Windows 10: Speed issues with Spectrum/Time Warner cable.

Discus and support Speed issues with Spectrum/Time Warner cable. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just moved about a week ago. Today Spectrum came to install my new service. Sadly, it's not all that good. I had been paying for their 60Mbps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jayv2251, Aug 12, 2018.

1. jayv2251 Win User

Speed issues with Spectrum/Time Warner cable.

I just moved about a week ago. Today Spectrum came to install my new service. Sadly, it's not all that good. I had been paying for their 60Mbps service. With this move and new modem (Arris TM 1602A) and router (Sagemcom Fast 5260) I thought I would be set because now for the same price of the 60Mbps, I was suppose to be at 400Mbps!

As soon as the "tech" left, I set up my laptop, directly wired to the router and did a speed test so I could see from my own eyes this amazing speed. Hit up Dslreports and wow....NOTHING! It crashed the speed test! I recieved an error message stating my connection was soooo bad it couldn't complete the test! I tried a few more times, and did manage to get through once, and that tested out at 37Mbps down and 14Mbps up. NOT what I had expected. Knowing that Spectrum also offers a free speed test I hit their site as well. It worked, but after doing a half dozen speeds tests the best I ever managed was 95Mbps down and 6Mbps up. Still not what I was told I would be getting.

In between these test I called Spectrum and they had me go through a series of disconnect and reconnect the modem and router exercises, before doing another speed test. Even with my laptop connected directly to the modem, bypassing the router, the best speed I got was 91Mbps down and 12Mbps up. (The 95Mbps slight bump came after I updated the driver on the lan card - RealTek PCIe FE lan 10/100).

Is there anything else I can do? Another tech won't be out until Tuesday to check what's going on. Spectrum's office says the signal the area is good, and we know it's not the router because there was no major change when I connected laptop directly to the modem. FYI...just to make sure there was no issues, I have my virus software and firewall turned off. (That reminds me to change the stock name/password on router before I shut down for the night).

Lastly, I'm going to include a screen shot of the error message that dslReports sent when the speed test failed on their site.

:)

jayv2251, Aug 12, 2018

2. time warner 651.

651 is solved after 7 calls to time warner 1 to Microsoft and 2 to HP including a conference call with time warner it turns out 651 is a Winsock issue.

It only took 8 days to figure out.

Amazing.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

AjaxWhiteWolf, Aug 12, 2018
  3. time warner error 651

So another time warner issue. I'm in 651 error hell. I'm running Windows 10. I've been using Windows 10 with optimum since it was first released with no issues. Then I moved to time warner land. 651 is starting to get to me. the time warner folks are no
    help, so what do I do?

AjaxWhiteWolf, Aug 12, 2018
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Time Warner HD Cable Box

On thursday I have a technician coming to replace our DTV box with a HD Cable Box, I called to ask if I need to purchase any wires...they told me that TW provides the component cable to hook up the box to the HDTV, and that if I wanted to use an HDMI cable instead I have to purchase one. No big deal, $6 on NewEgg or so I thought. The guy was telling me that they're having *software* issues and that he highly recommends not using an HDMI cable at this time, and that information on this could be found on their website. Apparently they're doing a major overhaul of their software but I can't find any information on it. Does anyone have a Time Warner HD Cable Box, any issues with HDMI like they said?

OrbitzXT, Aug 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Speed issues with Spectrum/Time Warner cable. - Similar Threads - Speed issues Spectrum

2. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lan cable issue: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  3. Lan cable issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lan cable issue: Hi, my LAN cable suddenly stopped working despite being perfectly fine the night before. The cable is still plugged in but my laptop isn't recognizing it.I tried check the wires if there's any physical damage, but there's none. I tried following other forums by restarting my...
  4. The internet is running on cable at half speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The internet is running on cable at half speed: The internet is running on cable at half speedI have 20Mbps and when I plug in Lan Cable it happens 9or10mbps or less.I try install driver but same. Don't have max speedHelp...
  5. The internet is running on cable at half speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The internet is running on cable at half speed: The internet is running on cable at half speedI have 20Mbps and when I plug in Lan Cable it happens 9or10mbps or less.I try install driver but same. Don't have max speedHelp...
  6. Time Warner Router wont recognize USB drive

Time Warner Router wont recognize USB drive: i have a time warner router, came with the router when i subscribed to time warner. anyway, there are two USB ports on the router, i tried plugging in a regular USB drive into both the top and bottom 2 drives. i went and logged into the router, using 192.168.0.1. was able...
  7. Spectrum cable botnet warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Spectrum cable botnet warning: My internet provider, Spectrum cable, keeps sending me notifications through the post office that I have botnet malware on my computer. We have three computers. I ran microsoft safety scanner and microsoft defender on all three and found malware on two of them but not my...
  8. Spectrum Internet Issue.......Disconnects at almost same time....

Spectrum Internet Issue.......Disconnects at almost same time....: Almost every day between 4pm and 5pm my Spectrum internet goes out for about 5-7 minutes, give or take a minute or two. It has been doing this since installing the service last fall. I have called Spectrum about this and they say that they do not show any interruption at all...
  9. Weird issue with cable modem, speed, and connection

Weird issue with cable modem, speed, and connection: I have an Arris cable modem from Spectrum. It has 4 ethernet out ports. For many months i've been running two ethernet cables out from it, 1 directly to my PC 3 feet away, and one to the router for the rest of the house. reason: if i go to the router, then out from that to my...
  10. How can I bulk import contacts from roadrunner (Time Warner/Spectrum)

in Browsers and Email
    How can I bulk import contacts from roadrunner (Time Warner/Spectrum): I'm trying to help a friend switch from his Roadrunner email account to Gmail. I could do this easily if I could export the rr contacts to a CSV file. But handicapped by working from his computer I can't find a way to export his contacts to a CSV file. There is an option to...