Windows 10: SpeechRuntime.exe

Discus and support SpeechRuntime.exe in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings OS: Windows 10 Pro ver.1709 build 16299.192 Yesterday my pc almost freezed. It was hard to do anything and hard disk lights+noise were on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zivshosh, Jan 20, 2018.

1. zivshosh Win User

SpeechRuntime.exe

Greetings
    Yesterday my pc almost freezed. It was hard to do anything and hard disk lights+noise were on all the time.
    I looked in Process Explorer (sysinternals) to see who uses cpu and saw SpeechRuntime.exe found in
    C:\Windows\Sytem32\Speech_OneCore\common
    Is this a trojan? Micorosft tool?
    Can I remove it?
    will it help r is there a known problem with my build that will be corrected in next build?
    For the time being I neutralized SpeechRuntime.exe, kicked it from memory, and gave up speech services in
    Personalization --> Privacy
    Please help
    thank you

:)

zivshosh, Jan 20, 2018
  2. Strat8409 Win User

excel file slow to load after going to win 10

The bug is not with Office. It is with SpeechRuntime.exe which is associated with Cortana. Disable "Hey Cortana" and right-click on your
    tasksbar and select Cortana->Hidden. Then end "SpeechRuntime.exe" in task manager and Office should work normally. The next time you click on Cortana, SpeechRuntime.exe
    will reopen and your issue will return.

Strat8409, Jan 20, 2018
  3. How do I fix this? SpeechRuntime.exe keeps faulting on my computer, takes out my displays.etc.

SpeechRuntime.exe

1fb9b37e

spsreng_onecore.dll

7a46de45

c0000005

000000000002f814

25e4

01d30da6a2780c75

C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\Common\SpeechRuntime.exe

C:\WINDOWS\System32\Speech_OneCore\Engines\SR\spsreng_onecore.dll

5305e47b-f7b2-4d8c-a1e3-e02a45c1cf36

KellyJeters, Jan 20, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

SpeechRuntime.exe

Hi, it seems SpeechRuntime.exe runs if you have 'Hey Cortana' enabled.

If that's enabled, expect a small use of CPU time (it does warn you rather obscurely about battery life when you look at that setting).

But of course, low usage does not explain what you experienced or that your PC almost froze.

C:\Windows\System32\Speech_OneCore\common
    is a valid location for that exe.

I would also wonder what was using your disk:

dalchina, Jan 20, 2018
  5. zivshosh Win User
    thank you for your prompt answer
    how do I disable Hey Cortana? will I have search after disabling?

Now I see that TiWorker.exe is also running. It is found in many places under windows\winSxS\
    is it Microsoft tool? can I neutralize it?

zivshosh, Jan 20, 2018
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hey Cortana: open Cortana (windows key + S) click the cog symbol, Settings page opens.

TiWorker.exe - essential for updates - trusted installer. It can sometimes use a lot of CPU time if something's amiss for a few people.
    Is it using much CPU time?
    You can easily research it- just search for TiWorker.exe

You shouldn't really be looking in WinSxS- that's essentially a storage repository used for reference when runing SFC /SCANNOW e.g.

Please post a screenshot of your Update History.

When the update is complete- assuming it does complete- run
    chkdsk C: /scan
    and advise the result
    and
    SFC /SCANNOW
    from an elevated (admin) command prompt

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

SpeechRuntime.exe

1. SpeechRuntime.exe - Similar Threads - SpeechRuntime exe

2. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment: MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe /silent /install][Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [-2147219198].is there a debug log or something? what to do from here?...
  3. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment: MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe /silent /install][Installation] :: Execution failed with exit code [-2147219198].is there a debug log or something? what to do from here?...
  4. MicrosoftEdgeWebView2RuntimeInstallerX64.exe fail on install silent SCCM deployment

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started: it keeps popping up on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proclnfo-exe-this-application-can-not-be-started/0db1ab36-54f7-490b-86ae-7e3622ff606a
  6. Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started

Proclnfo .exe this application can not be started: it keeps popping up on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proclnfo-exe-this-application-can-not-be-started/0db1ab36-54f7-490b-86ae-7e3622ff606a
  7. Exe files not opening/working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exe files not opening/working: Hello! I have a problem, whenever I try to open .exe files, all it does is make the grey bar at the top of the file tab grow brighter. But for some reason, my laptop only opens some .exe files, i don't know why. But when i open .exe files it mostly doesn't work.Thanks....
  8. Exe files not opening/working

Exe files not opening/working: Hello! I have a problem, whenever I try to open .exe files, all it does is make the grey bar at the top of the file tab grow brighter. But for some reason, my laptop only opens some .exe files, i don't know why. But when i open .exe files it mostly doesn't work.Thanks....
  9. Monitors won't sleep because of SpeechRuntime

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitors won't sleep because of SpeechRuntime: I have my monitors set to switch off after 15 minutes in power management settings. When they turn off a moment later they reenable themselves and then go to sleep. This continues forever. In my event viewer I have this: Code: Log Name: Application Source: SpeechRuntime...
  10. Event ID 1 SpeechRuntime

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 1 SpeechRuntime: So I have this odd quirk the past few days. Sometimes on certain windows apps like Netflix or System settings it will hang till I close out but when I go back into them it acts normal and when I check the event log it gives me this. Audio Orchestrator Power Event: Battery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speechruntime.exe windows 10

2. headsetbuttonpress speechruntime.exe

3. speechruntime.exe

4. how often should speech runtime executable run?,
  5. SpeechRuntime/,
  6. why is headsetbuttonpress running in startup,
  7. windows event speechruntime,
  8. remove speechruntime.exe windows 10,
  9. speechruntime audio orchestrator