Windows 10: SpeedFan, can`t make i start at boot with icon (sysfield)

Discus and support SpeedFan, can`t make i start at boot with icon (sysfield) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi As the heading says, I can`t get it to start with windows like it did in Windows 7. I have tried a few ways so far. I have tried the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pettergulbra, Dec 12, 2016.

1. SpeedFan, can`t make i start at boot with icon (sysfield)

Hi

As the heading says, I can`t get it to start with windows like it did in Windows 7.

I have tried a few ways so far.

I have tried the "Elevated Shortcut" and with this "Link".

I have also tried to put it in the startup folder, for the users and the one for the whole computer. No luck.

With both the elevated shortcut and the other way (cmd.exe with arguments), it starts but not with an icon in the system tray. And because of that it want work as it should, after what I have see. (gets hot and turns off)

If I start SpeedFan my self, with it running from the scheduled tasks, it start doubled and it will work, i can then shut down the one startet by the scheduled task.

In task manager, the one started with scheduled task, the icon is just the fan. Then one I start my self, shows the temp as in the sys tray.

Is there an way to get this to work?

Petter

:)

pettergulbra, Dec 12, 2016
  2. Marc win10vragen, Dec 12, 2016
  3. Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Dec 12, 2016
  4. pbcopter Win User

SpeedFan, can`t make i start at boot with icon (sysfield)

Only use the Task Scheduler. Create a task that starts Speedfan at logon and select run with highest privileges.

pbcopter, Dec 13, 2016
  5. That I have tried, it don't start with the icon in systray. And without that, I looks like it just runs in full speed.
    And it won't start with all users. I need it to run even if I'm not logged inn.

pettergulbra, Dec 13, 2016
  6. With SpeedFan running just in background, no icon in "systray", the fan just runs at full speed. :-(

pettergulbra, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

SpeedFan, can`t make i start at boot with icon (sysfield)

1. SpeedFan, can`t make i start at boot with icon (sysfield) - Similar Threads - SpeedFan can`t start

2. How do i make the start icon inside the start button bigger?????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i make the start icon inside the start button bigger?????: i want the windows button to stay the same but the icon inside bigger kinda like in windows 8.1.i know this seems pretty pointless but i want the vibe of windows 8.1...
  3. i can t change my brightness and when i start actions i don t see to change it where i can...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i can t change my brightness and when i start actions i don t see to change it where i can...: LuminosiiTatE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-t-change-my-brightness-and-when-i-start/0d3c0139-5097-4892-8964-6a1dcbc5e21a
  4. How do I make a slideshow start automatically on boot and make it loop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I make a slideshow start automatically on boot and make it loop?: Hi guys, I have a bunch of photos in a folder (folder is located on the Desktop) and I was wondering, how can I make it a slideshow and then set it up so that on every boot startup, it automatically opens the photos and display it as a slideshow and keeps it looping? Trying...
  5. How accurate is speedfan?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How accurate is speedfan?: Hi, I ran a stress test on my CPU using heavyload and my temps seem a bit too low in speedfan. Below are idle temps and 100% CPU usage temps. [img] [img] 161609
  6. Can´t Make or Receive Calls

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can´t Make or Receive Calls: Can anyone help me. I can´t make or receive calls since the Skype´s normal service outage; Skype worked fine until then. . I have tried the recommended solutions given to people with like problems, including 4 or 5 downloads and installs. When I try the Echo/Sound Test...
  7. Calendar app doesn`t start. The app icon in Start Menu flash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calendar app doesn`t start. The app icon in Start Menu flash: Since yesterday I can`t start the Calendar app. The icons on start menu flash between top half blurred or underlined. The Mail app icon flashes in the same way. The attached icon to start menu is blurred too with an exclamation mark in down right corner. I can`t start the app...
  8. Open Hardware Monitor / SpeedFan

Open Hardware Monitor / SpeedFan: Been awhile since I've posted anything here... And my computer really hasn't changed one bit. I did upgrade the CPU finally, though just barely. Went from a Xeon w3550 to a x5650. :V Anyways, that's not what this thread is about. I've been using two of the same programs for...
  9. How to uninstall speedfan?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to uninstall speedfan?: I installed speedfan, but it failed to run, it just crashes. But now I can not even uninstall it. In programs and features, speedfan is not listed in the program list, but it is install on the system as it can be found when I type speedfan into the search bar on the task...
  10. Speedfan Will Not Run at Boot

Speedfan Will Not Run at Boot: I use a little program called LCD Smartie to give me a separate screen display of Temps, voltages, CPU load, etc. on a small LCD screen. It works just fine, but needs Speedfan to run to get the temps and fan speeds. That's the problem. Speedfan has to run from the Startup...