Windows 10: speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware !?

Discus and support speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware !? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I am seeing several messages in the event log shortly after I boot (the adapter message appears earlier than the processor messages): A command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SOHO1, Feb 15, 2017.

1. SOHO1 Win User

speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware !?

I am seeing several messages in the event log shortly after I boot (the adapter message appears earlier than the processor messages):

• A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond.
    • The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.
      The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
    • The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.
      The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.
    • The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.
    • The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.

What could be causing this? My firmware is up-to-date.

:)

SOHO1, Feb 15, 2017
  2. feview Win User

Showing Errors in event viewer for Windows 10 Computer.

Old title: Errors in event viewer

-The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 0 seconds since the last report.

-The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 0 seconds since the last report.

-The speed of processor 5 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 0 seconds since the last report.

Can any tell me what these errors mean? Are they signs of failure? And how to fix them ?

feview, Feb 15, 2017
  3. The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 101061 seconds since the last report.

I checked the Event Viewer, and I see this, to me, it looks like the system is slowing my processor for no good reason, I wanted to confirm that it is for a good reason because I get four processors limited:

The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being LIMITED BY SYSTEM FIRMWARE. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 101061 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being LIMITED BY SYSTEM FIRMWARE. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 101061 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being LIMITED BY SYSTEM FIRMWARE. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 101061 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being LIMITED BY SYSTEM FIRMWARE. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 101061 seconds since the last report.

[Notice that they are all reduced by the same amount] [CAPS = Important]

arionsejdia, Feb 15, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Which model number of that Inspiron? Dell also makes Desktops/Towers using the name Inspiron, includes a 'standard', SFF and UltraSFF sizes.

Everything I've read indicates Windows 10 is the last major version, will be updated with new Upgrades, such as Version 1511 was Upgraded to Version 1607, and new Builds for updating. Think of the Builds as the older Service Packs.

Berton, Feb 15, 2017
  5. SOHO1 Win User
    Inspiron 15 7000 Series 7559
    I have all the latest firmware and drivers already downloaded and installed.
    I realize this could possibly be caused by a recent update that needs to be backed out.

Yes yes, 11N-UX as in Linux.

SOHO1, Feb 15, 2017
  6. Steve C Win User
    I have an Inspiron 7537 and get the same warning Event ID 37 which I just ignore since everything is up to date.

Steve C, Feb 16, 2017
  7. NavyLCDR New Member
    Is the Turbo feature of the processor disabled in UEFI /BIOS?

NavyLCDR, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware !? - Similar Threads - speed processor group

2. Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...: Hello, I appreciate any help, I'm reaching out for assistance with a persistent issue that's been plaguing my system. Randomly while in use, my computer crashes for apparently no reason, necessitating the removal of the power cable and its subsequent reconnection to restart....
  3. Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Idle power management features on processor 0 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware...: Hello, I appreciate any help, I'm reaching out for assistance with a persistent issue that's been plaguing my system. Randomly while in use, my computer crashes for apparently no reason, necessitating the removal of the power cable and its subsequent reconnection to restart....
  4. Collaborative processor power controls on processor 2 in group 0 are disabled due to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Collaborative processor power controls on processor 2 in group 0 are disabled due to a...: So I am using LENOVO L450And my pc freeze and I have to restart it again to make it working it happen after starting pc with 20 30 to 40 min I already reinstalled window 2 times currently I am using window 10 21h2 It happe even after reinstalling window And it show ERROR in...
  5. Collaborative processor power controls on processor 2 in group 0 are disabled due to a...

Collaborative processor power controls on processor 2 in group 0 are disabled due to a...: So I am using LENOVO L450And my pc freeze and I have to restart it again to make it working it happen after starting pc with 20 30 to 40 min I already reinstalled window 2 times currently I am using window 10 21h2 It happe even after reinstalling window And it show ERROR in...
  6. Collaborative processor power controls on processor 2 in group 0 are disabled due to a...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware: The Is there a free firmware update that will correct the following issue: "speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report."...
  8. speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware

speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware: The Is there a free firmware update that will correct the following issue: "speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report."...
  9. speed of processor 7 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Option to limit maximum processor speed is no longer accessible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Option to limit maximum processor speed is no longer accessible: Hi, I'm trying to limit my maximum processor speed so that my computer is not using too much power. However, going into the advanced power settings after the latest update shows me that there doesn't seem to be the option as there was in the past to set a hard maximum...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware.

2. the speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware

3. the speed of processor 32 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware\