Windows 10: Spell checker

Discus and support Spell checker in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; With Internet Explorer I have IE spell. And I Knead a spale checker reel baad. Is there one I can use with 10? Eye hope ewe kan help me. 7187 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Frank1, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Frank1 Win User

Spell checker

With Internet Explorer I have IE spell. And I Knead a spale checker reel baad. Is there one I can use with 10? Eye hope ewe kan help me.

:)

Frank1, Jun 17, 2015

2. spell checker

The spell checker has stopped working every since 12/23 when 3 Windows 10 updates completed on my computer. When I restarted, it gave me a warning that my computer had been restored to a older version. Well, it had to be a lot older, because I've had a text
    wide spell checker going since at least Windows 7, but most probably older. It also did several other things that I spent many hours and many dollars correcting when Microsoft forced Windows 10 on me. Now most of those are back. Anyone help with the spell
    checker?

NormaLundgren, Jun 17, 2015
  3. spell checker

Forgive me if I don't get all the jargon just right. Put it down to my aged - which is advanced!

The spell checker for Windows 10 in Word and Outlook is hopeless. If the first letter of a word is wrong, it can't find any matching words at all. The old spellcheck was brilliant. Might it be a good idea to return to that one while something constructive
    is done to make the new version work better?

Here are some examples:

typo for 'freezing' resulted in 'reezing' SpellCheck offered reefing, reeking and reeling

typo for 'night-time' resulted in 'ight-time' SpellCheck offered might, right, sight but not night. Right-time might be possible but might-time or sight-time?

gorsemaggie, Jun 17, 2015
Thema:

Spell checker

1. Spell checker - Similar Threads - Spell checker

2. SPELL CHECKER DOESN'T WORK

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    SPELL CHECKER DOESN'T WORK: I'm having a problem with my MS word's spelling checker. It doesn't check incorrect spelling as I type. I tried several times to change settings from the proofing tab. Whenever I unchecked "hide the spelling errors for this document or all documents, and click OK, and...
  3. Spell Checker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Spell Checker: I have lost Spellchecker on my Windows 10, can you suggest how to get it back please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spell-checker/edf91932-0b16-4493-8704-099a6b04c99b
  4. Spell Checker problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spell Checker problems: as I type I get spelling correction on words that are not incorrectly spelled. Such as the word "Does" it shows as incorrect with a recommendation of ooes. This does not matter in word or internet or any other program I use....
  5. Unable to disable spell checker

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to disable spell checker: For some unknown reason I still get the annoying red underline in Edge despite having all the settings in settings-devices-typing turned off. What's up with that? Did I miss something else somewhere? 121442
  6. Unable to disable spell checker

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to disable spell checker: For some unknown reason I still get the annoying red underline in Edge despite having all the settings in settings-devices-typing turned off. What's up with that? Did I miss something else somewhere? 121442
  7. Windows PC Error: permanent spell checker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows PC Error: permanent spell checker: For the past few days, I've noticed that whatever I type on my keyboard, after i hit space a small box shows at the top of the screen and shows what I just typed. This happens in every single app I have open, including on my desktop and in games. When i click the box, its the...
  8. Spell Checker error on 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Spell Checker error on 1803 update: I am getting the following Error ID: 33 in the new 1803 April 2018 update. Failed to add hardcoded change pair "http -> http" to engine: Not implemented. The spell checker will still be available. [img] Any ideas what this might be? 109250
  9. Windows Live Mail spelling checker problem

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail spelling checker problem: I am using Windows 10 and Windows Live Mail. I cannot get the spelling checker to work. Whist the Icon shows on the toolbar it is dimmed out. I have set Live Mail up to check my spelling before sending out an e-mails but this does not happen either. Does anyone have...
  10. Does the Windows 10 spell checker work for anyone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does the Windows 10 spell checker work for anyone?: Relatively new user of Windows 10 (about a month). Before that, I was exclusively mac. I have all the settings turned on under the typing section of the settings app. However, there seems to be no checking of spelling at all. Is this just me, or is the spell checking...