Windows 10: speedfan not working after 1803 update

Discus and support speedfan not working after 1803 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used to control my cpu speed, it only sees my HDD and gpu. does anybody know why is this? i tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by imeem, Jun 28, 2018.

1. imeem Win User

speedfan not working after 1803 update

my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used to control my cpu speed, it only sees my HDD and gpu.

does anybody know why is this? i tried reinstalling the program but it was the same thing. i first notice issue when speedfan didn't work whenever i put my computer on hibernate, but will work again when i restart the computer. but now it fully does not work.

one of the error said: " ERROR: Fan Controller 0 can't find PWM (IT8720F@$A10(onISA@$A10)) "

:)

imeem, Jun 28, 2018
  2. largon Win User

Coretemp and Speedfan temp readings on Dell Vostro 200

Update you CoreTemp to 0.95.4.
    Speedfan needs to be configured for GØ stepping Core 2s:
    Configure -> Advanced -> "Chip" -dropdown list -> INTEL CORE at ~~~ -> set "Temperature offset" to 15 for each core.

What comes to the voltages; basically, Speedfan is useless for voltage monitoring. On the other hand, all softaware voltage sensors are useless...

Problem solved.

largon, Jun 28, 2018
  3. user33331 Win User
    Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 28, 2018
  4. speedfan not working after 1803 update

Cannot get Speedfan to run at StartUp

I have three programs in C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup.
    Two of the programs start as expected but for some reason Speedfan does not.
    I see a number of entries in various forums about this, and a common suggestion is to use Task Scheduler.
    However it seems that does not always work.

Update:-
    Just tried the Task Scheduler route for Speedfan. Still no go.

What is it about Speedfan that causes these difficulties?

Hairy Scot, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

speedfan not working after 1803 update

1. speedfan not working after 1803 update - Similar Threads - speedfan working 1803

2. How accurate is speedfan?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How accurate is speedfan?: Hi, I ran a stress test on my CPU using heavyload and my temps seem a bit too low in speedfan. Below are idle temps and 100% CPU usage temps. [img] [img] 161609
  3. How to uninstall speedfan?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to uninstall speedfan?: I installed speedfan, but it failed to run, it just crashes. But now I can not even uninstall it. In programs and features, speedfan is not listed in the program list, but it is install on the system as it can be found when I type speedfan into the search bar on the task...
  4. eNSDL Application not working after update windows 1803

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    eNSDL Application not working after update windows 1803: Dear sir, I have pan center from NSDL INDIA . Before updating windows 10 pro to latest version 1803. this NSDL APPLICATION IS WORKING FINE. After update this application stopped working. Also stopped my HP LESSER JET FM 1005 Printer . But a help from my Friend NOW IT si...
  5. InfraRed driver not working after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    InfraRed driver not working after 1803 update: Hi I have a Scubapro Galileo dive computer which connects to software running in windows. It all worked great until the 1803 update now, although it recognizes the infrared device when I plug it in, it doesn't work. Looking in the Device Manager it says that the driver is...
  6. Bluetooth media buttons not working after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bluetooth media buttons not working after 1803 update: YOU CAN BLOCK ME IF YOU WANT, I WILL CREATE ANOTHER ACCOUNT TO POST ABOUT THIS ISSUE UNTIL YOU (MICROSOFT) RESOLVE IT MY ISSUE: I USE VLC AND OTHER MEDIA PLAYERS AND EVER SINCE THIS STUPID UPDATE 1803 ALL MEDIA BUTTONS ARE NOT WORKING WITH MY BLUETOOTH HEADSET, SO MY...
  7. Wifi adapter is not working after Windows 1803 Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi adapter is not working after Windows 1803 Update: Hello I have a HP Pavillion 15 Notebook PC. Recently I did the Windows `10 1803 update and after that my wifi adapter has stopped working. I have done the reset of my PC and still it is not working. I contacted the customer support also , they were not able to roll back...
  8. Bluetooth Hotkeys not working after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bluetooth Hotkeys not working after 1803 update: Bluetooth Hotkeys (Play/Pause) not working after 1803 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bluetooth-hotkeys-playpause-not-working-after-1803/550c3f3c-68b4-4653-96fa-d5e23f1ddf28
  9. my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used after 1803 update

my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used after 1803 update: my speedfan no longer detects the chip i used to control my cpu speed, it only sees my HDD and gpu. does anybody know why is this? i tried reinstalling the program but it was the same thing. i first notice issue when speedfan didn't work whenever i put my computer on...
  10. Speedfan Will Not Run at Boot

Speedfan Will Not Run at Boot: I use a little program called LCD Smartie to give me a separate screen display of Temps, voltages, CPU load, etc. on a small LCD screen. It works just fine, but needs Speedfan to run to get the temps and fan speeds. That's the problem. Speedfan has to run from the Startup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speedfan not working

2. speedfan not working on I9 with W10

3. speedfan windows10 not Woking

4. speedfan not working windows 10