Windows 10: Spell Check Enabled but not working

Discus and support Spell Check Enabled but not working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. Have creators update installed, spell check as I go is enabled and spell check in general under typing settings is also enabled, but inside of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by networkn, Jul 23, 2017.

1. networkn Win User

Spell Check Enabled but not working

Hi.

Have creators update installed, spell check as I go is enabled and spell check in general under typing settings is also enabled, but inside of Gmail and my other Web Email it doesn't highlight errors as it finds them. I checked the registry and both are enabled there as well?
    Tried it on IE11 and Edge on 2 computers, once it works, the other not.

Anyone got any ideas?

:)

networkn, Jul 23, 2017
  2. TylerK182 Win User

Lumia 800 spell check not working correctly but autocomplete is

Hi Nate

I performed a soft reset as suggested, the problem persists.

I also can't think of any settings I may have changed or apps that would affect spell checking options.

I remember having this problem for a while (perhaps since I got the phone a number of months ago).
    I just wasn't aware of it until I asked my friend and we did some comparisons.

Thanks so far,
    Tyler

TylerK182, Jul 23, 2017
  3. TylerK182 Win User
    Lumia 800 spell check not working correctly but autocomplete is

Hi Windows Phone community

I have a Nokia Lumia 800, with WP 7.8 installed, 7.10 (8858).

I live in South Africa and have my 'region+language' settings set to:
    Display language: English (United Kingdom)
    Region Format: English (South Africa)
    System Locale: English (United States)
    Browser & Search Language: English (United States)

My 'Typing settings' under 'Keyboard' are all checked.

I also have my phone connected to a live.co.za (South African) address.

My best friend also has a Lumia 800 with the same build, but with a UK live address.

The problem is, in any app that allows text input and autocomplete, the text that I enter is predictive, and works well with finding words that could be misspelt due to key proximity, but any words that are not spelt correctly at all, it does not have
    suggestions, and mostly offers to add the word to the dictionary.

For example, if I want to type: "especially" and I start with "especial" it does offer "especially" to complete the word.
    The moment I add a 'y' to make "especialy" (intentional misspelling) it does not offer any suggestions. I tap on the word and it only offers to add it to the dictionary "+ especialy"

My friends phone offers to autocorrect it to the correct spelling.

Please offer me some guidance on this issue.
    Thank you

TylerK182, Jul 23, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there, networkn. What do you mean "once it works, the other not"? Did you mean "one it works, the other not"?

I'll assume it works in IE and not Edge. Edge is iffy at times. Comes and goes.

Is this when you're signed into Gmail I take it? If so, I would think it's that editor that's not working.

Tony K, Jul 23, 2017
  5. networkn Win User
    Sorry, I'll clarify. I have 2 computers running W10 creators update. Spell check works find in Gmail and my other app on one and the other it doesn't work.
    Settings are identical to the best of my abilitty to check.

networkn, Jul 23, 2017
  6. Tony K Win User
    Tony K, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Spell Check Enabled but not working - Similar Threads - Spell Check Enabled

2. spell check not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    spell check not working: spell check not working.It suddenly quite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-not-working/412c01b2-a552-48f8-a942-60c21184f397
  3. spell check not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check not working: spell check not working.It suddenly quite https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-check-not-working/412c01b2-a552-48f8-a942-60c21184f397
  4. spell check not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Spell check stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spell check stopped working: Hi When I open a new word document the spell check does not work. I'm not the greatest speller so this is annoying. I often open an older document, which has spell check working, and edit this to get around the problem. But I can't figure out why new documents don't work in...
  6. Spell check stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spell check stopped working: Hi When I open a new word document the spell check does not work. I'm not the greatest speller so this is annoying. I often open an older document, which has spell check working, and edit this to get around the problem. But I can't figure out why new documents don't work in...
  7. spell check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    spell check: When typing and I misspell a word and I right click on it to get the correct spelling it has stopped showing me choices. It has always given me several words to choose from and then pops them in when I make a choice. How do I get this feature back again?...
  8. Spell check not working in reply.

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Spell check not working in reply.: Using Office 2010 and Windows 1903. When replying to an email spelling errors comes up underlined. A right click instead of offering the correct work comes up with signatures. Now the perceived wisdom seems to be that you edit signatures and put -- above the signature and...
  9. Spell Check is not working as expected

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell Check is not working as expected: Once in a while when I write something using Edge, I face an issue with Spell Check - it doesn’t correct the misspelled words. Because it is not an ongoing issue, it is difficult to spot the cause of it. I made sure that Highlight Misspelled Words are on. But this feature...
  10. Enable spell check

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Enable spell check: Hi, i have English version of Windows 10 installed. I want to enable spell check (proofing) in Microsoft Word. If I install language pack from "region and language" settings (Croatian language, default language) will it "translate" windows from English to Croatian?...