 TO MAYBE 10 LINES OR MORE. THIS OCCURS IN WORD AND OUTLOOK AND SOMETIMES THE LETTERS "P" OR "UP". APPEAR NEXT
    TO CURSOR. WHAT MUST I DO TO PREVENT THIS?

neilgellman, Aug 26, 2016
  3. Ease of Access/ Use - dictation, narrator, autocorrect, and define questions.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Windows Speech Recognition makes using a keyboard and mouse optional. You can control your PC with your voice and dictate text instead.

Setup Speech Recognition

There are a few steps you need to take before you can start using Speech Recognition. First, you’ll need to set up a microphone. Then, you can train your PC to recognize your voice.

To set up a microphone:

a. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
    Set up a microphone.

b. Follow the instructions on the screen.

Note: If possible, use a headset microphone; it's less likely to pick up background noise.

To train your PC to recognize your speech

Speech Recognition uses a special voice profile to recognize your voice and spoken commands. The more you use Speech Recognition, the more detailed your voice profile becomes—and that should improve your PC's ability to understand you.

a. Enter Speech Recognition in the search box, and then tap or click
    Speech Recognition.

b. Say "start listening," or tap or click the microphone button to start the listening mode.

c. Open the app you want to use, or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

d. Say the text you want to dictate.

To correct mistakes: You can correct mistakes in three different ways:

a. To correct the last thing you said, say "correct that."

b. To correct a single word, say "correct" followed by the word that you want to correct. If the word appears more than once, all instances will be highlighted, and you can choose the one you want to correct.

c. In the Alternates panel dialog box, say the number next to the item you want, and then say "OK."

To add or change words in the Speech Dictionary

Using the Speech Dictionary, you can add your own words, stop a specific word from being dictated, or correct or delete a word in the dictionary.

a. Enter speech recognition in the search box, and then tap or click
    Windows Speech Recognition.

b. Say "start listening," or tap or click the microphone button to start the listening mode.

c. Say "open Speech Dictionary" and do any of the following:

• To add a word to the dictionary, say "Add a new word," and then follow the instructions.
    • To prevent a specific word from being dictated, say "Prevent a word from being dictated," and then follow the instructions.
    Also, refer to the article below and refer to sections provided for more information.

How to use Speech Recognition (information holds good for Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Aug 26, 2016
Thema:

Speech Recognition stops accepting input, must move mouse to correct

1. Speech Recognition stops accepting input, must move mouse to correct - Similar Threads - Speech Recognition stops

2. Permanently stop speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently stop speech recognition: I have disabled speech recognition in both Settings and Control Panel as described in numerous posts on the web. However an image appears whenever Windows is started and several times thereafter. I want to eliminate that pop-up. Thanks in advance for a useful solution....
  3. Permanently stop speech recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently stop speech recognition: I have disabled speech recognition in both Settings and Control Panel as described in numerous posts on the web. However an image appears whenever Windows is started and several times thereafter. I want to eliminate that pop-up. Thanks in advance for a useful solution....
  4. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speech recognition: My built-in microphone isn't working. Worse, my microphone built into my headset isn't working either. I can hear fine from the speakers both built into the computer and from the headset, but can't speak at all. What's wrong?...
  5. Speech recognition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Speech recognition: Am using Windows 10. There is also Speech recognition. If i want to use it can i use an Virtual mic?Because i have a view movies with no subtitles.And for these movies are no subtitles to get.I have to put Dutch words on text so i can translate it to English....
  6. Speech recognition correction suddenly very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speech recognition correction suddenly very slow: I've been using Windows Speech Recognition in Windows 10 for several years and have been pretty happy with it. I'm currently using Windows 10.0.19041, build 19041, with latest updates, on a Core i7-960 system with 12 Gb installed RAM. I am using a Logitech USB gaming headset...
  7. No microphone input to Windows Speech Recognition?

in Windows 10 Customization
    No microphone input to Windows Speech Recognition?: I’m using Voice Attack and because of that I need to use the Windows Speech Recognition machine. I’ve used it for several years with only one problem along the way – the same as I’m experience now – no microphone gets through to the speech recognition app. Last time that...
  8. Speech Recognition

in Cortana
    Speech Recognition: error message: Speech Recognition could not start. Please change the recognizer language in the speech recognition control panel under advanced options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speech-recognition/c792bbcf-3664-4fad-b907-a9cb820f79fd"
  9. SPEECH RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SPEECH RECOGNITION: Following a recent update, my speech recognition no longer works, instead showing a message I must change the recogniser language settings in the speech recognition control panel under advanced options. I can't find speech recognition control panel OR advanced options. I...
  10. SPEECH RECOGNITION

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SPEECH RECOGNITION: I HAVE WINDOWS 10. THE SPEECH RECOGNITION DOES NOT LOAD AT STARTUUPCAN I CORRECT THIS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/speech-recognition/43c4fd94-71ab-4012-9ab3-0da1e255ed0a