Windows 10: Speeding up (not turning off) Windows animations (closing/minimizing)

Discus and support Speeding up (not turning off) Windows animations (closing/minimizing) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, I have been googling on occasion to find a register tweak (or some other windows tweak) to increase the speed of the Windows UI animation,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PTMB, Oct 23, 2017.

1. PTMB Win User

Speeding up (not turning off) Windows animations (closing/minimizing)

Hi all,

I have been googling on occasion to find a register tweak (or some other windows tweak) to increase the speed of the Windows UI animation, instead of *disabling it*. When turned off it's snappy and all, but it's not a nice experience.

*Example of disabling animation*

Speeding up (not turning off) Windows animations (closing/minimizing) [​IMG]

I know off the menu speed tweak ->HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\MenuShowDelay ..

Speeding up (not turning off) Windows animations (closing/minimizing) [​IMG]

And now i can't help but wonder if there's a similar way to tweak the other animations in windows.

Any tip would be appreciated *Wink

:)

2. N8 tip...

This is a good tip and does speed up home screen changing.

So a question, what do themes do? All my screens seem the same - I did have theme set to Nokia Black but turning it off does not seem to change any appearance only speed.

This doesn't turn off themes it only turns off theme animation, which is basically instead of your menu appearing just like that it slides up from the bottom of the screen or classily disappers when you close it....so it basically just affects the transition
    from screen to screen, which leaves you with the choice do you want to watch the menu open or do you want to use it

aliqudsi---01, Oct 23, 2017
  3. StMmM Win User
    Start Menu is laggy and choppy when multiple windows are opened in the Creators Update

I recently updated to the Creators Update. There is a noticeable lag in the Start Menu when multiple app/program windows are opened. The Start opening animation becomes choppy, same for scrolling in the app list or through the pinned apps. Same goes for
    the Action Center animation, or when clicking on the time and date in the taskbar. When I minimize/close all windows, the Start menu is back to being smooth and responsive. Basically all animations are smooth again. But only when all windows are closed/minimized.

I noticed the lag in the menu becomes even worse if there's moving content in some of the opened windows, like a video playing.

This didn't happen in the previous Anniversary update.

What could it be?

StMmM, Oct 23, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 25, 2017
  5. A few I have found: among my tweaks.
    Code: Specifies the number of times the taskbar button flashes to notify the user that the system has activated a background window If the time elapsed since the last user input exceeds the value of the ForegroundLockTimeout entry, the window will automatically be brought to the foreground reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "ForegroundFlashCount" /t REG_SZ /d "0" /f ForegroundLockTimeout specifies the time in milliseconds, following user input, during which the system keeps applications from moving into the foreground / 0 - Disabled / 200000 - Default reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "ForegroundLockTimeout" /t REG_DWORD /d "0" /f Determines in milliseconds the interval from the time the cursor is pointed at a menu until the menu items are displayed reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "MenuShowDelay" /t REG_SZ /d "0" /f Mouse Hover Time in milliseconds before Pop-up Display reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Mouse" /v "MouseHoverTime" /t REG_SZ /d "0" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Oct 25, 2017
  6. PTMB Win User
    Hey thanks a lot!!
    I'll be checking these out asap!

PTMB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Speeding up (not turning off) Windows animations (closing/minimizing) - Similar Threads - Speeding turning off

2. Animation speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Animation speed: Is there any way to change the animation speed? As for example in android, you can set the animation speed! Surely this can be done through the relay! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/animation-speed/92418902-5dde-4cb7-b695-45f3b0d576db
  3. Animation speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Animation speed: Is there any way to change the animation speed? As for example in android, you can set the animation speed! Surely this can be done through the relay! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/animation-speed/92418902-5dde-4cb7-b695-45f3b0d576db
  4. Trying to close/minimize a maximized window and I end up closing/minimizing a window...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to close/minimize a maximized window and I end up closing/minimizing a window...: Hey all, I don't know if this is a bug or some feature that Microsoft put in Windows 10 but it's super annoying. Sometimes for whatever reason I'll move my mouse up to either minimize or close a window that is maximized and it won't close that window I'm intending but...
  5. Turn off auto-minimize windows

Turn off auto-minimize windows: Hi, is there any way to disable auto-minimize of windows? for example: I want to place three windows on my monitor without letting the OS auto minimize them. Thank you all. submitted by /u/giuliomoraca [link] [comments]...
  6. How to speed up animation when closing or maximizing a window?

How to speed up animation when closing or maximizing a window?: I don't want to get rid of animations completely. I just want to make it a little quicker like Android where you can set the animation scale to .5x in developer options. submitted by /u/I_love_emoji [link] [comments]...
  7. How to speed up animation when closing or maximizing a window?

How to speed up animation when closing or maximizing a window?: I don't want to get rid of animations completely. I just want to make it a little quicker like Android where you can set the animation scale to .5x in developer options. submitted by /u/I_love_emoji [link] [comments]...
  8. Animations and Anti-aliasing turned off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Animations and Anti-aliasing turned off: I was drawing by my PC and my sketch pad slapped my keyboard then suddenly all text got super pixelated, when I move around my program windows it shows a highlight of where it will be instead of real time and my task bar just pops up without a smooth animation. I need help I...
  9. How to speed up Windows 10 animations

in Windows 10 News
    How to speed up Windows 10 animations: [ATTACH] Windows 10 is all loaded with animations. These animations give Windows 10 a smoother and a more modern interface. The duration of these animations also helps the user in determining the speediness of the overall computer. However, this also helps [...] This post...
  10. Turn On or Off UI Animations in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off UI Animations in Firefox: How to: Turn On or Off UI Animations in Firefox How to Turn On or Off UI Animations in Firefox Quantum [img] Information Starting with Firefox Quantum (version 57), there is a new user interface (UI) called Photon. The Photon UI includes a number of animations...